Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Wave Race Blue Storm (GC) vs. Splashdown 1 (PS2)?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-03, 11:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, I need your feedback on this: I already have Splashdown 1 for PS2. It seems like a lot of fun - great graphics, realistic physics, etc. How similar is Wave Race Blue Storm? Is it good enough that I should have both games in my collection? I don't want to get it if it's too similar to (or not as good as) Splashdown because I really don't need two of the same type of game in my collection if the differences are minimal. However, if Wave Race is infinitely better for a number of reasons, then I'll pick it up. Your thoughts?
Old 10-17-03, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waverace 64 was better than Bluestorm, but Bluestorm is still the best waterskiing game IMO. It's very realistic but it's super-easy to get into.
Old 10-17-03, 08:11 AM
fab

I like WaveRace: BlueStorm a lot better than Splashdown.

I loved WaveRace on the N64 and had more fun with that than BlueStorm even though BlueStorm is the better game. I think it was just a fresher experience the first time around. BlueStorm is more of the same, albeit an awesome experience. BlueStorm's different weather conditions on the various tracks make the game.

--
fab
Old 10-17-03, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

After playing both ALOT, WR: Bluestorm is def. worth buying, no question.

Last edited by jeffdsmith; 10-17-03 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-17-03, 09:04 AM

EDITED TO ADD: Ack! Wrong thread! I'm leaving it here instead of deleting it because it's funny as hell.

Originally posted by DaBargainHunta
Deb, I have to commend you for being so on top of things. You were up late last night responding to requests in this thread, and here you are again fairly early in the morning (well, if you consider 10am early - which I do :P) with more responses.
My real comments below...

Last edited by DaBargainHunta; 10-17-03 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-17-03, 09:19 AM

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I just ordered Wave Race Blue Storm pre-owned from ebgames.com. It comes with the case and manual and is "guaranteed to work." With the 25% off code for used games (AFF25) and the new Super Saver shipping option, it came up to $11! If anyone's interested, it's still listed on the site (LINK). Thank you again for all of your responses.

Last edited by DaBargainHunta; 10-17-03 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-17-03, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I loved Wave Race: Blue Storm. The way the weather conditions affect the water and waves in real time is very realistic. Feels like you're really racing in the water the way the waves can throw you around or turn the tides on you.
Old 10-17-03, 01:05 PM
Retired

I like Blue Storm better.

Much better graphics, much more challenging. It's more or less a Jet Ski sim, and as such the controls take some getting used to. Splashdown is much more of an arcade type racer, and as such it's much easier to pick up and play.
Old 10-17-03, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

From IGN.com:

"Waverace: Blue Storm is a Jet Ski game while Splashdown is a Sea-Doo-based racing game and with this simple little dissimilarity comes different racing mechanics as you must lean forward for more speed with Jet Skis and must pull back to hydroplane with Sea-Doos to get more speed. Wave Race (and Wave Rally) also require you to master the waves in order to win, while Splashdown is less about the waves and more about doing tricks to gain speed and learning to best maneuver your craft in the water. "