Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Open Invitation to the Presidential Candidates to talk about Video Game Talk

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-04, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Good morning, gamers... Don't forget to go vote.

Good lord, and you thought I rambled on and on... Are you sure you want das representing you? I clearly have the most experience as well as the most hardware and software. I'm the only candidate with your best interests at heart.
Old 07-27-04, 07:18 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Gallant Pig
Das mentioned you specifically in his debate as a calming force to keep the flaming to a minimum. Right I see only someone stiring the coals. Please elaborate on your future actions.
I don't believe I'm stirring the coals...I'm merely speaking for all video gamers (as opposed to Thor's "base"...Xbox Live Sports gamers).
Old 07-27-04, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• Trigger •

Good lord, and you thought I rambled on and on... Are you sure you want das representing you? I clearly have the most experience as well as the most hardware and software. I'm the only candidate with your best interests at heart.
Vote for me or I'll respond to this post in detail! Go ahead, try me ... I'll do it ...

das
Old 07-27-04, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Thor you should have made who girl a bigger part of your campaign, maybe gotten her to show some skin. You could get some more votes!

Shadow
Old 07-27-04, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
I'll second that vote for whogirl skin!

If I wanted to vote along party lines, what party do ya'll belong to?
Old 07-27-04, 08:51 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I'd rather see El-Kabong skin. Well, his COH avatar anyway.

I'm finished!
Old 07-27-04, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• goLUCKY •

If I wanted to vote along party lines, what party do ya'll belong to?
Thor is from the Happy Pappy Party, which as I understand it, represents fun in Otter.
I am in the DVD Talk Party, which is a combined effort of all the smaller forums (TV Talk, Sports Talk, Independent Movie Talk, and yes ... Video Game Talk) to bring the fun everywhere.
Trigger is the obligatory "Third Party," keeping the system honest and giving voters an alternative.

das
Old 07-27-04, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
I'm torn between voting for trigger or das Monkey. I need more funny ads (video game related) to make my final decision.
Old 07-27-04, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 917 Likes on 650 Posts
Actually this is the way I see it:

das & Trigger represent the majority of the forums. I find there posts in a half dozen of them.

I see Thor as the Ross Perot of this election. I have never heard of him until the nominations. He has been around a while, but I guess just sticks to otters. Doesn't seem familiar at all. I guess if you just hang out there, he is your man.

Whereas das is quite vocal in the TV/Movie/DVD/& Music forums. While we may differ on taste in shows the debates are always lively and fun. Plus he has impeccable taste in music.

Trigger spreads his wings as well over the same forums as well as video games and a couple others. He has great taste in movies but was at the heart of the console wars( which almost got me banned) during a heated posting. Fortunately though that has calmed down with only a random attack here and there, but it is likely to stir up again with the next gen of consoles debuting at E3 next year. Can Trigger keep a cool head?

So I see it as thor is more like the alternative vote to me where the real battle is between Trigger and das.

What I want to delve into is the skeletons. Every campain has them.

Why does das not capitalize his name? Where does it come from? And is he really
Spoiler:
? Owning every game system tells me that last one is just political lies. Although if true it bodes well in the book forum since it is made up of mostly Stephen King fans and that is a great number.

Trigger: What is up with his disdain for Kevin Smith? There are a lot of fans of him on these boards. Is trigger alienating the voters? Sure he likes the gamecube now that it is voting time. Convenient. Play to the voters.

Thor Simpson: What's with clinging to an outdated mythilogical character? Thor is the poor man's Zeus. I mean really. He is one step away from being the sixth guy on "queer eye." Although if he was vocal in the tv forum it would bode well for him from the SG-1 voters. Simpson? Fan of the cartoon? or fan of the wife killing murderer? Important to know. Definitely an odd combination of names.
Old 07-27-04, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Nice post, Michael.

das
Old 07-27-04, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• goLUCKY •

I'm torn between voting for trigger or das Monkey. I need more funny ads (video game related) to make my final decision.

Vote das Monkey: Danger is his middle name.

Are you sure you want to risk what will happen if das Monkey loses this election?

das
Old 07-27-04, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
Admit it. Thor's using you to get me to type myself into exhaustion so I have to back out of the race!

Lucky for me, I type insanely fast, and I have lots of caffeine by my side.

das
Doesn't all this typing cut in your TV viewing time though?
Old 07-27-04, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Gallant Pig
Groucho, you seem to be attacking someone for something they've never even delved into. I don't recall Thor partaking in any console war threads. He owns one machine, isn't that a sign of the common man? Someone who doesn't have the deep pockets to own them all. And shouldn't someone who only has the means to own one machine maximize their gaming efforts for that machine?
Exactly. And I was just able to get my xbox a few weeks ago after more than a year without a system. But now I'm back and I'm loving xbox live.

