After a weekend of ESPN NFL 2K5...

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

After a weekend of ESPN NFL 2K5...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-04, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one thing I do is consentantly SP? pound the ball with the running game. I found that this game does a good job of adjusting to what you are throwing at it, and the passing game should open up. Also I always look at what the defense is lining up with. If they are well off the line, then I'll use the hot routes and run an in or out. If they are playing close I try to stack one side and get a mismatch for the safeties. A good reciever should beat a good coner, but not a corner and a safety. Also look for you TE. These guys have saved me more times than I can count. Also don't forget looking for a running back out in the flats. And lastly, use play action. Most of the time, meaning the D isn't blitzing, play action will by your recievers and QB time to get open, and usaully the coners jump hand off.

I've been a VC gamer for a couple years now and just recentally got NCAA. I can honestly say that the passing game is awesome once you get the fell for it. Don't give up. Work through the progressing and get the ball out quickly.
Old 07-28-04, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,202 Likes on 4,229 Posts
Umm... How do you get the custom stadium music to play during a Live game? I've put together some great taunting music but can't get it to play.
Old 07-29-04, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Decker
Umm... How do you get the custom stadium music to play during a Live game? I've put together some great taunting music but can't get it to play.
You can't; also can't do custom celebrations.
Old 07-29-04, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Can someone tell me how to load a VIP Franchise game I have already started?

I created a team, played a full preseason, and saved it. When I go back to try to load my team, it doesn't show that I played any games and wants to start me over with no record of games played. I must have tried for 15 minutes to figure what was going on, with no luck. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.
Old 07-29-04, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

options -> load/save franchise -> highlight the correct franchise save file -> open it.
Old 07-29-04, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally posted by Copenhagen
options -> load/save franchise -> highlight the correct franchise save file -> open it.
I think I tried that and it didn't work. I'll try again tonite though. Thanks.
Old 07-29-04, 06:57 PM

Originally posted by cdollaz
Did you actually go into options and select save franchise, to save it? The game doesn't automatically save it for you, that save at the end of the games is not a franchise save.
Old 07-30-04, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally posted by cdollaz
Which I learned the hard way after pounding the other team for 275 rushing yards.
Old 07-30-04, 10:45 AM

can someone explain the qb evade moves? and how do I make him slide feet first?
Old 07-30-04, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts
Slide is the same as dive for your other players (the QB slides feet first instead of dives head first). The rest of the QB moves are done with the right analog stick, and are basically ways to try to avoid a sack
Old 07-30-04, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Originally posted by cowboy
can someone explain the qb evade moves? and how do I make him slide feet first?
Use the right thumbstick in a direction away from the defender. It is most effective if you are not running with the qb. I can usually evade the first guy, but it's the second one that tackles you.

note: I had my first field goal blocked last night. lost that game by 1 point.
Old 07-30-04, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does anyone know what the best, most realistic sliders are? If you change the sliders, do you still get VIP points?
Old 07-30-04, 11:17 AM

Originally posted by fujishig
Slide is the same as dive for your other players (the QB slides feet first instead of dives head first). The rest of the QB moves are done with the right analog stick, and are basically ways to try to avoid a sack
I don't think its ever worked for me. Do I have to hold the button down? My qb is passed the line of scrimmage when I try to make him slide.
Old 07-30-04, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I played a crazy game last night in Franchise mode. I made 7 intereceptions, 5 of those going back to touchdowns. Of the 5 ints for touchdown, 3 of them were for 100 yards, 101 yards and 102 yards Looks like I need to mess with the sliders or crank that difficulty up some.
Old 07-30-04, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I finally looked at the VIP stats... holy crap that's a lot of stats. It even tells people which offensive or defensive move you like to use the most (I spin about 75% of the time).

Amazing stuff. I'm sure it makes league play more interesting, when you can practice against a facsimile of your opponent and gameplan for them.
Old 07-30-04, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anyone else had a problem loading their VIP profile while logging on to XBox Live? I can log on just fine, but it always says that my profile could not be loaded at this time and it would default to the current profile.
Old 08-01-04, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think you have to play a game before your profile can be loaded. At least that's what someone on the other thread said.
Old 08-01-04, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
You are right mine did not load until after my first game.
Old 08-01-04, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the reply, I'll have to get that first game under my belt.
Old 08-02-04, 12:54 AM

Does anyone know how to substitute a player into a different position in franchise mode?
I want to play a SS at FS, but it seems like there are no options for substituting out of position
Old 08-02-04, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
I think in order to play a SS at FS(or any other position) you have to go into the subtitutions menu during the game and do it that way. The depth chart is not very user friendly. Also, I find it funny that you can edit everything on a rookie player, except their position, unless I am missing something.
Old 08-02-04, 01:11 PM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well, I have been playing this and NCAA Football 2005 quite a bit this past weekend and I am thinking I prefer this. I have not played anything but EA's NCAA franchise the past 4 years, but like the looks, presentation and gameplay of this. I wouldn't have bought this if it weren't $20 either so Sega did a good thing by lowering their price. Can't wait to get the DVDTalk League started.
Old 08-02-04, 01:52 PM

Originally posted by no_creativity
Does anyone know how to substitute a player into a different position in franchise mode?
I want to play a SS at FS, but it seems like there are no options for substituting out of position
I don't think you can do that. I read on some other board that they changed don't let you make subs from other positions because they had problems with people using linebackers as kickers last year.
Old 08-02-04, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DAC
Well, I have been playing this and NCAA Football 2005 quite a bit this past weekend and I am thinking I prefer this. I have not played anything but EA's NCAA franchise the past 4 years, but like the looks, presentation and gameplay of this. I wouldn't have bought this if it weren't $20 either so Sega did a good thing by lowering their price. Can't wait to get the DVDTalk League started.
I bought NCAA on Friday and picked up ESPN too. Like you, I wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't $16.

I've only played one quarter of ESPN but I was really impressed. I'm sure the default difficulty is "too easy" but I enjoyed being able to jump right into a game and have fun. I was shocked when I had a field goal opportunity, went for it and actually made the field goal.

Last year I swore off Madden as it took away from my NCAA time. No Madden temptation this year, but I still have 2 football games to juggle.

I don't even care for NFL football that much.
Old 08-02-04, 04:10 PM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Gromit
I bought NCAA on Friday and picked up ESPN too. Like you, I wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't $16.

I've only played one quarter of ESPN but I was really impressed. I'm sure the default difficulty is "too easy" but I enjoyed being able to jump right into a game and have fun. I was shocked when I had a field goal opportunity, went for it and actually made the field goal.

Last year I swore off Madden as it took away from my NCAA time. No Madden temptation this year, but I still have 2 football games to juggle.

I don't even care for NFL football that much.
That was it too. I never picked up Madden or NFL 2K series, it was only NCAA for me (call me a fanboy if you want to), but figured any other would just take away from my NCAA play time. I really am enjoying this, and maybe it's because it is a bit easy. I mean the passing on NCAA is ridiculous. The wideouts will drop a pass that hits them in the hands if it's a cross pattern or curl (something short) but if you drop back and heave it 40 yards they will catch it in triple coverage. I've played online a few times and Playing online and a couple of my opponants had done that. It's not even that fun to play someone if all they are going to do is throw the bomb every time.

You are right, it is nice to be able to kick a field goal.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.