Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tecmo: Ninja Gaiden Extra (XBOX)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-03, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tecmo: Ninja Gaiden Extra (XBOX)

Among the various hints dropped at the ongoing X03 event in Europe is news of a special Easter Egg in Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden revival. Famitsu.com reports that it will include the original side-scrolling NES Ninja Gaiden as a hidden mini-game.
Ryu Hayabusa's eight-bit adventures have not aged all that well in the decade and a half since their earlier release, but it's nevertheless a nice extra for long-time fans of the series. New fans, meanwhile, should receive a helpful education in how good they have it these days -- at least compared to the late '80s, when men were men and pits were bottomless.

We'll see more of Tecmo's work at the Tokyo Game Show next week, so stay tuned for more updates.

PS. I wish they include Bonus Disc (Ninja Gaiden Triology) instead Only 1 Ninja Gaiden Mini game
Old 09-18-03, 10:57 PM

Re: Tecmo: Ninja Gaiden Extra (XBOX)

Originally posted by Jtnguyen12
Among the various hints dropped at the ongoing X03 event in Europe is news of a special Easter Egg in Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden revival. Famitsu.com reports that it will include the original side-scrolling NES Ninja Gaiden as a hidden mini-game.
Ryu Hayabusa's eight-bit adventures have not aged all that well in the decade and a half since their earlier release, but it's nevertheless a nice extra for long-time fans of the series. New fans, meanwhile, should receive a helpful education in how good they have it these days -- at least compared to the late '80s, when men were men and pits were bottomless.

We'll see more of Tecmo's work at the Tokyo Game Show next week, so stay tuned for more updates.

PS. I wish they include Bonus Disc (Ninja Gaiden Triology) instead Only 1 Ninja Gaiden Mini game
That's a nice bonus, hopefully it will have 2 and 3 hidden as well for Xbox owners to enjoy. I just wish Tecmo would get off there arses and release the NG trilogy on the GBA already, Tecmo Bowl too!
Old 09-18-03, 11:42 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I kinda figured they would include the original Ninja Gaiden. I Wish Nintendo would port over the Ninja Gaiden collection that was on SNES.
Old 09-23-03, 08:08 AM

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/451/451022p1.html

September 22, 2003 - In an interview with Computer and Videogames, Tomonobu Itagaki, creator of the Ninja Gaiden series, confirmed that Ninja Gaiden 1, 2, and 3 will all be included in the upcoming Xbox game as hidden bonuses. Not bad, eh?

The early Ninja Gaiden games are classics in their own right and are known for their cool cinemas -- the series was one of the earlier games to feature such a thing -- and their insane difficulty. The upcoming Xbox game looks to keep the tradition alive with its fast-paced action and comparable difficulty.

Check back with IGN for more news regarding Ninja Gaiden in the coming weeks.
Old 09-23-03, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"Why" Tecmo don't do "Ninja Gaiden Triology BOnus Disc" if you Pre-order Ninja Gaiden (XBOX) instead put Ninja Gaiden Triology & hidding somewhere in the game.

I think the BONUS Disc.... HELP the sale of this game instead hidding it.
Old 09-23-03, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
x100
Old 09-23-03, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jtnguyen12
"Why" Tecmo don't do "Ninja Gaiden Triology BOnus Disc" if you Pre-order Ninja Gaiden (XBOX) instead put Ninja Gaiden Triology & hidding somewhere in the game.

I think the BONUS Disc.... HELP the sale of this game instead hidding it.
1) Pre-ordering is stupid (and ghey).

2) We're looking at games that take up very little space. Combine all 3 original games' source code and whatever software they need to run it on the Xbox and we might have a cool meg. 1 megabyte. On a single DVD (4 gigabytes)? Waste.

3) See number 1.

4) See number 1.
Old 09-23-03, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Personally, I agree with Jtnguyen(did I just say that )

I bought PDO for , among other reasons, the original games were on there.

Guess what? I couldn't unlock the damnthings, because I didn't have patience for the levels.

Id rather have a bonus disc, or a what not, then have to unlock them all.

If you have to unlock them, then they areally aren't a "bonus"
Old 09-23-03, 09:18 AM

I think the bonus disc would be better, plus if you didnt want it you could sell it on Ebay
Old 09-23-03, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If you want the originals that bad, get the originals, they are out there and are not diffucult to locate. I just don't see any reason to create a whole seperate disc for something so little, sure it's 3 whole games (and good games at that), but it would be silly to offer them on a seperate disc. It's much better to incude them with the current game. If they need to be unlocked, and you are unable to meet the requirements to unlock them, then again, check eBay or flea markets, you have any of them for a couple of bucks..
Old 09-23-03, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe if they added a little more content to warrant people to pre-order this above and beyond those who already have. Maybe interviews with Team Ninja, behind-the-scenes documentaries on the making of the game, a "women-of-DOA" pictorial or something.

...and a demo of the title would have been nice for everyone to know what to expect. I'm sure MS and Techno both don't want a retread of what happened with DOA:XBV, when nobody knew what to expect and picked it up in hopes it was more than a few girls posing in outfits...

Sure, the original Ninja Gaiden titles alone aren't enough to warrant a pre-order exclusive disc, and I would rather them be in the game, gives me something to play for. Maybe the above content and if you received the pre-order disc, it would "unlock" the original Ninja Gaiden games in the full version of Ninja Gaiden Xbox. There are a few imaginative things they could do with this.

This is the one thing I have to commend Nintendo for, they really know how to entice gamers to pre-order titles.

Jeremy
Old 09-23-03, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
The article I read (can't remember the link) said that the bonus secret game was the Ninja Gaiden ARCADE game, NOT the NES game.