Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Anybody pick up Rising Sun? Reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-03, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody pick up Rising Sun? Reviews?

Anybody pick up Medal of Honor: Rising Sun? I have enjoyed all the Medal of Honor games, but this game has gotten some mixed reviews...I picked up Cal of Duty based on recommendations here, and it is being shipped..but there is room for Rising Sun if it is any good.

Thanks
Old 11-17-03, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
I picked this one up last week because I really enjoyed the first one too and so far I'm really liking it. (The beginning with Pearl Harbor is fantastic.)

I know the reviews have been a little mixed (here is some info.), but frankly I don't agree with them. While it's not a huge improvement on the first, I thought the first was darn good.

The levels are longer and can get frustrating (esp. figuring out exactly where to go/what to do next), but they're also pretty fun and varied. (I just finished one called "Pistol Pete" that was excellent.) So, I think if you liked the first one you'll definitely like this one.
Old 11-17-03, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was anticipating this one, because the high production of the MoH series, but the reviews have been really bad - I haven't read a single one that says it's worth playing.

It's really a good thing though, because there's just too many good games out there right now to get. Also if you've got a decent PC there's no reason to get this one over Call of Duty. Finally the first PC game which doesn't require a state-of-the-art rig to play it!

Jeremy
Old 11-17-03, 02:57 PM

I started playing this game over the weekend. Like said before, the opening Pearl Harbor mission is awesome! I'm really enjoying the game. Again, like all the reviews have said before, there nothing groundbreaking or any advancements to this game. I really wish they would improve the graphics but I can deal with it since the game really is fun. If you enjoyed the first, you'll enjoy this. Just consider it a add on.
Old 11-17-03, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If this was Live enabled I would pick it up, but seeing as it's not I will grab it for the pc, but I won't be in any hurry. The reviews look decent, but there are plenty of other games that I want for my XBox, PS2, and PC before I even think of buying it.
Old 11-17-03, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good luck finding a PC version, its console only.
Old 11-17-03, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
Does anyone else find the TV ad a little tasteless? Yes, the concept is clever and we've seen similar depiction of violence in moviesbefore.Still it's one thing to go to a PG-13 movie callled "Pearl Harbor", it's quite another to be sitting watching The Simpsons and see that ad. Seeing sailors jumping in the water with bullets streaming by them is probably too much for prime time TV. At least it felt that way to me.
Old 11-17-03, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by uteotw
The levels are longer and can get frustrating (esp. figuring out exactly where to go/what to do next), but they're also pretty fun and varied. (I just finished one called "Pistol Pete" that was excellent.) So, I think if you liked the first one you'll definitely like this one.
Thank you. I aim to please.
Old 11-18-03, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 907 Likes on 669 Posts
I was not a fan of Frontline, but did like MOH:AA for PC. My friend picked this game up and played this past weekend. Co-op mode was nice to see, but this game is very short. After playing throught the whole thing in co-op, we decided to play one player to see if it was any longer...only one more level. I wasn't watching the clock, but I would say about 3-4 hours to complete. I never made it through the first one, so I can't compare, but I was hoping for much more than that. After playing Call of Duty for PC since it came out, this game was a let down.
Old 11-18-03, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Decker
Does anyone else find the TV ad a little tasteless? Yes, the concept is clever and we've seen similar depiction of violence in moviesbefore.Still it's one thing to go to a PG-13 movie callled "Pearl Harbor", it's quite another to be sitting watching The Simpsons and see that ad. Seeing sailors jumping in the water with bullets streaming by them is probably too much for prime time TV. At least it felt that way to me.
No....I think your probably the only one. I thought the TV ads were awsome.
Old 11-18-03, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts
If you can hear Bart say ass, hell, damn etc on the Simspsons, we can see a commercial like that. Censorship sucks
Old 11-18-03, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

it's quite another to be sitting watching The Simpsons and see that ad. Seeing sailors jumping in the water with bullets streaming by them is probably too much for prime time TV.
If they showed this commercial Sat. morning during Rugrats or something I might agree with you.
Old 11-18-03, 10:19 AM

Here's the TV spot for those who haven't seen it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_moh_rs_tv.wmv

It's not too bad considering it doesn't show anyone getting shot. Just a bunch of frantic running around.
Old 11-25-03, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Well, to amend my earlier posting, I finished this game faster than I've ever finished a game, so while it was good at the time, I'm not sure it was worth a purchase. I've already sold it off, as a matter of fact. I really could NOT believe it when the game ended, way too soon for me...
Old 12-26-03, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts
I got this on Christmas morning and finished it in about 4 hours. What a ripoff. Not only short, but boring and not even worth mentioning in the same sentence as Frontline. Save your money and rent it, this game is a rip to purchase.