DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
There was nothing.

I picked up Dead to Rights, as I didnt want to completely waste a trip blah
Old 07-08-04, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by asianxcore
oh they were marked 19.99. some were marked 19.99, and 29.99. is that what they are scanning as, because I've been waiting to pick up this game for a while.
Yeah, it is on sale this week for $14.99. You can also order it via the web with free shipping for that price as well.
Old 07-08-04, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by brianluvdvd
I found Timesplitters 2 at both Circuit Citys in my area & both ring up at $19.99 directly from the UPC. Wonder why that is?
I noticed that too when i checked timesplitters 2....there are two different UPC's for that one, the "Value Game" version is not part of the $4.99 clearance.
Old 07-08-04, 09:38 PM

A little good news. I stopped by one of the CC stores around here (Indian Bend - AZ store) and they had a ton of $4.99 games that weren't there last time I went. It was interesting because it was 3 big racks full of games. It wasn't just GC, PS2, Xbox, PS1 either. They actually had a bunch of Dreamcast and GBC games as well (lots of hard to find GBC titles, which surprised me). I asked the sales associate where the games came from, and he told me they had just pulled a lot of old stock from the back. He also told me other stores were going to do this as well. You guys should stop by your CC stores again or call and ask them if they're going to put out some backstock now or on Sunday.

We're 6 days into the clearance, and I had my single biggest haul today. Here's what I picked up for $4.99 today alone:

GBA/GBC
Mario Tennis GBC, Pokemon Crystal GBC, Zelda Ages GBC, River King 2 GBC, Megaman Xtreme 2 GBC, and a lot more.

Xbox
Cat in the Hat
Buffy Chaos Bleeds

PS2
18 Wheeler
Rayman 3
Super Bust A Move
MTV Music Generator 2
Jade Cocoon 2
Yu-Gi-Oh: The Duelists of the Roses
Dark Cloud
Moto GP 2
Summoner 2

Gamecube
Disney Extreme Skate Adventure
Frogger Beyond
Defender

PS1
Crash Bandicoot Collector's Edition (CTR, Crash Bash, CB Warped)
Spyro Colllector's Edition (Spyro 1-3)
Dragon Valor
Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories

That's proof there's still stuff out there. If you're in AZ, check the Indian Bend, Scottsdale store. There's still a ton of good stuff there when I left earlier today.

Last edited by DriftChamp; 07-08-04 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-08-04, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like its pretty much hit or miss.

the sales associate that I talked too today saw that I had a basket..and she said..its been picked clean.

All that we're left we're old crappy sports titles.
Old 07-09-04, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Appears by scouring other threads, that their might be a new shipment of older games starting for the sunday (7/11) when the sale was originally suppose to start.

As always YMMV.
Old 07-09-04, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 401 Likes on 301 Posts
I checked my Circuit City a few times, and they had like a total crap selection of games.

Maybe I'll try later
Old 07-09-04, 01:22 AM

-nickdawgy

Which CCs did you visit? I visited a few and some of just cleaned out. I don't know if they will restock, but there are ads already confirming the 4.99 sale this weekend.

so far, I've been to:
Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena, and Hollywood. The Pasadena one sounds promising when the deal started 7/3, but since then, it's got nothing. Everything was so neat you don't even need to search for a title.

Last edited by gongon78; 07-09-04 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-09-04, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 401 Likes on 301 Posts
Originally posted by gongon78
-nicksawgy

Which CCs did you visit? I visited a few and some of just cleaned out. I don't know if they will restock, but there are ads already confirming the 4.99 sale this weekend.

so far, I've been to:
Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena, and Hollywood. The Pasadena one sounds promising when the deal started 7/3, but since then, it's got nothing. Everything was so neat you don't even need to search for a title.
I checked the one in Temecula. Gonna check another one tonight or tomorrow. Not sure where though.
Old 07-09-04, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Picked up Syberia, but everything was already picked through at my CC. I guess I'll check back later to see if any more games get put out.
Old 07-09-04, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by superdeluxe
Appears by scouring other threads, that their might be a new shipment of older games starting for the sunday (7/11) when the sale was originally suppose to start.

As always YMMV.
My CC had nothing on sale yet, and told me that they're receiving a bunch for the sale that starts this Sunday.
Old 07-09-04, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by clappj
My CC had nothing on sale yet, and told me that they're receiving a bunch for the sale that starts this Sunday.
Yup. I think one of several things is going on..

1)Some stores once the prices we're leaked just went ahead with the sale early

2)Some stores, went with the sale early, then pulled the games, until this sunday (7/11)

3)And some stores, went ahead with the sale early/pulled them, and will be getting another shipment for sunday's sale.

So either way, it appears Sunday might be a good bet, and if not one store, maybe another store might have the deals.
Old 07-09-04, 11:20 AM

Did any one pick up:

Marvel vs Capcom
DOA 3
Aliens vs Predator
Indiana Jones
Dragon's Lair

and want to trade for:
The Thing
Serious Sam

I am on the Good Traders List and have a 190 Feedback Score on eBay (http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISA...k&userid=fripp1), a verified Paypal address and have been on DVDtalk since May 2000.

Looking forward to trading… Thanks a ton!

