Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Nintendo Survey on Zelda Bonus Disc

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-03, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nintendo Survey on Zelda Bonus Disc

I called Nintendo to get information on whether the Zelda bonus disc would be available outside of the console bundle. This is what happened:

The rep wouldn't confirm or deny the new GC Zelda Bundle as it hasn't been officially announced. No surprise there. He asked me what site I saw the info from and I said I couldn't remember.

He then informed me Nintendo was gathering info on what gamers thought about the bonus disc and asked me for my info. I gladly gave it since they already have it.

I informed him there are a lot of gamers, including myself, who have already bought the GC but would like the Zelda Bonus Disc without having to buy another. He mentioned Nintendo might be considering a way to make this available and asked for any suggestions. I told him to give it away as a bonus to GC owners for their loyalty or to make it available for purchase outside of the bundle. Another suggestion, which I didn't think of at the moment, would be to give it as a bonus for preordering another game.

I would recommend everyone call Nintendo, 1-800-255-3700, and give them your opinion on the Zelda Bonus Disc. This may persuade them to make it available to those who already have the GC.
Old 10-24-03, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good work!

The same thing happened for the Zelda 2 game bonus disc for the Wind Waker pre-orders. They weren't planning on doing it here but someone on another forum (I think it was Gamefaqs?) started a calling campaign and Nintendo said they got hundreds of calls about it and the interest was high enough to go ahead with it. I think as word gets out about the zelda bundle they might do something like that again.

Thanks for giving the number, I'm gonna give them a call too once I get home from class .
Old 10-26-03, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Actually, I'm just going to buy another system. Networked Mario Kart, PLUS the Zelda disc is too tempting.
Old 10-26-03, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What is the Zelda bonus disc? No I didn't search for an answer just thought I would ask here. I know about the bonus pre-order disc but this is different?
Old 10-26-03, 07:41 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally posted by MrPink
What is the Zelda bonus disc? No I didn't search for an answer just thought I would ask here. I know about the bonus pre-order disc but this is different?
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=325659
From the link above:

Nintendo of America will release the new Legend of Zelda Collector's Bundle on November 17, for US$99.99. The bundle will include the GameCube console and Legend of Zelda Collection, which contains Legend of Zelda, Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and a playable demo of The Wind Waker.
Old 10-26-03, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Legend of Zelda Collection, which contains Legend of Zelda, Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and a playable demo of The Wind Waker.

5 games and a GC for $99 doesnt sound bad. Just buy the bundle, keep the games, and sell or trade in the Gamecube, if you already have it.

Last edited by Deadman31; 10-26-03 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-27-03, 12:48 AM
Banned

Screw 99 dollars. I allready own 30 gamecube games I shouldnt have to buy a bundle just for this game. I should get the game free for my dedication to the system. Or at least be able to buy it for 20. I also contacted nintendo around 2 weeks ago and they said they hadnt even heard of the Disc those liars.
Old 10-27-03, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Calm down. I'd be willing to bet they have this as a preorder bonus for "wind waker 2" ... And if not 35$ tops on ebay.
Old 10-27-03, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by puddytay
Screw 99 dollars. I allready own 30 gamecube games I shouldnt have to buy a bundle just for this game. I should get the game free for my dedication to the system. Or at least be able to buy it for 20. I also contacted nintendo around 2 weeks ago and they said they hadnt even heard of the Disc those liars.
I think they are in it for the money.