Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Any chance that Gamecube will start having more online games?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-22-03, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been thinking about a GC for a while now. A couple of my brother-in-laws have them and love them, and I am really starting to like em too. The only thing that seems to be holding me back is online capability. From what I can tell, there is only one game online officaly, with a couple more your can "tunnel" though a pc. But Id like to kick my BIL's a$$es on mariocart or other games from my house instead of driving 40 miles each way to do it at thier house. Doesnt Nintendo see that this online thing is working for other consoles and PC's? Do they care? Man, I like Nintendo, but, why should I invest my time and money if I cant get what I want? I dont mean for this to sound like I'm bashing Nintendo or the GC, but, as a consumer, is Nintendo listening to me and the thousands or hundreds of thousands of others with the same wants?
Old 11-22-03, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Old 11-22-03, 05:02 AM
Banned

Not a shot in hell bud. N$ has said if we can't make money off it we're not doing it and far as they see it you can't make much money off online gaming right now. However I got to gave it to N$ for just not gaving a BS reason why they not doing it and just telling the turth. I mean the GC fans want it but N$ is not going to lose money on something the fans want so they are SOL.
Old 11-22-03, 10:37 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
LOL
Old 11-22-03, 10:39 AM
Banned

Old 11-22-03, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

*wipes tear from eye*

...phew...
Old 11-22-03, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Nintendo seems to have abandoned their online plan... at one point they almost had an online plan, but they were always kinda wishy washy on it. Now they just don't seem to have any plans for it at all. For sure none of their first party games will be online in this generation - and I wouldn't be surprised if they skipped online gaming for their next gen. Some people on this forum feel like online gaming is worthless, so nintendo's stance is justified. I guess a million and a half or so console gamers playing online is meaningless.
Old 11-22-03, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Trigger
Some people on this forum feel like online gaming is worthless, so nintendo's stance is justified. I guess a million and a half or so console gamers playing online is meaningless.
I wouldnt say its meaningless but Its not a deal breaker. None of my favorite recent games have been online. KOTOR, Metroid, GTA, Halo...

Nintendo has more serious problems than getting their games online. If adding online features results in an even slower release of 1st party titles thats not a trade off I would be very pleased with.