Josh
Old 07-09-04, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just checked the Seattle area Circuit City

Was closed out. It had just opened, and I saw a tall dude in a business suit with a list.

All that was left was sports titles.

I guess the only hope is for the rumored sunday sale.
Old 07-09-04, 01:16 PM

I got 7 games last sunday.

Mega Man X7
Dynasty Warriors 4
Futurama
Toe Jam and Earl 3
Gladius
Chaos Legion
Dark Cloud 2

What makes this an even better deal is I was able to trade two of these for a free copy of NCAA Football 2005 at a local game store here called Rhino Games. NCAA 2005 for $10 is the best deal I've gotten on anything all year.
Old 07-09-04, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I went back to the local CC by my work and picked up 5 more games:

PS2:
State Of Emergency

XBox:
Robotech: Battlecry
Rocky (Have Not Seen This On Any Of The Lists Floating Around)
The Thing

GBA:
Tekken Advance

So all in all I have managed to pick-up 10 PS2 games, 12 XBox games, & 4 GBA games. I think I am finished looking as the remaining games I want are some of the harder ones to find and I do not feel like fighting with the general public on Sunday, especially without knowing what (or if) kind of new selection will be out.

Last edited by Big Dave; 07-09-04 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-09-04, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
I went again today to check out the Circuit City in San Rafael. The employees there said that what they had out was their 4.99 selection. Who knows if they will get new stuff on Sunday.

**I picked up Mortal Kombat 5: Deadly Alliance (promotional copy) for PS2, only 1 penny!! It's the full game, the only difference is, it has a red box on the front and disc that says "promotional copy not for resale". Comes with full artwork and instructions too! 1 Penny

Finally picked up Castlevania: Lament of Innocence for 14.99 today too.

Last edited by asianxcore; 07-09-04 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-09-04, 07:07 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi the Nashua and Salem NH stores again today, they are thouroughly cleaned out and have employees posted in the game section like gaurds in a prison. Couldn't move two inches without there being a red shirt standing there. If anyone has found the Sims for Gamecube please shoot me an email, I'm desperately trying to find that one!

Thanks!

Todd
[email protected]
Old 07-09-04, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just checked the one near me in Lakewood, CO and they still haven't put out the cheap games yet. I guess I'll hope for Sunday.
Old 07-09-04, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
on top of the Mortal Kombat 5: Deadly Alliance promo for a penny, I spotted today,

Jeopardy (ps2)
Dragonball Collectable Card Game (GBA)
Digimon : ?? (GBA)
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets (GBA)
Herdy Gerdy (ps2)
Maestro (ps2)
some NCAA game for (xbox)
Madden 2002?3? (GBA) (marshall faulk)

most of the 4.99 stuff in my circuit city's bin was mostly GBA/GBC stuff
Old 07-09-04, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by tofu
I just checked the one near me in Lakewood, CO and they still haven't put out the cheap games yet. I guess I'll hope for Sunday.
You're in the best position, knowing games havent even been pulled yet, you can prepare for sunday morning.
Old 07-09-04, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Get ready for Sunday

I over heard an employee of CC when he was flirting with a girl that they have more games in the back but they are for Sunday.
Old 07-09-04, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Originally posted by kar10
Get ready for Sunday

I over heard an employee of CC when he was flirting with a girl that they have more games in the back but they are for Sunday.
Which Chi-land store was that?
Old 07-09-04, 10:50 PM
Banned

Want back today and got.

XBOX

Swat
Burnout 2

PSX2
War Of The Monsters.

GBA

Breath Of Fire 2 for my woman.

I think mine is clained out the only games lift are not even worth $5 to me. They had extra copys of some games I got but I lift them for other folks. I was going to get Powder Puff girls for PSX2 but I was thinking you know what I may want it and like it but I bet a kid would enjoy this game allot more then me so I lift it. I dman sure hope a kid gets it.
Old 07-10-04, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Last Sunday I managed to snag a good assortment of games, although a lot of stuff had already been snatched. I talked to some of the employees, and was told that one of the managers had picked a lot of stuff for himself. They also told me a woman was waiting at the door when they opened that morning, she hit the aisles with a list and snatched up a huge load of games, a lot of them multiples, including every single copy of Viewtiful Joe.
I managed to get a decent assortment of games, though the employees told me that woman had already nabbed all of my major wants.

GC: Dragon's Lair 3D, P.N. 03, Die Hard Vendetta
PS2: Galerians: Ash, Frequency, Disaster Report, Robotech, Dragon Quarter, Black & Bruised, Bloody Roar 4, Rygar
XBox: Grabbed By the Ghoulies, Evil Dead, Dino Crisis 3, Kung Fu Chaos, State of Emergency, Morrowind GOTY

I went back today to see if they had anything new - they had a $4.99 bin set up, but it was picked clean, just a few sports games and lots of copies of Aquaman. They had a single copy of Morrowind that I had them scan last Sunday at $19.99. I asked the guy I talked to Sunday to scan it for me, it came up at $19.99 again. I mentioned the Value Game sticker, so he did a price check and it showed it to be $4.99, so he did a price adjustment for me. He told me since they are a smaller CC they will not be restocking any of the games, they will just be out for good.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.