Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Need advice for UT2K4

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-04, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need advice for UT2K4

Hi guys! I just upgraded my computer so lately I've gone nuts on Doom 3, Far Cry and UT2K4.

I played the original UT way back when but I need help with a couple of things in the 2004 Edition (online).

-How do you perform a "wall jump"? Or any other special moves? Sometimes I got someone dead in my sights and it's like they do a 180 and frag me right away...

-Any other general advice you might have for an old videogame warrior?

I usually do ok, I place within the top 5 (team DM) but any advice from you pros would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 08-27-04, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I don't really have much advice since i dont play it a whole lot... except remember to use double jump when you can, and booster when your adrenaline is full
Old 08-27-04, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh yes, double jump and booster are my friends!

I don't have much use for speed or invisible.
Old 08-28-04, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Need advice for UT2K4

Originally posted by Darkfriend
[B]Hi guys! I just upgraded my computer so lately I've gone nuts on Doom 3, Far Cry and UT2K4.
I'm in the same boat - last April, I upgraded from an 850mhz machine to a 3.2ghz machine, and the games are just incredible.

Be sure to play my two favorite recent games in this genre:
  • Halo is rapidly becoming one of my favorite games period - it just gets better as it goes along, and by the end, you're having these massive battles with three different alien races (which are also fighting each other.) Very cool stuff.

• Call of Duty is a really impressive WWII FPS. It's got some really neat event setups (you, as part of the Russian force reinvading Stalingrad, have to rush into a tank brigade with about 50 compatriots; or, you have to take over a bombed-out apartment building, and then hold it against swarms of attackers for a few minutes.) Besides the fun scenarios, the game benefits greatly from a really well-crafted combat system; it's just fun to gun people down.
As for UT2K4, you can perform the wall jump by jumping into it, and the moment you touch it, jump in the opposite direction. Some practice will help. In truth, it's not all that useful against real players, but the double jump is helpful. As for power-ups, always go with Booster (back-back-back-back), which regenerates your health (and keeps doing so well past 100) or Berzerk (forward-forward-back-back), which makes all of your weapons fire at double speed.

- David Stein
Old 08-28-04, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

sfsdfd, ain't it fun to put all effects to max and finally enjoy games in all their splendor?

Call of Duty I'm definitely getting next week. I tried a couple of demos and it's like Medal of Honor on steroids