Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

no headset = kicked out in XBOX LIVE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-04, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no headset = kicked out in XBOX LIVE?

WTF?
I was testing out XL with the 2 month free subscription
and all the people are like oh look he don't have a headset, he must be stupid or something let's kick him
granted I was playing Rainbow Six but from what I hear
people hardly ever use the communication tool as a way for strategizing, most of them just use it to make scream like a moron or talk trash
Old 03-20-04, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts
It's basically up to the person that hosts the game. Alot of people that play R63 are morons, so don't let it discourage you. Just join a different game, and chances are you won't get kicked out. Still, it helps to have a headset.
Old 03-20-04, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I stopped wearing my headset because of all the lil shitheads bitching during the game. Haven't really had any problem's getting booted because of not wearing it, but i usually only play Crimson Skies.
Old 03-20-04, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
wearing a headset is pretty important in certain games... especially ones like R6 where communication is key. I've been kicked before for not talking into my headset (I was wearing it, but I had the flu and couldn't talk) on Ghost Recon, but I could understand cuz it's more fun playing with people you can talk to... and in games that are co-op, it helps make them feel like they can trust you.
Old 03-20-04, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

People will kick you off of games on XBox live for every reason under the sun, and often no reason at all. If I get kicked without explanation I send "harassment" feddback back to the player who kicked me. It probably doesn't do anything but it makes me feel better.
Old 03-20-04, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,131 Posts
There are days when I HATE LIVE

Assmunches think they're god and ban you or kick you out of games for every silly reason and IT SUCKS. The other day I was trying to play CASTLE WOLFENTSTEIN online and everyone was kicking me out.

I mean how can you have fun if everyone is all "clanned up" and kicking you off on a whim?

Now that I think about it I should probably start hosting more games. Because I'm a "Kinder gentler" Live player

Last edited by Giantrobo; 03-20-04 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-20-04, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've only seen people get booted in Crimson Skies for not having the downloads needed to play. It is frustrating when someone doesn't have a head set and doesn't have the downloads, as you can't tell them what's wrong easily. On the other hand I've never even hosted a game, so I don't even know how to boot somebody... I just jump into a game somebody else is hosting.
Old 03-20-04, 10:20 AM

I host games a lot, and I tend to boot people playing games like Ghost Recon or Rainbow 6 who can't communicate due to lack of a headset. It makes little sense to play games that involve strategy when you have a dingbat running around and doing their own thing, often blowing your cover.
If that person plays well (intelligently), I do keep them in the game regardless of lack of headset.
Old 03-20-04, 11:01 AM
Mod Emeritus

At least in most XBL games it has a speech indicator showing you who is talking. I remember in the original SOCOM people would pretend to be other people and get them "voted out" of the room by being a-holes.
Old 03-20-04, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i don't necessarily kick people out, but for games like steel battalion, you NEED to be able to talk.

i didn't kick someone out yesterday, but wish i had b/c we couldn't coordinate our tactics.

--
but, having said that, don't necessarily take offense. just try to find another room. part of live though, is to be able to chat. really adds to the overall experience.
Old 03-20-04, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Its really sad when they do it in Tetris. I have been kicked out of rooms because of no headset. I was actually plugging it in when I heard them talking saying that I couldnt talk so they booted me. Some people are just so lame.

I have been kicked too because I dont respond to them if I do have my headset plugged in but I am either on mute or just was distracted and didnt listen to them. Wankers.
Old 03-20-04, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Originally posted by young
i don't necessarily kick people out, but for games like steel battalion, you NEED to be able to talk.

i didn't kick someone out yesterday, but wish i had b/c we couldn't coordinate our tactics.

--
but, having said that, don't necessarily take offense. just try to find another room. part of live though, is to be able to chat. really adds to the overall experience.

does steel battalion need that wild joystick set or can you play with conventional controllers? I almost bought this game because it looked interesting and the online play seemed cool.
Old 03-20-04, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I never use a headset b/c I want to use and love the feel of my logitech wireless. If someone wants to boot me b/c of no headset, fine, I really don't want to listen to their bitchin' and whinin' anyway. I have friends, I don't need to chat to make someone else feel good. Most times that I have had it on, the other players were morons anyway.
Old 03-20-04, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Giantrobo
Assmunches think they're god and ban you or kick you out of games for every silly reason and IT SUCKS. The other day I was trying to play CASTLE WOLFENTSTEIN online and everyone was kicking me out.

I mean how can you have fun if everyone is all "clanned up" and kicking you off on a whim?

Now that I think about it I should probably start hosting more games. Because I'm a "Kinder gentler" Live player
I bought Wolfenstein a couple of weeks ago. I haven't played it much at all because every time I join a game, I get kicked out. I assume it's because I'm not in a clan. After several attempts to play and constantly getting booted, I just turn it off and play something else.
Old 03-20-04, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had problems with Wolfenstein too. I could hardly play anything w/o being kicked. A few times I did get to play but its some little kids shooting their own team mates. I just ended up selling the game on ebay after 2 week since it was no fun to play online. Now I just stick to Unreal Champ and UT2k4 on PC.