Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Elements from games you would like to see expanded on?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-03, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I mean by this is like VR missions got there own game, or how they were expanded greatly in Metal Gear Substance.

Personally I would love to see a Mario game that just had a ton of the platforming bonus levels(where evil mario took away flood) like those found in Mario Sunshine. I had more fun playing those than playing the actual levels.

I also wouldn't have mind seeing a version of FF 8's Triple Triad Card game. They already had the engine, they could have just tweaked it a little, added a little more depth to it, and charged $20-25 bucks for it.

I really would have loved to have a full game that had nothing but the gummi ship battles found in Kingdom Hearts. With more customizations, and guns that game would have ruled! That was my very lame attempt at a joke.
Old 09-18-03, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Elements from games you would like to see expanded on?

Originally posted by boredsilly
What I mean by this is like VR missions got there own game, or how they were expanded greatly in Metal Gear Substance.

Personally I would love to see a Mario game that just had a ton of the platforming bonus levels(where evil mario took away flood) like those found in Mario Sunshine. I had more fun playing those than playing the actual levels.

I also wouldn't have mind seeing a version of FF 8's Triple Triad Card game. They already had the engine, they could have just tweaked it a little, added a little more depth to it, and charged $20-25 bucks for it.

I really would have loved to have a full game that had nothing but the gummi ship battles found in Kingdom Hearts. With more customizations, and guns that game would have ruled! That was my very lame attempt at a joke.
Those platforming bonus levels in SMS were the best part of the game. I wish they would make a game with only those kinds of levels in it.
Old 09-18-03, 11:27 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I have a love/hate relationship with those levels. On one hand, I hated playing them...several of them were quite insane. On the other, I loved finishing them because of the sense of accomplishment.
Old 09-19-03, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Re: Re: Elements from games you would like to see expanded on?

Originally posted by Galanthas
Those platforming bonus levels in SMS were the best part of the game. I wish they would make a game with only those kinds of levels in it.

They did, it was called Mario 64.
Old 09-19-03, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

OMG! I thought you were serious for a half minute. I was sitting there like this

I'd love to play an entire game as Clank without that whiny Ratchet messing everything up! Little Clank, Telepathic Clank, MechaClank. Bring it on!
Old 09-19-03, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, and i thought i was the only one who liked just small parts of those games.

What most people fail to realize is that if they expand on those minigames, the game becomes boring, unfocused, and repetitive. Ex. Legend of Mana. Good game...but the entire game is just a series of several dozen side quests. Also, the fact that some minigames are more fun than the game as a whole can be quite indicative of it's quality.
Old 09-19-03, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If anybody has played the Adventures of Tronne Bonne.. there were 3 stages, action, puzzle, and adventure. If they made an entire game of the action part, where yu get to run around and loot everything in site, that would be one fine game.
Old 09-19-03, 01:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: Elements from games you would like to see expanded on?

Originally posted by tanman
They did, it was called Mario 64.
It's been awhile since I played SM64, but I don't remember levels looking like this:

I'm talking pure platforming skills, no enemies to worry about. An entire game of these types of levels, no enemies would rock.
Old 09-19-03, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I would agree with the Sunshine thing, except that I considered the most challenging aspect of those levels the f'in camera. I could beat those levels, it was the damned red coins in there that were tough sometimes.
Old 09-19-03, 09:55 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Re: Elements from games you would like to see expanded on?

Originally posted by Decker
I'd love to play an entire game as Clank without that whiny Ratchet messing everything up! Little Clank, Telepathic Clank, MechaClank. Bring it on!
YES.

I was so surprised that I liked Clank so much. Usually those kind of sidekick characters are annoying as hell. How about Clank vs. Gir (of Invader Zim fame)?

Less than two months until R&C 2 comes out!