Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

HUGE $4.99 Game Clearance at Circuit City stores

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-04, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 401 Likes on 301 Posts
Originally posted by Jamezuva
So do you guys think others stores will pricematch CC when the sale goes "official" next week? (This would be based on experience from past sales of this type)

Btw, I want Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (PS2) so much that I'm willing to trade the following, maybe even considering 2 for 1 depending on what's chosen or I can throw in extra cash:

GC: Rogue Leader, Metroid Prime, F-Zero Gx, SSX3, SSX Tricky, LoZ: Ocarina of Time, Wrestleman 8, Crazy Taxi, Mega Man: Network Transmission

PS2: Wild Arms 3, Escape from Monkey Island, Gran Turismo 3, Grand Theft Auto 3, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Twisted Metal: Black, Jak and Daxter, FFX, Maximo, Silent Hill 2, Ace Combat 4, Street Fighter EX3, Virtua Fighter 4, Extreme G III, Parappa the Rapper 2

Email me
Those are wants or haves?
Old 07-06-04, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just purchased Devil May Cry 2 at Circuit City on 7/2 for $19.99. Will CC refund the difference?
Old 07-06-04, 09:29 AM
Suspended

Picked up 6 RES and 3 Disgaea's at my local Circuit Cities. Whew...I'm exhausted but it was worth it.

j/k.
Old 07-06-04, 10:23 AM

Originally posted by pork-chop123
I just purchased Devil May Cry 2 at Circuit City on 7/2 for $19.99. Will CC refund the difference?
I'm pretty sure they'll refund the difference if you just take your receipt up to customer service. Anyways there's still games out there. On my trip home from Cali last night, I picked up these GBA games: Chessmaster, Desert Strike Advance, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, Virtua Tennis, Baseball Advance, Sega Smashpack, and Defender of the Crown. The list on page 1 is updated (sorry I didn't update sooner, I was at Anime Expo 2004 for the 4th of July weekend).
Old 07-06-04, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was able to get a couple of titles.
Guilty Gear X
Megaman
Dragon's Lair Enter the Castle.
the employees were not helpful in anyway. I had asked one if they had a couple of games and without even looking he states nope don't have them. They had a large cardboard box that had a small handful of games left but nothing looked good. I pulled Guilty Gear and Dragon's Lair from the shelf and asked a lady to scan them. She informed me that they were full price since they weren't in the bin but she would scan them and they were 4.99. Then I go to another register to checkout and the first thing the lady said to me was that the games are full price since they are not marked. I kindly informed her that no they are 4.99, I have already had the price checked.
Both employees also told me that lots of the employees stocked up on the titles on Sunday. I do plan on going back on the 11 to check again but I don't expect to find anything more.
Old 07-06-04, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nickdawgy
Those are wants or haves?
They are games I have and are willing to trade
Old 07-06-04, 01:02 PM
Suspended

I have a new Skies of Arcadia for Nintendo GameCube that I would like to trade for a new copy of Resident Evil 2 or Code Veronica for GC.
Old 07-06-04, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am desperate to snag MAX PAYNE and BOKTAI for the GBA but I am lightyears from a CC, if anyone is willing to ship, I would be willing to go as high as $20 + shpping for the 2 to make it worth your while.
email me
[email protected]
Old 07-06-04, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

has the deal officially ended until Sunday or is it still hit and miss?
Old 07-06-04, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hit and miss.

My CC still has all of the games for $4.99, but they are now in a series of bins.
Old 07-06-04, 07:35 PM

Secret Weapons Over Normandy (only 1) and Armored Core 2 (2of them) If anybody gets these and would like to sell please let me know, I only have 1 cc within 120 miles and it blows hard.
Old 07-06-04, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They are games I have and are willing to trade
I'd love to get Wild Arms 3, and Parappa 2 from you. What would you want in trade?
Old 07-06-04, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd love to get Wild Arms 3, and Parappa 2 from you. What would you want in trade?
Would else do you have for trade besides the titles you listed earlier, I'm not incredibly interested in any of the remainder?? So far we have gladius for dark cloud 2 lined up.
Old 07-06-04, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Apocrypha
I am desperate to snag MAX PAYNE and BOKTAI for the GBA but I am lightyears from a CC, if anyone is willing to ship, I would be willing to go as high as $20 + shpping for the 2 to make it worth your while.
email me
[email protected]
YGM re: Boktai
Old 07-06-04, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
For those of you that went into stores that are holding the sale until sunday....call and find out if they began selling them, as stores were told today that they can start selling the games now.
Old 07-06-04, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Would else do you have for trade besides the titles you listed earlier, I'm not incredibly interested in any of the remainder?? So far we have gladius for dark cloud 2 lined up.
Nothing besides those titles, I'd have to pay you for them. How about $20 and Dark Cloud 2 for the 3 games?
Old 07-06-04, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Tony Dvdfan
For those of you that went into stores that are holding the sale until sunday....call and find out if they began selling them, as stores were told today that they can start selling the games now.
I went back to my local CC and they were cleaned out. Guy said they pulled them all off the floor for the sale. They had tossed a few games into the bargain bin, but nothing big. Mostly old sports games, and a few old Harry Potter games.
Old 07-07-04, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now $4.99

