Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Splinter Cell Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-04, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Splinter Cell Question

I bought the PoP/SC double pack and SC is one kick ass game. I am about 50% thru after less than a week of playing. One thing bothers me about this game though. Before and after mission with the cutscenes of the news flashes. Why is when the reporter broadcasting and then it cuts out to another news item. It's like "President Bowers extends his thanks to the marines for raiding..." and it will go on to something else.

Also, I thought everybody was saying this game is super hard, I havent found it difficult at all, a few challenging parts but I got by them with trial and error and continued patience.
Old 02-11-04, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what version are you playing?
I heard they made the PS2 version easier.
I didn't have too much trouble either with the PS2 version.
Old 02-11-04, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Splinter Cell Question

Originally posted by ElementZ
I bought the PoP/SC double pack and SC is one kick ass game. I am about 50% thru after less than a week of playing. One thing bothers me about this game though. Before and after mission with the cutscenes of the news flashes. Why is when the reporter broadcasting and then it cuts out to another news item. It's like "President Bowers extends his thanks to the marines for raiding..." and it will go on to something else.

Also, I thought everybody was saying this game is super hard, I havent found it difficult at all, a few challenging parts but I got by them with trial and error and continued patience.
They did that to make it more dramatic and "stylized". It's not very helpful in terms of the story I know.
Old 02-11-04, 11:34 AM

It is the PS2 version, it is a challenging game, but a good kind of challenging.

And thats what I basically figured about the news flashes.

This game is a lot of fun though.

How long did it take you to beat this game. Like I said I started playing last Thursday (feb 5th) and I am already ~50% finished it says. I am starting at the Nuclear Power Plant.
Old 02-11-04, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I found the non-leathal areas to be difficult while the fire at will levels to be pretty easy.
Old 02-11-04, 12:38 PM
Suspended

I found the PS2 version to be incredibly easy after playing the XBox version. The XBox version is still quite challenging for me even though I know how to complete each mission.

Can't wait for the sequel.
Old 02-11-04, 12:41 PM

I heard that the XBox version doesn't have the three warnings regarding alarms and that it was added to the PS2 version to make it easier. I haven't messed with it but I see when I save that it says difficulty: Normal so you must be able to boost up the challenge on it. (I figured I would when I play through it again).
Old 02-11-04, 02:38 PM

Originally posted by gp98
I haven't messed with it but I see when I save that it says difficulty: Normal so you must be able to boost up the challenge on it. (I figured I would when I play through it again).
That's true. When you start a new game, it has the options of Normal or Hard. From what I hear, there are no added features pr bonuses to completeing it on Hard
Old 02-11-04, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This game is definitly one of the best games I played on a console in a while. Glad I played it on the xbox. The lighting and shadow effect were amazing. Can't wait for the sequel.
Old 02-12-04, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have had it for a month but havent really gotten into it. Its one of those that you have to have time to keep going and not skip around for weeks at a time. I got past the burning building bit... so far its an awesome game. Glad I picked it up!