I used to own every system known to man until my gameplay availability dwindled after college.

And for the record, while I LOVE sports games, most of my money historically has gone towards rpg's, war games, fighting games and experimental games like panzer dragoon saga and shenmue.

I assume most people have voted already, but if not, it's time to go and vote for:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=376846
Old 07-27-04, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 917 Likes on 650 Posts
who are you kidding dancinns? das has a dual monitor setup. One just for the tivo feed from the family room...

.. that and it is summer and there ain't jack on.
Old 07-27-04, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

das
I think das's blatent FLAUNTING of his use of emulators ("Virtual 2600"? Do you own the original Pitfall 2600 cartridge?) should be just cause for immediate disqualification from the race.

If you were truly a "man of the people" here at the Video Game Forum, you would know that emulation without legal ownership of the original games is frowned upon.

I think this issue needs to be addressed more fully - and I expect a full retraction of that possibly illegal image.

(PS - Ware do u get yo' ROMZ?!?)
Old 07-27-04, 01:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will pick me or I will kill ya. No really I will I got like 5 guns. I can drop ya easy from 300 yards.
Old 07-27-04, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you sure you want to risk what will happen if das Monkey loses this election?

das

THIS IS FRIGGIN BRILLIANT!!!

Support the Monkey/wikoff ticket, VOTE now!
Old 07-27-04, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• cheapskate •

Do you own the original Pitfall 2600 cartridge?
While I just chose the first Pitfall screenshot I found, ironically, I do. I even have my old TI-99/4A with the silly Pac Man clone game Munchman, where you became invincible by munching little Texas-shaped icons.

• cheapskate •

(PS - Ware do u get yo' ROMZ?!?)
Y@ n33dz m@ D!57R0, f00

das
Old 07-27-04, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just catching this thread. Funny SH#%!

Michael, that post above was hilarious.

So far, I like das Monkey's video-game driven political ads better. Not really into Thor's "Look at the Booby woman" ads.

In the election thread, I particularly liked Copenhagen's B5-related "Thor Simpson is NOT THE ONE!" ad.

I disagree on the comment about using an old Viking god as a name. I am admittedly tilted with a preference for Monkeys, but Angry War Gods are definitely a close second as far as coolness factor.

I've always hated 2-party political systems though, so perhaps a vote for Trigger is in order.

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 07-27-04 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-27-04, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• GreenMonkey •

In the election thread, I particularly liked Copenhagen's B5-related "Thor Simpson is NOT THE ONE!" ad.
From earlier in the week:

das
Old 07-27-04, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• GreenMonkey •

So far, I like das Monkey's video-game driven political ads better.

Vote for me, and I'll let the princess go. I'll even stop rolling the barrels. Think of poor Mario! Luigi can't go on without him!

das
Old 07-27-04, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Now that is a campaign ad. I just spent some time reading through some of the candidate's posts (since I don't spend quite as much time here as I do on HTF).

das Monkey shows an attitude that I seem to like. A little too flippant and humorous perhaps, but that's a good attitude to help keep people from getting angry.

Any candidate that has watched B5 should, hypothetically, agree with the many themes that jms put forth. Personally, I find I almost 100% agree with jms's ideas and philosophy. Anybody seeped in B5 can't be too bad.

I'm voting das Monkey for President. At least we know he won't abuse his power. B5 folks know what goes with power. Don't end up like Lando, das Monkey

I have seen what power does, and I have seen what power costs. The one is never equal to the other.
-G'Kar
Old 07-27-04, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• GreenMonkey •

Don't end up like Lando, das Monkey
Not a chance! I'd never make a deal with Vader!

You really should drop by TV Talk sometime. B5 is always a topic of discussion. In fact, I've spent the last few years around here trying to help people discover this wonderful show. We've still yet to find a single dissatisfied customer. The worst thing someone said once was, "it was really, really good, but not my favorite show of all time." Ouch.

das
Old 07-27-04, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I drop through all the DVD talk forums. Sometimes at work I have a lot of time to kill. I generally wander through Video Game Talk & Book Talk more, since the video game area @ hometheaterforum is pretty dead at this point (defected to LCVG.com forums) and there is no book discussion @ HTF.

Anyway, das Monkey for President!!
Old 07-27-04, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.