Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

ROTK help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-03, 10:13 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ROTK help!

can someone give me some tips on beating that ghost boss dude with the big sword? Forgot his name. You fight as Aragorn in the cave. I love the entire game so far, but for the life of me can't friggin beat him! I'm so fustrated....

oh and since I"m talking about ROTK, do you think the game would spoil the movie for me? I've played the first 4 levels or so, and while haven't read the books,i have seen the two films and can already tell the game takes HUGE liberties with the story(since the game actually starts with TWO TOWERS). I really wan't the film to be a suprise to me. Think its safe to keep playing or should I just wait till I see ROTK?
Old 11-25-03, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
I wasnt able to beat the guy on normal, i had to go back to easy. the game is freakin hard on normal for me (i hate having to play levels like 20 times to beat them, i dont have enough video game time to do that anymore).

my way of beating the King of the Dead:
i just try and do lots of Orc Hewers, then when he does the wind blasts, go hide behind the rock that back and to your left and then between blasts shoot him with arrows. the longer you hold back the arrow, the more powerful the shot is (to a point)

It might ruin the story for you, but most of it is just scenes from the movie extended a lot with out much story. try not to watch the cut scenes and dont do the last couple levels (black gates, plentor fields and mainly cracks of doom)
Old 11-25-03, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
I agree with DaveN. I also had to switch it for easy for this level, which I did after about 17 tries on normal (and I am NOT new to gaming). I got him with 100% arrows, because anytime I got near he'd just hack me to pieces.

And if you think THAT level is hard, wait until you see what's ahead...
Old 11-25-03, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No it is very hard....i was in normal and i beat him by doing the attacks. Quick attacks on him and try to hit him with arrows. It takes times thats all..... Trust me that is nothing compared to whats in store for you guys. It only gets worse.
Old 11-25-03, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this was by far the hardest part in the game. i think i beat him simply by using quick attack. i even hit perfect mode everynow and then.