Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

What are your gaming plans for the summer?

Old 04-29-04, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What are your gaming plans for the summer?

I'm working reduced hours on a pro bono project until August, and my girlfriend is away all summer, so I'm looking forward to finally tackling some of the 100 (!!!) or so unplayed games that I've amassed over the past couple of years.

This week alone, I finished The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX and Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge, and am most of the way through Metroid: Fusion (at least I think I'm most of the way through--I just beat the spider boss and got the space jump ability).

Looking at my stack of games, I don't even know where to begin... So I think I'm just going to tackle them alphabetically. The schedule therefore looks something like this:

[Advance Wars]
[Animal Crossing]
Ape Escape 2
Beyond Good & Evil
Boktai: The Sun Is in Your Hand
[Bombastic]
[Dark Cloud 2]
Darkened Skye
Deus Ex: The Conspiracy
Eternal Darkness
Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix
Freedom Fighters
Futurama

The games in brackets I intend to play concurrently with others, since they're either not games you play to finish (Animal Crossing, Bombastic) or really long (Advance Wars, Dark Cloud 2). Anyway, at about one game every other week, that should get me through F by early September. I doubt it'll happen, but we'll see...

So what are everyone else's gaming plans for the summer?
Old 04-29-04, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've put 31 hours into KOTOR since Sunday - it is a great game, sparked my interest in gaming again.
I plan to go through my huge backlog of unplayed games as well, when time permits. I'm taking full-time classes this summer so I can graduate in December, working a bit, and working on another film.
The games I hope to get to(no particular order):
Shenmue I/II
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Hitman 2
Hitman Contracts
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Clock Tower 3
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Ratchet & Clank
Rygar
Silent Hill 3
Sly Cooper
Splinter Cell
Viewtiful Joe
Metroid Prime

I have played through some of each game, but nowhere near completion on any.
Old 04-29-04, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This summer I'm going to try playing games as little as possible. I try to reserve my gaming binges for winter days when the weather is crappy. But who knows, I'll probably spend all summer vegging in the basement with my Xbox.
Old 04-30-04, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've got some stuff that I've been meaning to finish, but always seem to put off (Icewind Dale 2, Baldur's Gate 2, Morrowind). There doesn't appear to be a whole lot coming out on the PC that I really want, so maybe I'll finally be able to do that.

I haven't purchased Knights of the Old Republic yet, and that's one game I do want to play. I think I'm going to wait awhile though.

I'm planning on buying Beyond Divinity either tomorrow or this weekend, and I'm going to run through that.

Other than that, I'm mostly going to wait for the next-gen FPS games to come out (Doom 3, Halflife 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.), and then upgrade my PC.
Old 04-30-04, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll probably start playing SOCOM II online again. And I'll probably beat Lunar: SSSC yet again. I love that game.
Old 04-30-04, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

PC : Everquest until I get in World of Warcraft beta or another beta.

Consol : Front Mission 4 on the ps2 and Fable on the Xbox are my main plans once released
Old 04-30-04, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sadly my summer will be no different than the other times of the year. But I have started to play a bit more than usual. I'm going through Majora's Mask right now (fantastic game!). Beyond Good and Evil is probably next.
Old 04-30-04, 08:51 AM

Nothing off hand... I was tempted to pick up Baldur's Gate II for the PC last night though. Likewise if the Half-Life Platinum pack comes down to the $20-$25 I'll likely pick that up as well.
Old 04-30-04, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by KingSmoth
I've put 31 hours into KOTOR since Sunday - it is a great game, sparked my interest in gaming again.
I plan to go through my huge backlog of unplayed games as well, when time permits. I'm taking full-time classes this summer so I can graduate in December, working a bit, and working on another film.
The games I hope to get to(no particular order):
Shenmue I/II
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Hitman 2
Hitman Contracts
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Clock Tower 3
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Ratchet & Clank
Rygar
Silent Hill 3
Sly Cooper
Splinter Cell
Viewtiful Joe
Metroid Prime

I have played through some of each game, but nowhere near completion on any.
Yo KingSmoth...glad to see your VGC collection has kept growing. I don't think I've finished one game since we did our little competition!

Good to see you around again.

Jeremy
Old 04-30-04, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by jrutz
Yo KingSmoth...glad to see your VGC collection has kept growing. I don't think I've finished one game since we did our little competition!

Good to see you around again.

