Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Halo Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-03, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Halo Help Needed

I am having some trouble with Halo. I assume that almost every Xbox owner has played and pretty much finished it, but just in case I will use spoiler tags

Anyhow, here is my question:

Spoiler:
In the level where you meet the Flood for the first time, and you are trying to escape. I get to this one room where there is a malfunctioning electric bridge. I can't cross it because it always blinks out too fast before I reach the other side. I always fall down, and have to climb up on top of the flaming debris and try again. I just keep on falling down, lol.

Now, I am a n00b to this game somewhat, so please forgive me and go easy on me if the solution is right under my nose (which it probably is). So any ideas?
Old 09-29-03, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
If I remember right, from the place you fall into, there is a door that you go through and you eventually get to the other side.
Old 09-29-03, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

hmmm, maybe I missed it, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 09-30-03, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
www.gamefaqs.com
Old 09-30-03, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Halo Help Needed

Originally posted by nickdawgy
I am having some trouble with Halo. I assume that almost every Xbox owner has played and pretty much finished it, but just in case I will use spoiler tags
Not me!! I just borrowed it though, and my friend played it over the weekend and my jaw was on the floor. It really appears to live up to the hype.

Now, if I could pry myself off my Gamecube to play it.
Old 09-30-03, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Spoiler:
Before the bridge is a 2nd story to your right. There is an almost hidden walkway going up. When you get out on the balcony up there, you will find a switch. When it is on you will see the bridge light up and stay on.
Old 09-30-03, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by menaz
www.gamefaqs.com
indeed, a great site, I always look there. However, every FAQ I have seen says that you can
Spoiler:
cross the bridge, and doesn't say anything how to get past it.

So I am stumped

Pixy- Yes, it is a great game. I was frustrated with the vehicle driving at first, but it gets much, much more fun the more you play it.
Old 09-30-03, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't see your reply at first, Preacher. Thanks. I'll try that out
Old 09-30-03, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the real answer, from someone who has played & finished the game more than 10 times & memorized everything about every level:
Spoiler:
if you come across a malfunctioning bridge, forget about it and move on. there is no way to fix it. look for another way out. later in the level, there is a bridge that is turned OFF, that you can turn ON by hitting a switch. But you can't do anything about the blinking & malfunctioning bridges.
Old 09-30-03, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Joshic
the real answer, from someone who has played & finished the game more than 10 times & memorized everything about every level:
Spoiler:
if you come across a malfunctioning bridge, forget about it and move on. there is no way to fix it. look for another way out. later in the level, there is a bridge that is turned OFF, that you can turn ON by hitting a switch. But you can't do anything about the blinking & malfunctioning bridges.
He's right nickdawgy. I missed the part where you said the "F" word. In the case of your question it is not important, but as he says just work around it. Te bridge will stay on if necessary it just means to go another way. There are a few I remember and it just meant there was another passageway to go up. Although I had some success jumping up to a few areas that perhaps were supposed to be out of reach.

I envy anyone playing this for the first time.
Old 09-30-03, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I finally figured it out, it was right under my nose, the other door, lol. Thanks everyone for knocking some sense into me. This game keeps getting better the more I play it
Old 10-01-03, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Try and finish the Library on Legendary....go on...I dare you.
Old 10-01-03, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I barely finished the library on easy, lol.

Old 10-01-03, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Hiro11
Try and finish the Library on Legendary....go on...I dare you.
I have done it and what a mean mamma she was. I dreamed flood for days.
Old 10-02-03, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

To me, the library wasn't the most difficult, it just got annoying at times. You just use the same tactic throughout the whole level. Run up, trigger the next wave of flood, then run back, kill a few from the distance and wait behind a corner till they run around. Then just blast them all with the shotgun.

I know what you mean though about dreaming of flood for days, . I was like, "When is it going to end?"
Old 10-03-03, 05:18 PM

I just finished Halo last week. Played the whole game on Heroic. I loved it. Such a great game. I, too, found myself dreaming about certain levels and enemies.

I told my friend a few weeks ago that I just encountered the flood and asked him how much further I had to go. He said I was about 3/4 of the way there, which drove me crazy! I was ready to be done with the game, but after the Library, I was loving it all over again.

Enjoy!
Old 10-03-03, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got sick after playing Halo for about an hour last night (my first time playing it). You know that warning they give you about seizures? I think I might have come close. I have never had this problem, but after I played I was very dizzy and sick. Like when you feel like you are still on a rollercoaster the night you come home from a day at an amusement park but much worse. I was unable to sleep because when I put my head down it would keep spinning. Has anyone had this problem or heard of it? It was kind of scary, but maybe I have to get used to it.
Old 10-03-03, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is this your first playing any first-person shooter or just Halo? There are actually a fair amount of people who get nauseous playing FPS games.
Old 10-04-03, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Xanager
Is this your first playing any first-person shooter or just Halo? There are actually a fair amount of people who get nauseous playing FPS games.
I've played Buffy and it didn't happen. But I was really, really sick after Halo. I literally didn't sleep because I couldn't keep my head down. I passed out around 6 am and I still felt it a bit the next day, but it's mostly gone now.
Old 10-04-03, 02:10 PM

I had some problems to with a couple levels of Halo but after some changes I was able to finish the game problem free and continue to play it regularly since. When you were playing was the room adequately lit ? Also, make sure you don't sit to close to the tv when playing.
Old 10-04-03, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by rvd1083
I had some problems to with a couple levels of Halo but after some changes I was able to finish the game problem free and continue to play it regularly since. When you were playing was the room adequately lit ? Also, make sure you don't sit to close to the tv when playing.
Those were two things I thought about afterward. It was dark in the room, but don't a lot of people play at night with just a bit of light? And, while I wasn't too close, I could have been further away. I still think it would have happened anyway, but I'm going to try it next time with a lot of light and from a good distance away. Thanks again.