Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Karaoke Revolution Headset Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-04, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Karaoke Revolution Headset Question

Planning to purchase the game. Any suggestions if I should buy the game+headset bundle for $59? or should I just buy the game for $39 and buy the Logitech or PS2 headset separately? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Also, which is better, the Logitech or the PS2 headset?

Thanks!
Old 02-04-04, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I highly suggest you buy the game separately from the headset. I got the bundle and the headset they give you is a logitech, but it is a cheap one, not the one you can buy separately. I regret getting the bundle, I wish I had bought them separately.

I think either the Sony/Logitech ones are fine, although the Logitech one (that retails for $39.99) seem to be alittle better made. I have not used either one to confirm for accuracy tho.
Old 02-04-04, 09:40 AM

I bought and returned the logitech headset.
For 1, it does not have the volume control/mute button piece that the PS2 version has.
Also, the microphone wants to sit in your mouth and isn't all that adjustable (the sony boom seems a little longer)
2nd, both the logitech and the PS2 versions are the same price now, at lesast at best buy.
3rd, there seems to be a minimal difference in construction b/w the 2 (they look almost identical in the box)

I had a tough time getting any feedback on them in this forum for some reason, but that's my experience w/ them so far.

Note: i exchanged the Logitech for the PS2 version, but have yet to open and try the PS2 version out.

Either way, both headsets are MUCH better than the crap that came with SOCOM, and probably better than whatever it is that come w/ Karaoke.
Old 02-04-04, 06:27 PM

I can confirm that it's a Logitech headset in the Karaoke bundle. I was kind of surprised when I couldn't find a volume or mute button. It still seemed to be better quality then the Sony one bundled with the first SOCOM, barring the missing buttons. The cord seems longer too. I got the bundle for $50 around Christmas, so I'm not too bummed about it. My girlfriend seems happy with it, so I can't complain.
Old 02-04-04, 06:33 PM

I asked around at the video games stores before I bought it, and I ended up buying the game and PS2 headset separately, and I'm glad because the PS2 version is solidly built. I went to Best Buy and bought 2 of the video game giftcards and put $5 on each (that's the minimum amount, I believe). The giftcards had a $5 coupon on the back as a discount off any game or accessory over $19.99. I used one $5 off coupon on the game, and one on the headset. That brought the price down somewhat. BTW, I have a somewhat large cranium (no joke) and the headset was mildly comfortable.