Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Need suggestion on some Xbox games

Old 04-10-04, 11:38 PM
ngp
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Need suggestion on some Xbox games

My 7 year old nephew just got an Xbox for a gift and I need some advice in helping him get some games. He loves Baseball and would love to get a game but there are so many out there! Any suggestions on what would be a good baseball game to get? He's pretty good at picking up things so even if the game is for a bit older kids, no problem. I saw that Gamestop had quite a few baseball games for $20 and under. Any suggestions?
There's AllStar Baseball, ESPN Major League, World Series, MVP, and High Heat...

Also, the same holds true for racing games....there are so many out there...any suggestions on ones that may be fun? I was thinking of the Simpsons Hit and Run and things like that but also a more realistic type of game. I was looking at games like Sega GT, Project Gotham 2, Ford Racing, etc.

thanks in advance!

Last edited by ngp; 04-10-04 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-10-04, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

He will probably enjoy Simpsons Hit and Run even though the gameplay is very repetitive. My younger siblings (10 and 4) loved it.

Can't help you with the baseball game suggestion.

He might enjoy Metal Arms although it might be a little difficult for him.
Old 04-11-04, 12:27 AM

For racing, I enjoy Burnout 2 and MX Unleashed. Burnout 2 can be had for less than $20. MX Unleashed is a really fun motocross game.
Old 04-11-04, 11:09 AM
ngp
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by NeonGlow
For racing, I enjoy Burnout 2 and MX Unleashed. Burnout 2 can be had for less than $20. MX Unleashed is a really fun motocross game.
Cool, I'll check those out...
anyone on the baseball games?
Old 04-11-04, 03:19 PM

Don't know on the baseball games but my 4 year old nephew loves the TMNTurtles game. It's a fairly simple game at least in the beginning and their is co-op play so the two of you can play together. I play with my nephew and help him out if he gets in to trouble. Good game for the young ones.