Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Intellivision on Xbox

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-03, 11:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Intellivision on Xbox

This was supposed to come out last week I think it was but it looks like it's been pushed back a month or so. Has anyone found any reviews yet (or just a complete list of games)? I'm kind of interested in it since the Intellivison was my first console system. Reading some of the other posts about being disappointed in going back and playing old games I expect some of that and I also just don't see how they are going to replicate the 12 button keypad on the Xbox controller so I'm curious in hearing if anyone has tried it yet.

TIA
Old 12-23-03, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read the PS2 reviews and you'll get the same idea. Basically it was a good effort but the keypads of the old Intellivision games render some games on the collection unplayable with the standard PS2 controller.

Now the same Intellivision collection is available for the PC and received notably higher marks. I haven't read the reviews for that one but I would expect the keyboard to be more accomodating to those old Intellevision controllers.

Jeremy
Old 12-23-03, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somewhat unrelated, but since this is an Intellivision thread, here goes...

Why does the Intellivision stand-alone controller/system now available (both the 10 game and the 25 game versions) use a modern looking controller, while the Atari one is the 2600 joystick? Absolutely stupid.

Anybody old enough to want this knows that some of the Intellivision games need that old controller design, with its keypad. I'd think they'll lose more sales than what they may gain by providing a now-standard design in an effort to attract more of today's kids.
Old 12-23-03, 01:58 PM

I agree... I started looking around for the PC based set based on jrutz's recommendation and came across this thing. From the all the reviews I read it is horrible (not to mention a lot of the original game sounds are not included). WRT the PC based set though it sounds nice enough but it only has 25 games compared to the 60 or so the console one is going to have. Still though if you can't control it what's the point... Anyone else have experience w/ this set yet?
Old 12-23-03, 03:11 PM

BTW for those who may be interested check out http://www.intellivisionlives.com/ it has info on all the games and how they are available (PC, console, the stand-alone controller) plus a couple of free downloads including B17-Bomber