Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Played Ninja Gaiden last night...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-04, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Wompratz
Man, as much as I REALLY want to like this game I am having the worst time with it. I've had it for 4 days and STILL cannot beat that first boss with the nunchucks and I blame that DAMN camera.
The problem is as someone else said, at the end of the day of working at a job you want to come home and relax and play a FUN game. Well, this is NOT that type of game. Its a controller smashing one! I don't consider myself a skill-less fool with games (Although now that I am 30 I don't seem to have the patience or skills I did when I was 10 back in the Commodore 64 days) but this just bites. Am I the only one finding this game to be difficult beyond belief? The way you are surrounded and the enemies take pot shots at you while Ryu "completes" his attack animation....but the worst is the camera...I'm sorry but I think this RUINS the game and it amazes me that no one has yet to create a camera for these types of games that works flawlessly. The ultimate problem for me stems from the fact that I can never see what the hell is going on at all times on the screen. I can hear an enemy enter a room but by the time I adjust the friggin camera to a proper angle, my ninja butt has been handed to me. UGH!! Just for kicks I went back and played the original NES Ninja Gaiden which wasn't exactly a cakewalk at the time and managed to make it to Act 3 and dying once. That made me feel a LITTLE better. :P

Thank you for allowing me to vent...
Sounds to me like even if you could see that wouldn't help you, get down the basics of blocking first, personally the camera didn't give me any trouble until I think chapter 8 or 9 when it seemed to be all over the place during a boss fight . but quickly went back to normal.
Old 03-13-04, 02:55 PM
Suspended

The game is not that hard...it simply requires a little skill and some strategy. Man, the latest generation of consoles has raised a bunch of softies
Old 03-13-04, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i'm in the aqueduct. the game is quite simple, except for the boss battles, and that has a lot to due with YOU having to rotate the camera.

if some of the people in here are having trouble after gaining so much essence in the aqueduct, have fun with the original ninja gaidens.
Old 03-13-04, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
you don't need to block to get thgrough the first ten levels of this game. you just need to know how to jump. actually i find the block quite useless so far. just beat the aqueduct.
Old 03-13-04, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

in the monk place, what is the combination to open the safe?
the clue i got was 27th day of the 12th month, left, right, right and right?

in tauron, what secret weapons are they talking about? it's in a dark allies, but i can't find the dark allies to get the weapon. any help would be appreciate. thanks
Old 03-13-04, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by the_dude8

in tauron, what secret weapons are they talking about? it's in a dark allies, but i can't find the dark allies to get the weapon. any help would be appreciate. thanks
Spoiler:
Right where you recieve that note is the dark alley she is talking about. You must wall-run on the first wall, then jump across to the second wall, then jump again to the next one, and finally jump across to where you will see a new kind of shuriken (forgot the name, it acts like a boomerang). There is also a spot to heal and restore all Ki (its reusable too!). It might take you a few tries to make it up there.
Old 03-13-04, 06:00 PM

Experiment with the numbers you were given from that clue. Turn left first until you reach 2.
Old 03-13-04, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ugh. I have a new pet peeve by the name of
Spoiler:
ghost piranhas
Old 03-14-04, 12:13 AM
Cool New Member

vigorian flails fully upgraded, and ikazuna upgraded. wall run past them in the chapter you first encounter them, flying swallow even further past. if you don't make it past an area with them, then just start a combo with the flails. lightning ninpo if you really have to. they'll give up plenty of ki essence, especially if you have a certain armlet on.
in the second place you encounter them, you can do a flail combo, then when you can't do any more hits with the combo immediately use the lightning ninpo. you'll get at least one ki essence back and receive no damage.
Old 03-14-04, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks Another40oz! And welcome to the forum!
Old 03-14-04, 07:09 AM

Originally posted by trigun
The game is not that hard...it simply requires a little skill and some strategy. Man, the latest generation of consoles has raised a bunch of softies
Hey I am all for skill and strategy, I'm a huge Shmup'er after all...but when the mechanics of a game (I.E. this camera) decide its difficulty factor, I think theres something wrong.

Anyway, I'm not much for cakewalks but I have the same probs with targeting in that new Bond game as well...its a similar dilemma.

BTW, I've been playing video games since the day my parents brought home that Pong system from Radio Shack and regardless of how I may feel about Ninja Gaiden, its much easier than Ghosts N Goblins.
Old 03-14-04, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by flashburn
Spoiler:
Right where you recieve that note is the dark alley she is talking about. You must wall-run on the first wall, then jump across to the second wall, then jump again to the next one, and finally jump across to where you will see a new kind of shuriken (forgot the name, it acts like a boomerang). There is also a spot to heal and restore all Ki (its reusable too!). It might take you a few tries to make it up there.
thanks for the advice. is the dark alley near the door with the funky crystal, red, blue, etc? or it's near han's bar?

