Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

HUGE $4.99 Game Clearance at Circuit City stores

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-04, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to the Mall of Georgia a little while ago (an hour roundtrip drive from Atlanta). They had only a few games on the list. I went to check out and was rather bluntly told, "Those are full price. The sale was leaked on the Internet." She also said that the sale was supposed to start next Sunday, but they probably won't have shit then. Crap.
Old 07-05-04, 02:24 PM

just came back and got:

Mortal Kombat GBA
Boktai: The Sun GBA
Sim City 2000 GBA
Bomberman Max Red GBA
Jet Grind Radio GBA
Bomberman Max Blue GBA

each 4.99! sweet
Old 07-05-04, 02:33 PM

Went to Compton, Ca got some of the games I had been looking for:

Pikmin GC x2
PN 03
Morrowind GOTY non PH
(I had the lady scan all 3 version of Morrowind and the PH edition and regular both ring at $19.99 only the GOTY without the silver cover is $4.99)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Xbox
Harry Potter & the COS Xbox
Zelda and the Oracle of Seasons GBC
ChuChu Rocket GBA
ZOE Fist of Mars GBA
FZero GBA
Backyard Hockey GBA

I left the PS2 games there, wasn't interested in them but they had several from the list. Was mostly on the lookout for GC and GBA games.

Anyone find a Backyard Baseball or Football let me know. I'm on the look out for those 2 titles. They are also $4.99 but not on the list.

Last edited by alexkat; 07-05-04 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-05-04, 03:25 PM

Originally posted by alexkat
Went to Compton, Ca got some of the games I had been looking for:

I left the PS2 games there, wasn't interested in them but they had several from the list. Was mostly on the lookout for GC and GBA games.
-alexkat,

Can you tell me when you were there and how much of the 4.99 titles are still available? I was thinking about going to La Cienega and Culver City too, but I have my doubts since this deal is two days old. I was at the Hollywood one yesterday at noon and everything was gone except for those 'annual' sports titles.

Thanks in advnace.
Old 07-05-04, 03:29 PM

Originally posted by gongon78
-alexkat,

Can you tell me when you were there and how much of the 4.99 titles are still available? I was thinking about going to La Cienega and Culver City too, but I have my doubts since this deal is two days old. I was at the Hollywood one yesterday at noon and everything was gone except for those 'annual' sports titles.

Thanks in advnace.
I think I had read on Cheapassgamer that the La Cienega one had been cleaned out. I hadn't heard anyone mention the Compton one so I headed there when it opened this morning. There were still plenty of PS2 titles left(no big titles like Disgaea) but lots of the other stuff. Although when I was there at 10 this morning there was a kid there with a list and the intent to sell on ebay so who know how much is left now. I also referred some people from the Long Beach store to go to Compton.

Long Beach store had a couple of Chaos Legions left behind another game. I left them there.
Old 07-05-04, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by cheapskate

Sounds like someone needs to get their priorities straight!
I did the right thing... but my game collection suffered because of it
Old 07-05-04, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by DVDude!
Went to the Mall of Georgia a little while ago (an hour roundtrip drive from Atlanta). They had only a few games on the list. I went to check out and was rather bluntly told, "Those are full price. The sale was leaked on the Internet." She also said that the sale was supposed to start next Sunday, but they probably won't have shit then. Crap.
That really sucks. I didn't have that problem at all yesterday in the same store. The employees didn't seem to care that much and the girl who rang up the games didn't say a word. Things must have changed after 2pm.
Old 07-05-04, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was able to get a few (after going to 4 stores!), but nowhere near what I wanted...

Ones I still want badly:

Skies of Arcadia
Dark Cloud 2
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2) <--- One I want most

I'm willing to pay or trade for any of these

Last edited by Jamezuva; 07-05-04 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-05-04, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Feneant
Some guy on another board showed a picture of what he got and he had like 5-10 copies of some games. They should put a 1 per limit on these titles else why have a sale when a bunch of asses just buy everything out and Ebay them for a profit.
is this the guy you talking about?
http://img29.photobucket.com/albums/...orch/games.jpg

this guy is in san diego.
Old 07-05-04, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 400 Likes on 300 Posts
Holy crap....I live near San Diego...he better not have hit my Circuit City
Old 07-05-04, 06:03 PM

I guess he did, because I didn't find much from 2 CCs... I got:
Metal Gear Solid
Dynasty Warriors 3
Gladius
-- all for Xbox
Old 07-05-04, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by gongon78
-alexkat,

Thanks in advnace.
Just got back from the Culver City CC. They were pretty much cleaned out. I think I found 3 games total (PS2 - Freaky Flyers, Robin Hood and GBA: Stuntman) that were on the list.

I didn't buy any of those, but took GBA's Pinball of the Dead up to the register and it turned out to be 4.99! Score!