(Xbox)
Scooby Doo
Moto GP(1 and 2)
Fairly Odd Parents

Add To The List

Can someone keep the list updated!?
Old 07-07-04, 12:54 PM
Banned

AN update on the sale...

Just got back from my CC...they have a special cardboard bin, professionally made (came form corporate) labelled $4.99 Clearance and all the games they pulled are back out 0in this bin.

I picked up
Fairly Odd Parents
Stretch Panic
Bouncer
Tsugunai
Great Escape
Dragon Warrior VII
Shox
Celeb Death Match
Spyhunter 2
Blood Omen 2
Old 07-07-04, 01:07 PM

Another update to the sale...I decided to check out the Lafayette, IN store on a whim, figuring everything would be gone or nothing would be out until Sunday. While the employee in the video game area did say people blew through a lot of the stash on Monday, they did have a surprising number of decent titles left. I don't have a GC so I didn't pay much attention to those titles, I skimmed the PS2 titles (I do have a PS2 but don't play it too much), and mostly focused on the Xbox stuff.

As FlashStash said, they had a special bin marked for the clearance sale right inside the front doors of the store. They also had a second, smaller bin in the far back, just inside the PC area.

For the Xbox, I picked up:

Splashdown
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds (2 copies)
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
The Cat in the Hat
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Dynasty Warriors 3
Whacked!
Kung Fu Chaos

I also picked up Piglet's Big Game for the PS2 for my son (he's also why I picked up Ghoulies and Cat in the Hat).

I picked up the Buffy games to possibly trade for titles they didn't have; if you haven't tried the Buffy titles, don't knock 'em until you do--they are solid games and a lot of fun.

kar10: They did have Scooby Doo for the Xbox, but it wasn't in the bins and rang up regular price. Everyone: be sure to check the regular games display for potential $4.99 titles. I found Kung Fu Chaos and Whacked! on the shelves with no discounts marked and had the employee check the price. They rang up at $4.99.

Last edited by DavePack; 07-07-04 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-07-04, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
In Naperville, IL CC they also have the cardboard bin out now, guy said they put it out last night. Overall as others said just sports games and really crappy titles. I ronically was able to get:

XBox
Morrowind
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter

However it was a huge hassle, because when I went to check out they rang up full price, had to go to the customer service where they were first not going to honor it giving me this load of BS: "Unfortunately some of the games were put in the bin that should not have been priced at the bargain price." Are you kidding me, if they are dumb enough to take the game out of the plastic secuirty holders and mark it at $4.99 then honor it. They did honor it very "unwillingly" like I was trying to get away with something. This has truly turned into a huge blunder for CC and
many of us who legitimately want these games miss out because of people who have no intention playing these instead hoarding and selling them off. I do not blame these people who bought them, just CC for seriously dropping the ball here.

Update:
Picked up Munch's Odyssey at another Circuit City. Like the other one, all that was mainly left(about 80%) were sports games and the rest were pretty much stuff that never sold anyway.

Last edited by Schloob1; 07-07-04 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-07-04, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nothing besides those titles, I'd have to pay you for them. How about $20 and Dark Cloud 2 for the 3 games?
Sorry nickdawgy, I have some bad news for ya, I didn't realize that Gladius was only being discounted for the Xbox. I revisited two of the CCs and they didn't have it. Sorry to get your hopes up. If you're interested, I will offer you Parappa for Dark Cloud 2. Let me know
Old 07-07-04, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got back from the CC in Dublin CA, they have plenty of games mostly non sports. They are in bins as you walk in the front door.

I got:
Rayman Arena - PS2 (rang up more than 4.99 but was marked and I got it for 4.99)
AquaAqua - PS2
Dark Cloud - PS2
Spyro Enter the Dragonfly - GCN
ZooCube - GCN
4x4 EVO 2 - GCN

Can someone go buy out all these games before I go broke...
Old 07-07-04, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I checked the Minnetonka, MN store, and there was absolutely nothing there. It was also immediatly apparent that their shelves were threadbare, I had been in there about 5 days ago, and half the games were gone (even ones that weren't on the discount list) Seems like they still have theirs pulled
Old 07-07-04, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone know if the stores in New York (Union Square, Rego Park, Westbury) have games left?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.