Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Soul Calibur 2 U.S. Sales

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-03, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Well there you go. Must be because there were only like 3 titles available when that came out.
Old 09-11-03, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Trigger
Well there you go. Must be because there were only like 3 titles available when that came out.
That must be it.

U.S. N64 Nintendo Super Smash Brothers 2.54 million

Japan N64 Nintendo Nintendo All Stars: Smash Brothers 1.45 million
Old 09-11-03, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
see? told you so.
Old 09-11-03, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Same thing happened with Halo, huh Trigger?

Old 09-11-03, 08:47 PM

I think Halo quite literally saved the fortunes of the Xbox in its first year.

Since the Japanese aren't generally fans of the FPS genre, I think it somewhat explains why the Xbox has been outsold by even the PS1 in japan in many weeks. As far as I know, the GC is still 2nd in the world in terms of sales because the Xbox has failed to make any dent in the Japanese market.
Old 09-11-03, 09:32 PM
Banned

HA HA I knew Link would win the sales race I mean if them extra guys was might to help sell the game on each system link was the only one who mattered to the users of the system. Xbox should have used MC and he could of had the energy sword he had in a halo game clip I saw a while back. Not sure what 1st party person Sony could of had them used.
Old 09-11-03, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

XBOX with Master Chief and PS2 with the main guy from GTA: VC! (Tony Mottola?)

Now THAT would have been something to be seen.
Old 09-12-03, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by GatorDeb

No, no, and no. I think everyone is missing the point here. OK Im well aware a number of people bought the Cube version for Link (duh) but Soul Calibur (IMO) isnt about added characters. Its about solid gameplay, and a deep fighting engine. This is just my opinion however I could be wrong.
Old 09-12-03, 02:24 AM

what the? do you even follow gaming? or do you just go out and buy games when they're shown on TV? can you explain to me how the hell they fit into a fighting game such as this? Shoot, by the way you're talking, you might as well add Mayor McCheese. Hell, you're probably wondering why they didn't use Mario or Donkey Kong for the GC version... just go... sit down... think of senseless things...
Old 09-12-03, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

DLogic care to explain how Spawn and Heihachi fit any better on Soul Calibur? They threw that out the window, so we might as well do it with better characters.
Old 09-12-03, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

DLogic care to explain how Spawn and Heihachi fit any better on Soul Calibur? They threw that out the window, so we might as well do it with better characters.
Well Deb its like this. Heihachi is a NAMCO character that has a history on Sony systems. Spawn is having a game developed by NAMCO for all consoles, however NAMCO has no history with Micrsoft, or Nintendo thusly they added Spawn to the Xbox roster and Link to the Nintendo roster. Now then Tony M. from Vice City is a ROCKSTAR GAMES character who kills random people with guns not swords. Master Cheif is a BUNGIE character whom was not developed by NAMCO. Is all this sinking in?
Old 09-12-03, 03:05 AM

Originally posted by zero
Well Deb its like this. Heihachi is a NAMCO character that has a history on Sony systems. Spawn is having a game developed by NAMCO for all consoles, however NAMCO has no history with Micrsoft, or Nintendo thusly they added Spawn to the Xbox roster and Link to the Nintendo roster. Now then Tony M. from Vice City is a ROCKSTAR GAMES character who kills random people with guns not swords. Master Cheif is a BUNGIE character whom was not developed by NAMCO. Is all this sinking in?
My sentiments exactly... to a T. Do your homework...

If I ever meet you zero... i'll buy you a
Old 09-12-03, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by DLogic
My sentiments exactly... to a T. Do your homework...
Are there Action Replays codes for that?
Old 09-12-03, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
what the? do you even follow gaming? or do you just go out and buy games when they're shown on TV? can you explain to me how the hell they fit into a fighting game such as this? Shoot, by the way you're talking, you might as well add Mayor McCheese. Hell, you're probably wondering why they didn't use Mario or Donkey Kong for the GC version... just go... sit down... think of senseless things...
Jeez, there's no need to be so condescending. Some people play games to have fun, not so they can memorize obscure facts to belittle other people with.
Old 09-12-03, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I must say i would totally play as a Mayor McCheese. Although even better than that would be the Hamburglar - that guy was tough!
Old 09-12-03, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No way dude, Grimace would kick the *%^&# out of the Hamburglar. Sure, his arms are only 8 inches long, but he's a giant purple wrecking ball 'o destruction.
Old 09-12-03, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by joeblow69
Jeez, there's no need to be so condescending. Some people play games to have fun, not so they can memorize obscure facts to belittle other people with.
DLogic and zero: please read and re-read the above post.
Old 09-12-03, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Then why is Han fighting Chewie!??!

Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi
Old 09-12-03, 01:55 PM
Banned

MOD EDIT: Your entire post was deleted. No need to be calling a smart ass or a dick. Even in jest. -namja

Last edited by TOPDAWG; 09-12-03 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-12-03, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,210 Likes on 4,236 Posts
Originally posted by TOPDAWG
Also your whole theory of PSX2 and Xbox using Namco people is shot out the window by Link being in the GC one.
Precisely. It was a silly, pointless, spiteful comment that is better ignored.
Old 09-12-03, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

-mod snip-
Just a question here, do you always console bash when posting? And for the record Im having an awesome week .

Last edited by zero; 09-12-03 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-12-03, 05:57 PM
Banned

I'm surprised the PS2 version did so well since the reviews stated it had bad controls, unstellar graphics, and long load times
I don't know what reviews you were reading, because most of them said that the PS2 version had good controls.

As for the graphics, read IGN's comparison and you will see how close all 3 versions are. In fact, I when I go to gamestop and watch all three side by side, I can hardly tell the difference.
Old 09-12-03, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe the reason why Nintendo had the chance to work with Namco and place Link in was because for some time there was rumor that Nintendo was going to have SCII go Nintendo Exclusive only for a short time. they worked together throughout most of the early stages. the game got a bit more popular and they went to all the systems. Todd McFarlane has a hand in all this because his toy company has the rights for the game figures. to scratch each others back Todd designed Necrid and put up Spawn as an offer. Tekken's main ties with Namco really include time crisis and other Gun based games. so to bring in an exculsive I assume they just attached the character at the time of production that was hot. Tekken tag and tekken 4 were hot games at that stage.

Makes sense that Spawn is in there. link is in there because Namco and Nintendo had this in mind for some time. Diaper boy, as I like to call him, got on the PS2 version when talks about console exculsives were in talks and tekken was a hot item.

simple as that. Now which replay code do I get Mayor McCheese? I want a secret background with McGriddle ads all over it.

-mod snip-
Two thread craps don't make it smell any better. Your post will only fuel the flame war. it's best for someone to just walk away from it so that the flames of hate are put out and the thread can get some <3 again.
Old 09-13-03, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally don't think Master Chief would be a bad idea at all... I think Tommy Vercetti (GTA:VC) would be a little out of place.

(Tony Mottola is an old musician; Tommy Mottola is Mariah Carey's ex-husband and a music executive... I don't think either one of them would fit in the game. )
Old 09-13-03, 12:59 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

an important corresponding figure would be money spent on advertising for each version.

i know i saw almost exclusively commercials for gamecube version...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.