Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Good games that have dumb damn parts in them

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-03, 09:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good games that have dumb damn parts in them

OK FFX has made me think about this type of thing. We all play some great games yet even good games will have something so dumb in it you think WTF was they thinking!? Right now FFX is doing this to me. I'm at the clam lands and trying to race a damn chocobo so I can win the cloudy mirror so I can get all the legendary weapons. Now the porb with this is the controls during the race are just shit hell I won't even call it controls. All you can do is hit right and lift and your bird goes back and forth. Also while you're cussing the soil who made this part of the game for the bad controls you got to worry about flying birds hitting ya plus you got to pick up some damn balloons so you're time will be at 0 by the time you finish the race. My god this part has pissed me off the closest I got to 0 was 4.9. Also while you're running the camra will move and I will get hit by a flying bird cause I could not see it with the camra moving. For the poeple who own FFX and tryed this shit you will know what I'm talking about.

I'm getting to think it's game making law if you make 10 things cool in a game you got to put in one thing dumb cause it helps even the game out and makes the other parts seem better.

Point of this post is for folks to post stuff like above name good games and explain dumb parts they had in them.

Last edited by TOPDAWG; 11-16-03 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-16-03, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts
Good games that have dumb parts? For some reason, Kingdom Hearts and the Gummi Ship come to mind....
Old 11-16-03, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was going to say blitzball in FFX.
Old 11-16-03, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by jw2299
Really? I thought that was fun
Old 11-16-03, 10:04 AM
Banned

Originally posted by jw2299
Opps I forgot to add that too my bad yeah that is dumb as all shit.
I also agree with the KH one I hate that myself it looks like crap and I don't get it or the point of it. I just think square needs to quit putting mini-game type shit in thier games they seem to suck pretty damn bad at it.
Old 11-16-03, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I also nominate Max Payne and the annoying dream levels. It wasn't just the fact the jumps had to be perfect, but the baby and wife crying over and over and over and over and over and over and over again really got to you......
Old 11-16-03, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The two blood trail sequences in Max Payne were fairly dumb in my opinion. It was bad enough to have to play through it the first time early in the game.
Old 11-16-03, 10:08 AM
Banned

Originally posted by nickdawgy
Really? I thought that was fun

Yeah I had fun laughing at the fact square paid someone to design and program that shit. I played it during the mean game when you had to but I don't care what type of rewards you get for it I'm not playing it again.

PS. Yes I did win but the bad thing was I had no idea how I did it. Talk about lack of contral in a game. I did not feel I eanred it but was thinking damn that was lucky.

Last edited by TOPDAWG; 11-16-03 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-16-03, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It was cool if you won, but it sucked if you lost
Old 11-16-03, 11:08 AM
Banned

HAHA up you're ass square I got my time of 0.0.0 two times just now so kiss my as you bastards. Even with you're shit controls and bad design I did it HAHA take that you damn bastards.

PS. The damn bitch of a racer lady did not gave me the item I needed but a different one. WTF is up with that!? Man this game is pissing me off bad now and I was having such fun too
Old 11-16-03, 11:09 AM
Banned

Kingdom Hearts - The Gummi ship thing sucked until you got a ship that was maxed out with guns and lasers. Then it is just a straight line to the next world. I'm glad they included warping though.

FFX - Like all FF games, the minigames sometimes aren't the best. You just deal with them.

Devil May Cry - That flying around part in the end kinda blew. Too much variation in the end.

These games are all excellent though, and are a permanent part of my collection. You just deal with the bad parts so that you can enjoy the rest of the game, which is amazing.
Old 11-16-03, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Before entering the thread my first thought was also the blood trails in Max Payne. Waste of time.
Old 11-16-03, 12:11 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sailing in Zelda: TWW especially gathering the triforce charts and pieces.

Getting the Artifacts in Metroid Prime.
Old 11-16-03, 12:37 PM

You need to get under 0.0.0, it is POSSIBLE
Old 11-16-03, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The final stages of Half-Life win my vote.
Old 11-16-03, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by CaptainMarvel
The final stages of Half-Life win my vote.
Good one, I hated that part. The game rocked until then, at which point I lost interest.
Old 11-16-03, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hopping across the falling rocks in Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance.
Old 11-16-03, 04:40 PM

The Banner levels in the Hulk really bummed me out.
It was so cool just beating the hell out of things & then the next thing you know your having to sneak around as Banner.
Old 11-16-03, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

all the minigames in FF series... the card games, the chocobo racing, blitzball, etc... not my taste. (the motorcycle sequence in ff7 was an exception b/c i like motorcycles).

the card game in Star Wars KotOR.

i didn't hate them or anything; moreso that i thought they were relatively pointless.

--
btw, blitzball gets a lot easier when you get more skills, etc. it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it - pass, man, pass.

Last edited by young; 11-16-03 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-16-03, 05:10 PM

Re: Good games that have dumb damn parts in them

Originally posted by TOPDAWG
I'm at the clam lands and trying to race a damn chocobo so I can win the cloudy mirror so I can get all the legendary weapons.
That's funny, that is the exact spot where I stopped playing FFX. I enjoyed it quite a bt up until that point, but I just got disgusted there.

P.S. You certainly do curse a lot. No offense, but it makes it kind of hard to read your posts and take them seriously.
Old 11-16-03, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by sniper308
Hopping across the falling rocks in Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance.
Good call.
Old 11-16-03, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: Good games that have dumb damn parts in them

Originally posted by Lint21
P.S. You certainly do curse a lot. No offense, but it makes it kind of hard to read your posts and take them seriously.

It's actually a lot easier to understand TOPDAWG's posts now that the word "shit" is unfiltered - before that, his posts were a galaxy of stars... quite beautiful in their own way

I stopped playing the PS2 version of "No One Lives Forever" when I got to the section where I had to jump/duck/avoid a long series of infared sensors...bah... very tedious, especially when the control setup for a console FPS is so clunky to begin with; I'm not sure if this sequence is in the PC version, hopefully not as I plan to pick it up someday...
Old 11-16-03, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Driving cars in Tony Hawk's UnderGround and the minigames in TH4

Ground levels in Rebel Strike

The torture sequence in Metal Gear Solid
Old 11-16-03, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by young
the card game in Star Wars KotOR.

Just started playing this recently (a few hours in). Is there a point which you have to play the card game? I've encountered several NPC's talking about it, etc and I think I recovered a deck of cards for it, but was basically avoiding playing it so far.
Old 11-16-03, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The gun turret sequence in KOTOR. What a yawn fest. At least the KOTOR card game has some entertainment value, gets you some money, and is 100% optional!

Also the swoop bikes were pretty lame. They should have ditched all the mini games and spent the time recording some more dialogue.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.