Disney Extreme Skate Adventure
Old 09-26-03, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
nice.
Old 09-26-03, 10:41 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I might have to pick that up (as much as I hate supporting crappy, biased "official" magazines).

I'd like to try out Prince of Persia, Freedom Fighters and Tiger Woods.
Old 09-27-03, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another great disc. I may have to subsribe now. The demo discs sucked for such a long time, now they seem to be coming around. I really want to try Freedom Fighters and Prince of Persia.
Old 09-27-03, 09:38 AM

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
A lot of enticing demos, especially Prince of Persia...I can't wait for this to show up.
Old 09-27-03, 01:47 PM

Slightly off topic, but could anyone tell me how to go about upgrading a magazine only subscription to include the demo disc? I just got my first freebie in the mail yesterday (thanks to whoever posted that one about a month and a half ago), and checked out the website, but can't seem to locate any contact info outside of a mailing address. I don't know if I just was overlooking something obvious, but their customer care section just mentioned that you would need to contact them to upgrade but didn't say how to contact them. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-27-03, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by dcswirl
Another great disc. I may have to subsribe now. The demo discs sucked for such a long time, now they seem to be coming around. I really want to try Freedom Fighters and Prince of Persia.
As soon as you subscribe, they'll start putting the Timesplitters 2 demo on the disc every week again. bleh.
Old 09-27-03, 05:44 PM

Originally posted by chunk
Slightly off topic, but could anyone tell me how to go about upgrading a magazine only subscription to include the demo disc? I just got my first freebie in the mail yesterday (thanks to whoever posted that one about a month and a half ago), and checked out the website, but can't seem to locate any contact info outside of a mailing address. I don't know if I just was overlooking something obvious, but their customer care section just mentioned that you would need to contact them to upgrade but didn't say how to contact them. Thanks in advance.
Try logging in here:
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/BOX/BO...BOX&id=XPSvBse

Once you've logged in there might be some info to help you. Please let us know what happens...I'll be doing the same thing as you in a few months
Thanks!
Old 09-27-03, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Chunk, yeah that was where my issue came from too. The number is on the bottom of page 141 in the blue box called "Need to get a disc?" it's 515-248-7682. I called last night after getting mine in the mail it's $1 an issue and they pro-rated it to $11.00 she said I would get the disc starting next issue (December 03).
Old 09-28-03, 05:01 AM

Thanks Edison!
Old 09-29-03, 06:15 AM

On one of the last pages in the bottom right corner where it tells you what will be on the next demo disk has the information on how to get the disk added. If you can't find it I'll get the info and post it for you
Old 09-29-03, 06:41 AM

Can anyone tell me if the have put the Kola mission for Splinter cell on one of the disc's yet? I thought they did but I can't find it anywhere.
Old 09-29-03, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Kola is on the Rainbox Six 3 demo disk (along with 2 new Splinter Cell missions).

Just offering another option.
Old 09-29-03, 07:07 AM

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Kola Cell was on the OXM disc a few months ago.
Old 09-29-03, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nice looking disc--I've been wanting to check out Freedom Fighters and Tiger Woods.

And Gromit--how many new Splinter Cell missions are there? I thought there was only the Kola Cell mission that was available for now.
Old 09-29-03, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Rainbow Six Companion disk includes Kola Cell, and two new ones, Vselka, and Vselka Infiltration. The disk cover says they are "exclusive" to the demo disk, but there have been post elsewhere saying they will be available via LIVE ~ November.
Old 09-29-03, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 3,075 Likes on 2,038 Posts
Originally posted by DARTH GAMER
Can anyone tell me if the have put the Kola mission for Splinter cell on one of the disc's yet? I thought they did but I can't find it anywhere.
It's available on the Xbox Exhibition Disc #3. You can buy it at Best Buy for $4.99 or maybe for free if you use a Gamer's coupon (like I did).
Old 09-29-03, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not a bad disc at all. It figures since I went off last month about how crappy the disc is and how I'd ever renew.

Full Spectrum looks real good.

Prince of Persia is kinda cool but the cam ruins the entire game. I was kicking butt and suddenly I got a screen full of wall. Even rotating the cam did nothing at all.

Tiger was the only other game that interested me and I caved and ordered before the mag got here today.

The disc is certainly better and now I'm not sure what to do about renewing. Damn them!
Old 09-29-03, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Man, i loved prince of persia. Definate must buy for me. MTG Battlegrounds is alright but i think it is straying too far from the MTG core. Didn't try any others as i don't like sports much..
Old 09-29-03, 05:56 PM

I got the disc-free mag at the office today (though I signed up for the home delivery :mad ). Can I just say that folks at that magazine have a bg inferiority complex or something. There isn't more than a couple of pages of content without some swipe at the PS2. I dare anyone to find a review or preview of a multi-console game where there isn't some crack about the inferior PS2 graphics. Yes, I understand that they're not happy about the lack of Live support in EA games, but this is getting rediculous. I've seem PS2 games with amazing graphics and Xbox games with so-so graphics. Enjoy your system and grade games accordingly. Some games look bad because that's the way they look or were programmed. Not everything is Sony's fault.
Old 09-29-03, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 186 Likes on 134 Posts
ok stupid question....where can you pick this mag up? Wal-Mart? Target? I checked my local Target and they either didn't carry it or were out. Would EB or Gamestop have it? Does it come with the demo disc or do you have to suscribe for that?
Old 09-29-03, 10:53 PM

It's in a lot of stores. Borders, EB Games, B & N. It's in my local Von's Supermarket. The newsstand version comes with the demo disc and is $10. I (and many others here) got a free subscription recently from a link posted here. That subscription is the mag but no demo disc. Apparently you can add the demo disc to your subscription for a dollar an issue.
Old 09-30-03, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 186 Likes on 134 Posts
Wow, 10 bucks? I figured like 5 or 6. I guess you can consider it $5 for the disc and $5 for the mag, lol. I'll have to get a subscription to it
Old 09-30-03, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

nickdawgy, I used to find that the mag showed up in stores about a week after the people with subs got it, so I would check bookstores (B & N, Borders, etc.) about Friday for the new issue. It has steadily went up in price I believe it started at $7.99, then $8.99 and just a couple months ago jumped up to $9.99 an issue.
Old 09-30-03, 11:40 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Decker
Can I just say that folks at that magazine have a bg inferiority complex or something. There isn't more than a couple of pages of content without some swipe at the PS2.
That's why I mentioned not liking supporting these biased, one console magazines.

OPM and Nintendo Power I simply don't trust the reviews. OXM is the worst, as they (as you mention) routinely bash the other consoles.

It's just a bunch of fanboy garbage IMO.

Last edited by Josh Hinkle; 09-30-03 at 11:45 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.