i got to the cememtary after place the eon book in the altar, i explore everywhere in the cemetary, but dont know where to go; how do i make the chain that is connected to the ground move or something like that; in the cemetary, all the rocks look camoflag to me. any tips on getting through chapter six would be appreciate.
Old 03-14-04, 03:06 PM
Cool New Member

when you enter a room, hit L trigger and R trigger. about faces you in a block. never had a problem. sure that part could have been changed, but the camera angles are kind of a nature of the beast. Some if it is just subjective, what user's preference would be, so I don't know if any system would be flawless. I definitely think that when you're moving in one direction, and the angle changes, you should be still going in the same direction if the analog stick is still held a la Devil May Cry. For instance, if you're holding it back to run towards yourself, then the camera swings behind ryu. This is important amid fights, and as soon as you let go of the stick it'd correct itself. Still, though, I've beaten the game on normal and hard, and the camera really wasn't a factor in the difficulty of fights. When you play a second time you can breeze through the chapters, and it's clear that once you're past the learning curve for handling the weapons (blocking, counters, all the combos), everything's a LOT simpler. The only time it ever affected me was in any obstacle-course type areas that require precision jumping and walk walking, or you die. The problem was more that ryu only turns his body in like 30 degree angles unless you're caressing the analog stick. the solution was to use first person to face ryu perfectly then switch back to 3rd person.
Old 03-14-04, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

thanks for the advice. is the dark alley near the door with the funky crystal, red, blue, etc? or it's near han's bar?
It is the exact same spot where you first recieved the note about the dark alley.
Old 03-15-04, 04:54 AM

Originally posted by Abranut
Ugh. I have a new pet peeve by the name of
Spoiler:
ghost piranhas
Upgrade the Lightening Ninpo to 3rd level, they weren't annoying anymore. I just let them gather around me and then I'd unleash hell on them. Usually (70%) of the time when they died, at least one of them left essence to replenish the meter. I never bothered to attack them with weapons, just that ninpo. Unless it was just one left anyway.
Old 03-15-04, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And so ends my self-imposed (AKA too many classes this semester) break from video games...

Ninja Gaiden is damn fun thus far. Hopefully, it holds my attention for more than a couple of hours where the other 3D action games of this nature (Castlevania, DMC, Rygar) haven't.
Old 03-15-04, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

How do you upgrade your Ninpo? I am at like Chapter 6 or 7 and I still have Level 1's.
Old 03-15-04, 03:12 PM

You'll need a Jewel of the Demon Seal or the "purple ball".

You should be getting one soon, sometime within the next level or 2.
Old 03-15-04, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by amped
You'll need a Jewel of the Demon Seal or the "purple ball".

You should be getting one soon, sometime within the next level or 2.
Cool, thanks.
Old 03-15-04, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

ok this game is driving me crazy i got the NG 1 and 2 discs and went all the way the hell back to grab number 3 and i can't pick it up. The disc is there, i can walk straight through it, but I can't pick it up. I haven't actually loaded NG2 into the arcade machine and if that's the reason I just might have to break my disc, I don't wanna go all the way back just to put it in, then all the way back to chapter 10 or watever, then all the way back to chapter 13, where i currently am to continue on in the game.
Old 03-15-04, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That fat peice of shit at the end of chapter 3 is starting to piss me off. I can get his health down to the point where i only need to hit him 2 more times to kill him and then he stomps my ass. It's getting really annoying having to do all that crap that leads to him over and over again as well..

It's still a kick-ass game though.
Old 03-15-04, 11:42 PM
Cool New Member

congratulations. you've reached the point where button mashing will not defeat the bosses. just keep your distance, then hit him with your jump Y move and keep moving. if he's charging up to shart shooting, jump + Y. it'll stop him from charging as well. If he has begun shooting, just run, jump or roll in a circle around him.
Old 03-16-04, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Another40oz
congratulations. you've reached the point where button mashing will not defeat the bosses.
No shit?
Old 03-16-04, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i spent 5 hrs trying to beat the skeleton dino in chapter 6, and i still havent beat him yet. in the eons cemtary, is there a shop in there somewhere to buy life potion? i m try to beat him w/o any of the life exilir because i can't find a place to buy the darn life elixir.
what are some tips of beating the dino and havent no life elixir at all?

it's better to use the level 2 swords or the level 1 nianaku with blades at both end? i try use the fire nipo and it help, but it doesnt have that much.
Old 03-16-04, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i spent 5 hrs trying to beat the skeleton dino in chapter 6, and i still havent beat him yet. in the eons cemtary, is there a shop in there somewhere to buy life potion? i m try to beat him w/o any of the life exilir because i can't find a place to buy the darn life elixir.
what are some tips of beating the dino and havent no life elixir at all?

it's better to use the level 2 swords or the level 1 nianaku with blades at both end? i try use the fire nipo and it help, but it doesnt have that much.

I was playing this on Sunday, and I got up to the point with the skeleton boss. Since I had saved right before that and I was about to finish for the night, I figured, what the hell, I am just gonna mess around with the boss. I found him INCREDIBLY easy, I was in shock. I thought for sure after beating him, he would come right back.

What I basically did was use the whirlwind shuriken (the boomerang), and just constantly throw it at him from a decent range back. Then just jump over his tail whenever he swings it. I did mess around a little and use my sword, but I found in the end, it wasn't worth it. Hope that helps...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.