Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Played Ninja Gaiden last night...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-04, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by flashburn
I was playing this on Sunday, and I got up to the point with the skeleton boss. Since I had saved right before that and I was about to finish for the night, I figured, what the hell, I am just gonna mess around with the boss. I found him INCREDIBLY easy, I was in shock. I thought for sure after beating him, he would come right back.

What I basically did was use the whirlwind shuriken (the boomerang), and just constantly throw it at him from a decent range back. Then just jump over his tail whenever he swings it. I did mess around a little and use my sword, but I found in the end, it wasn't worth it. Hope that helps...
the problem i got was i did not have the whirlwind shuriken {the boomerang}; and i can't go back to tuiron to get back and get the boomerang. my save point is right where you climb up from the save point and encounterd the flying bats.

is there a way to go back to tuiron w/0 beating the dino?
Old 03-16-04, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by the_dude8
the problem i got was i did not have the whirlwind shuriken {the boomerang}; and i can't go back to tuiron to get back and get the boomerang. my save point is right where you climb up from the save point and encounterd the flying bats.

Not that I know of. Do the regular shurikens do any decent amuont of damage?

Try doing the jump+y attack, that should work pretty good against him. Just time it right, and take your time.
Old 03-16-04, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think your only option is "is there a way to beat the dino w/o going back to Tairon?"

The answer is "yes". I had a little trouble with this guy, but once you figure out his pattern, he's not too difficult. He's got only a couple of attacks (from what I recall) He's got:
  • projectile bone missles (not very damaging, but can mess up your combos)
  • a dino-bite, which is very damaging
  • a leg swipe (and tail), which is damaging, but easy to dodge.

You need to chop out his legs, while recognizing his attacks before they get you (especially for his bite). Forget about the Vigoorian Flails, use your dragon sword and chop his legs to bits. Roll and block to avoid damage from his missles. If he's coming in for a bite, do your best to get the hell out of there. Jump the swipes accordingly. The key is to keep moving. Get off a quick combo on one of his legs and step back, watching his movements.

Good Luck!
Old 03-16-04, 12:48 PM

Running Jump + Y from left to right and then back right to left constantly makes this guy one of the easiest bosses. When he is going for the chomp, if you roll forward, youll roll underneath his head. If youre constantly doing the run jump + y youll dodge 90% of the projectiles automatically. The leg swipe I believe you can block. Just be careful with the tail, hes gonna swing it at least twice as soon as he turns around.
Old 03-16-04, 01:07 PM

Is this game still playable when you beat
Spoiler:
Murai for the second time?
I haven't gotten all of the scarabs and I want to fully upgrade my wooden sword (two more to go). Right now I'm
Spoiler:
escaping from the lava after defeating the emperor.
Once I'm done, am I done for good? Can I go back and find the scarabs I've missed?
Old 03-16-04, 03:31 PM

u can load up your save and you will start off with all your items and weapons u beat the game with plus the scarabs...so u can go back and get the ones you missed.

a couple of the posts in this thread tell you how to get all 3 original NG games..hope this helps.

Last edited by Young Vito; 03-16-04 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-16-04, 07:57 PM

Originally posted by Young Vito
u can load up your save and you will start off with all your items and weapons u beat the game with plus the scarabs...so u can go back and get the ones you missed.

a couple of the posts in this thread tell you how to get all 3 original NG games..hope this helps.
Successive play only carries over the scarabs. Weapons,items can't be carried over.
Old 03-16-04, 08:01 PM

Originally posted by Galanthas
Successive play only carries over the scarabs. Weapons,items can't be carried over.
Fizz-nuck!
Old 03-17-04, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Today I had to go to out of town to this boring meeting today. The one guy who is always at these meetings is the only person I talk to at these things and he told me I had to buy this game.

So as soon as I got back into town and got my 50.00 in gas money reimbursed I went to Wal-Mart and bought it. Gonna sit down and see if it is as good as I've heard.
Old 03-17-04, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I made it to Chapter 4 and I think I have to put it down. It isn't a button masher but you sure have to move fast for these combos. It's been a long long time since I've played a game with boss battles this intense.