Just so you know there were about 4 other people there all with printed out lists (like the one I brought). However, as a few people have mentioned there are games NOT on the list that are involved with this sale.
Old 07-05-04, 07:40 PM

Originally posted by SteveGo
I managed to get a few games and I thought I'd put some on the trading block.

I have for PS2:
Red Faction II
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Strecth Panic
Timesplitters 2

I want:
Rez
Ico
Disgaea
War of the Monsters

You can post here or e-mail me at [email protected], thanks.
I am interested to buy Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, name your price.
Old 07-05-04, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by gorgo99
I guess he did, because I didn't find much from 2 CCs... I got:
Metal Gear Solid
Dynasty Warriors 3
Gladius
-- all for Xbox
Dang, I was looking for Gladius....want to trade? I picked up Dark Cloud 2, Omnimusha 2, Haunted Mansion, ESPN Hockey, Chaos Leigon, Wheel of Fortune, RE Code Veronica, and Rygar. All for PS2 except Haunted Mansion for Xbox.
Old 07-05-04, 08:08 PM

also found:

MLB Slug Fest 2004
Old 07-05-04, 08:11 PM

Originally posted by Leechboy
I am interested to buy Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, name your price.
Just those games that I listed really. Thanks.
Old 07-05-04, 08:41 PM

SteveGo, I'm interested in Timesplitters 2. How much do you want for it?
Old 07-05-04, 08:57 PM

Just got back from the Glendale, CA. CC. I just walked out with Slugfest 2004 and ZooCube. Most of the stuff is gone since I was there yesterday morning. If anyone is looking for Slugfest 2004, there are about 6 cpoies left, and it's the Xbox version. There are a few Zoo Cubes for both GC and GBA. I tried TENCHU Xbox and SILENT HILL 3 PS2 and it was a NO GO (29.99). There was Minority Report and Metropolismaina PS2, so if anyone is interested in picking these mediocre titles for some trade in deal at EB or something later on, it's available.
Old 07-05-04, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nickdawgy
Dang, I was looking for Gladius....want to trade? I picked up Dark Cloud 2, Omnimusha 2, Haunted Mansion, ESPN Hockey, Chaos Leigon, Wheel of Fortune, RE Code Veronica, and Rygar. All for PS2 except Haunted Mansion for Xbox.
One of the CCs by me have a few copies Gladius, will you accept it for any console? I would want Dark Cloud 2 in exchange.
Old 07-05-04, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by atlantamoi
That really sucks. I didn't have that problem at all yesterday in the same store. The employees didn't seem to care that much and the girl who rang up the games didn't say a word. Things must have changed after 2pm.
I went today, Monday. Almost all of the XBox games on the list were cleaned out, but I found a few (Celebrity Deathmatch, Spyhunter and one other) that I would've bought for that price. However, all the employees were apparently aware of the recall because I even asked a couple of others on the way out. No dice.

I really was looking for Fatal Frame, Voodoo Vince and Grabbed by the Ghoulies. I'm hoping that I can find 'em next Sunday when the "official" sale starts. However, with my luck, they'll all be long gone. (Unless some kind soul wants to sell me their copy at cost plus shipping?)
Old 07-05-04, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So do you guys think others stores will pricematch CC when the sale goes "official" next week? (This would be based on experience from past sales of this type)

Btw, I want Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (PS2) so much that I'm willing to trade the following, maybe even considering 2 for 1 depending on what's chosen or I can throw in extra cash:

GC: Rogue Leader, Metroid Prime, F-Zero Gx, SSX3, SSX Tricky, LoZ: Ocarina of Time, Wrestleman 8, Crazy Taxi, Mega Man: Network Transmission

PS2: Wild Arms 3, Escape from Monkey Island, Gran Turismo 3, Grand Theft Auto 3, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Twisted Metal: Black, Jak and Daxter, FFX, Maximo, Silent Hill 2, Ace Combat 4, Street Fighter EX3, Virtua Fighter 4, Extreme G III, Parappa the Rapper 2

Email me
Old 07-05-04, 11:30 PM

I'm willing to pay $20 plus shipping to anyone that can get me a sealed copy of Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for PS2. email me at [email protected]
Old 07-05-04, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most places that price match asks that the actual game and price be pictured in the ad, but ymmv. They'll most likely verify if the title is in stock since it's so cheap.
Old 07-06-04, 12:20 AM

Went to 2 chicagoland CC's Lombard and Downer's. The employee's yanked all titles from shelves. The CC csr told me that they would not be available til the 11th of July for some sale bin they are getting in. Oh well, that means all the desireable titles have been grabbed by employees. It's funny when I went in I saw 3 other guys all with lists in their hands looking for titles.
Figures.
Old 07-06-04, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Jamezuva
One of the CCs by me have a few copies Gladius, will you accept it for any console? I would want Dark Cloud 2 in exchange.
If you can find Gladius for any console, Dark Cloud 2 is yours. Xbox, then PS2, then Gamecube in that order.

I saw the PS2 Gladius, but it was still $30

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.