Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Researching business

Old 05-04-04, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Researching business

I am looking for business information/statistics on the many used video game stores that have proliferated in the last year or two. If anybody can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I have numbers for the home entertainment business, but am having a hard time finding game numbers/info.

I am attempting to start my own business and need to compile data for my business plan. The basic operating principles will be pretty well the same as these game stores. I would appreciate it if anybody out there who works for one of these companies and understands their accounting methods would drop me an e-mail. Thanks in advance for the help!

Old 05-04-04, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

www.videobusiness.com
Old 05-04-04, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Trigger
www.videobusiness.com
Thanks Trigger, but that has been of no use in this particular search. All I can find there is reviews of games and very general information. Looking for something more detailed and in depth. Do any of the gamer magazines cover this stuff?
Old 05-04-04, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You could try getting on freebizmag.com and looking for some video game trade publications.
Old 05-05-04, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Abob Teff
Thanks Trigger, but that has been of no use in this particular search. All I can find there is reviews of games and very general information. Looking for something more detailed and in depth. Do any of the gamer magazines cover this stuff?
you can get video business magazine for free and they have other publications relating to what you're asking - the whole thing is marketing to retailers and contains tons of sales data and whatnot.