I don't think it will ever be my favorite game but it's fun and a real challenge.
Old 03-18-04, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
my friend just sent me a copy of this... I'll try to check it out tomorrow.
Old 03-18-04, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm stuck on that Chapter 7 boss. Looks like I gotta go back to a previous save point and get more healing potions.
Old 03-18-04, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've been running back and forth on the 4th level just to earn enough money to load up on potions and amulets. I get to the rooftop with the 3 ninjas and their incendiary shurikens and I get my butt kicked ever time. I keep running back to the save point to ensure I don't blow this one. Once I get some potions and all the other stuff I need I think I'll be ok.

The game is tough but I can't stop playing.
Old 03-18-04, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by the aftermath
I'm stuck on that Chapter 7 boss. Looks like I gotta go back to a previous save point and get more healing potions.
Is that Alma? If so, Running Jump + Y is your friend.
Old 03-18-04, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by flashburn
Is that Alma? If so, Running Jump + Y is your friend.
Yeh, the winged fairy banshee spawn of satan lady.

I've been doing that jumping super spirit speed attack thingy on her, but sometimes she gets a hold of me in her "beam me up scotty" ray of doom and proceeds to pummel me.
Old 03-18-04, 06:19 PM

Originally posted by the aftermath
Yeh, the winged fairy banshee spawn of satan lady.

I've been doing that jumping super spirit speed attack thingy on her, but sometimes she gets a hold of me in her "beam me up scotty" ray of doom and proceeds to pummel me.
Try to recognize the sound that accompanies that attack, it's her only one that will really do damage to you. If you can get close, try hitting her with your ice ninpo if you need a little boost. She'll mostly dodge your fireballs if you try those, but they work sometimes.
Old 03-19-04, 08:08 AM

I began this game about a week ago and got to chapter 5 and got stuck. So, I desided to start over now that I know what the hell is going on and what a difference. I got through level 3 in half the time it took me before and I'm twice as powerfull. I have both of my tallisman of rebirth left and am getting a lot more essence now that I know more moves. I use the block and roll move constantly. Great game.
Old 03-21-04, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I decided to go back to an earlier save point and get some more healing Exilirs. Then when I got to Alma I was just super aggressive and used the ice ninpo. Finally.
Old 03-21-04, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well - I've played this a bit and I don't like it. :/ It's hard. That's not why I don't like it, cuz I like games that are challenging... it's just that it's challenging, but there's nothing that makes me wanna step up to the challenge. Also - being forced to sit through the cutscenes is annoying and makes me wanna quit rather than try again and have to sit through the cutscene again. And what's worse, is in the middle of a fight I open a stupid door and then have to go back into the room to clear it again. Annoying. When I kill a bunch of ninjas, I want them to stay dead even if I leave the room.
Old 03-21-04, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
the cutscenes are like 1 minute long, give me a break. after you see it once, it can be skipped via the start button.
Old 03-21-04, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe my copy of the game is different then, cuz I couldn't skip it with any button - including the start button.
Old 03-21-04, 11:56 AM

Originally posted by Trigger
Maybe my copy of the game is different then, cuz I couldn't skip it with any button - including the start button.
Start - A - Start

It doesn't work if you do it just as the scene is starting. Wait a couple seconds into it and keep hitting that combination of buttons and it will skip the scene.

Finally beat this last night (after taking a week off from playing) and I must say I truly feel like I've accomplished something when it comes to a video game. Now I've got to go back through to unlock the original trilogy...
Old 03-21-04, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just started Chapter 8 and am loving the game - so, so much better than Shinobi, Rygar, DMC, Castelvania, et al.
Old 03-24-04, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

finally beated the darn dino in chapter 6.
so i went back to the alley across han';s bar and trying to get the bomerang shuriken. i keep do the wall running jump from wall to wall; i got to the very top and i keep running circle, where do i go? do i go to the very top? it does not see i could grab the ledge to climb to the top.
what are some suggestions of getting that bomerang shuriken. thanks
Old 03-24-04, 08:04 AM

finally beated the darn dino in chapter 6.
so i went back to the alley across han';s bar and trying to get the bomerang shuriken. i keep do the wall running jump from wall to wall; i got to the very top and i keep running circle, where do i go? do i go to the very top? it does not see i could grab the ledge to climb to the top.
what are some suggestions of getting that bomerang shuriken. thanks
On the walls by the bar, right where you read the note, you should see blue lines on the walls. There are 3 walls in a row that you will run on. Start on the one closest to the street and keep hoppint to the ones farther in untill you jump on to the ledge with the weapon. On the last jump, make sure you jump at the very end of the wall at the corner or you will miss the ledge.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.