Jeremy
[offtopic]
Hey Jeremy, haven't talked to you in a looooong time.
Work and school take up a huge amount of my time these days, especially now that I'm working on my first film, so I haven't had much time for forums since last Fall(my grades have greatly improved, oddly enough.....). It's a lot of fun though, and putting all the time into my classes this summer will let me graduate a semester early, so then I can have extra time to focus on gaming and making more movies(the "real world" can wait a few months, I hope).
Talk to you later

[/offtopic]

[ontopic]
Played more KOTOR last night, I am bringing teh 0wnage to every planet I visit.
Played the first level of Hitman 3 today, and so far I like the game. Pretty creepy, and I really love the music. It has been a long time since I've played Hitman 2, so it felt great to bust out the Ballers again...
Old 05-01-04, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Once my college finals are over, i'm gonna prepare for 4 solid months of gaming. Among my picks are KOTOR, Viewitful Joe, Wind Waker, Shenmue 2, MGS: Twin Snakes and probably SW Galaxies.
Old 05-01-04, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Luckily, some of the many games Ive yet to play... my wife tackles
(Im currently playing the original Splinter Cell, she POP: Sands of Time)

I DO hope to get around to some more gaming over the summer, but Ill probably spant much of this summer as I did the last, lounging around on my pool...

all the while continuing to pile up the games ( I have arouns 350 on about 12 systems)... there just have been soo many good deals lately... just picked up the free TRU "NBAJAM" offer the other morning
Old 05-01-04, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Maybe I'll finally beat the first RE on the Gamecube, and then I can beat KOTOR for the X-box (unfortunately, I think I may have painted myself into a corner with that one and I may have to start over), and then I'll start up with the Splinter Cell games.

Or maybe I'll play each of those games for 2-3 hours and then fall back into my standard of playing sports games for hours on end, sigh...
Old 05-01-04, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only game I'm aware of coming out this summer that I'm looking forward to is Zelda 4 Swords for Gamecube. My friends and I will kill a lot of time with that game.
Old 05-02-04, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a bunch of game's I havnt touched and waiting for the long summer days/nights to play/beat them.

FFX-2
Zelda:WW
Skies of Arcadia:Legends
MegaMan Collection(released in June)
Old 05-02-04, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've got a ton of unplayed games to try and others to finish. Just picked up used copies of Bond Everything or Nothing and Max Payne 2 this week.
As far as new games, I'm thinking about the new Spiderman 2 game as that really is looking good. Rallisport 2 is also a possibility.
Old 05-02-04, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So far:

MVP Baseball 2004
Metal Slug 3 (if it's cheap)
Old 05-02-04, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've got a ton of Brand NEW games never been touch but still keep collecting with CHEAPASS Price.
Old 05-03-04, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Much of my summer will be spent travelling. Since I am going to Europe for five weeks I have been considering picking up a gameboy sp for the travelling (airplane/train).

I have too many games at home that I need to play. Just finished Pikmin, great game. I will probably pick up even more cheap games that and not finish many that I already have. Some that I need to start or play some more:

Skies of Arcadia
Metal Arms
I-Ninja
The Hobbit
Hitman 2
Old 05-03-04, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Buy a new PC, then play the hell out of Half-Life 2 and/or Doom III.
Old 05-03-04, 10:39 AM
Suspended

well summer is still tough, granted TV is all repeats but then we have nice outdoor weather to deal with and Baseball. (If your a Baseball fan) still I usually get more playtime. I've hardly touched 007-Everything or nothing, Pandora tommorrow, and Ninja Gaiden , so I hope to get more play time on those
Old 05-03-04, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Finally picked up UT2K4 after hours and hours on the demo, so I'll play a lot of that. And Tribes2. And UT99. Also got some stuff on the bargain rack, Aquanox and Martian Gothic. Will run through them at some point.
Old 05-03-04, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Dan Average
Buy a new PC, then play the hell out of Half-Life 2 and/or Doom III.
I'd play those games this summer too, but I doubt they'll be out by then
Old 05-03-04, 03:00 PM

I've had to put a lot of my video game playing on hold because of school, and I plan to catch up on that this summer. Right after I finish my last exam, I'm going to reward myself by buying Warioware for GBA. I've been wanting to play it really bad, but I vowed not to get it until this semester was over because I know I would neglect my studies to play it.

For the summer, I'll be finishing up Paper Mario, playing racing games with my dad, replaying Ocarina of Time, playing through or finishing some of the Zelda games I haven't beaten, and whatever else I decide to get into.
Old 05-03-04, 03:06 PM
Retired

I generally play less games in summer (even though I usually have more free time) as I'd rather take advantage of the weather.

There's nothing new coming out on the Radar, so I'll probably just catch up on some games I've been meaning to play for a while like Prince of Persia, Crimson Skies, FFX-2, Sly Cooper, KOTOR dark side quest, etc.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.