Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

CC GC and either madden 04 or nfl street for only $99

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-04, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CC GC and either madden 04 or nfl street for only $99

Starting on Sunday and throughout the week, CircuitCity will be offering the Nintendo GameCube + either Madden 2004 or NFL Street for only $99.99. Sounds like a good deal to me.

that is pretty hot deal, since the cube itself is $99.
Old 01-17-04, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think it's a hot deal also, but the wife doesn't think it's so hot
Old 01-17-04, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 411 Likes on 309 Posts
Great deal if you don't have a Cube. Or if you want a Cube and don't want the game, sell the game, and you'd have only paid $60-70 for the Cube.
Old 01-17-04, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can you get the free Zelda disk doing this? My local Best Buy said that they were only giving out the Zelda disk with GC purchases.
Old 01-17-04, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by CaptainMarvel
Can you get the free Zelda disk doing this? My local Best Buy said that they were only giving out the Zelda disk with GC purchases.
Try to find a Gamecube that has the disc inside the box. Most of them do, although maybe Circuit City pulled them and put out regular ones for this deal.
Old 01-18-04, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great deal. I had no plan on ever getting a gamecube, yet now I am strangely tempted. Hmmm.... Thanks for the post.
Old 01-19-04, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The way my local CC had it, if you picked up NFL Street with the GameCube you got a ten dollar GC.

And sorry, no Zelda discs were in the boxes. But you can still order one here by getting a sub. to Nintendo Power.
Old 01-19-04, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 199 Likes on 172 Posts
Another way to get the Zelda disc for free is to buy two Nintendo games (pick among Mario Kart: DD, Mario Party 5, 1080 Avalanche, or Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga), and register the two games (using a game code in the game box) plus your Gamecube at Nintendo online to receive your free disc in the mail.

I just did this last Saturday and the offer is still good. There is a thread that also covers the offer in more detail.
Old 01-19-04, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Don't forget Free $10 gift card
Old 01-20-04, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Jtnguyen12
Don't forget Free $10 gift card
It's not supposed to be included. Two different deals. You may get lucky, but my Circuit City would never in a million years allow it. They are like right on the money with questions, calling to verify item is in stock during price matching etc...

No fooling them...
Old 01-20-04, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by nickdawgy
It's not supposed to be included. Two different deals. You may get lucky, but my Circuit City would never in a million years allow it. They are like right on the money with questions, calling to verify item is in stock during price matching etc...

No fooling them...
When I was there yesterday the sign they had posted was GameCube and NFL Street (plus $10 gift card) or Madden 2004 for $99
Old 01-20-04, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Demontooth
When I was there yesterday the sign they had posted was GameCube and NFL Street (plus $10 gift card) or Madden 2004 for $99
The sign at the one I visited made one think that you got both games and the $10 GC for $99. When I asked about it (feigning as a guy who just "stumbled" on it) one of the CC guys said "Wow! That's a great deal! Let me get an ad cause I'm not sure that's right." (D'oh!)
Old 01-20-04, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Again, I can say mine would never allow that, despite what the sign says. A shame, really.
Old 01-20-04, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Again, I can say mine would never allow that, despite what the sign says. A shame, really.
With your no fooling them comment I thought you meant that people were trying to pull a fast one on them by getting the gift card. If the sign says I get a gift card....I would assume I get a gift card. But it's a moot point anyway because my wife won't let me buy it.
Old 01-20-04, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

With your no fooling them comment I thought you meant that people were trying to pull a fast one on them by getting the gift card. If the sign says I get a gift card....I would assume I get a gift card. But it's a moot point anyway because my wife won't let me buy it.
Well I have heard it was two different deals. Een if it is legit, my Circuit City likes to question everything. That free Wavebird they offered when you bought a Cube sometime last year, they wanted to make me pay for it, so at the time it kept me from buying a Cube. They also thought I should pay for the demo disc, and the free game that game with the system.
Old 01-20-04, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well I have heard it was two different deals. Een if it is legit, my Circuit City likes to question everything. That free Wavebird they offered when you bought a Cube sometime last year, they wanted to make me pay for it, so at the time it kept me from buying a Cube. They also thought I should pay for the demo disc, and the free game that game with the system.
That sounds like a place I would not want to shop at!
Old 01-20-04, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I bought the gamecube this past monday at CC, and i got the NFL Street and the $10 Gift Card for free....great deal!
Old 01-20-04, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

At my Circuit City, I bought the Gamecube on Monday but they were out of NFL Street and Madden. So, the guy gives me a raincheck for NFL Street and a $10 gift card. Also, at my location, there were signs that said "get Madden for free instantly" and "get NFL Street free with a $10 gift card instantly." They never said anything about one or the other until I got up to the counter, and then I still didn't get anything instantly because they were advertising two games that they didn't have in stock. This was irritating that I'll have to go back there (even though it is only five minutes away), but hey, for $60 worth of free stuff for buying the Gamecube it almost seems worth it.
Old 01-20-04, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Stop tempting me on this...still trying to decide whether to wait for another deal like this or move on this one...
Old 01-20-04, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My roommate works at CC, and they are supposed to offer you F-Zero if they're out of Madden and Street.
Either way, i cant imagine a better deal coming around, i think you should jump on this one Homer!
Old 01-21-04, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Tony Dvdfan
My roommate works at CC, and they are supposed to offer you F-Zero if they're out of Madden and Street.
Either way, i cant imagine a better deal coming around, i think you should jump on this one Homer!
F-Zero is pretty cheap now (from where I have seen it) and in my opinion it's not that great of a game to begin with. I sold my copy of the game 20 mins after playing it. I would rather get NFL Street, and wait if I had to.

Do they make you get the Gamecube version of Street, or can you get Xbox if you want?

I might try it, and then sell the Cube (or keep the new Cube and sell my old one). Then you'd get Street for around $10-$20 total.
Old 01-21-04, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am extremely tempted by this deal. But I also have a question about the games included.

Okay so Madden 04 is a great game and is a simulation of the pro game. NFL Street is just that, street football (ie: NBA Street).

Now I really like the idea of the simulation and taking a team (Lions) all the way by working their roster and playing each game. But I am worried that Madden 04, just like 03, 02, and so on wont holds its value of $49.99 as much as NFL Street.

But on the other hand EA Big games seem to drop to the $29.99 price really quick (ie; NBA Street 2).

I think I would enjoy both games, since I like the simulation idea and I really enjoyed NBA Street (NFL Blitz). But the biggest thing holding my back is that Im a Tecmo SuperBowl guy and never have been the best at Madden.

Others' thought greatly appreciated.
Old 01-21-04, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Madden 2004 is fun, but if you want simulation football, go with ESPN Football. If you like the little extras like owner mode, and a super deep franchise mode, go with Madden.

As for NFL Street, I never played it. I suspect Madden would have tons more replay value, though.
Old 01-21-04, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In owner mode can you still 'play' the games, not just call the plays?
Old 01-22-04, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by retihsuhnt
In owner mode can you still 'play' the games, not just call the plays?
There is the Madden's pick play. He'll call a play for you that he feels is the best for the situation.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.