Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

New Gamecube Zelda Bundle

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-03, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You got it free for pre-ordering Wind Waker.. check your local Gamerape or EB.. they're charning $30 a pop for used ones.
Old 09-10-03, 02:01 PM

I just e-mailed Nintendo asking if the Zelda disc will be released separately. I'll let you know if they reply.
Old 09-10-03, 02:30 PM
lurkr4vr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it isn't I'm sure you could find it on ebay. It would definitely make sense to release it by itself though.

Keep us posted on what Nintendo says.
Old 09-10-03, 07:49 PM

I want a Game Cube.
And a PS2.
Old 09-10-03, 07:54 PM

The Slackers around here will have it for sale just like the bonus disc that came with windwaker
Old 09-10-03, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why does the Gamecube get all the cool bonus disks?

1. They love their fans

2. They badly need customers.

Either way...we both WIN!!!
Old 09-10-03, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

3. Nintendo has a long history of kick a$$ games where as Sony and certainly MS are limited because of their time in the market.
Old 09-11-03, 03:25 AM

Nintendo got back to me and - UGH - denied the existence of the upcoming Zelda bundle. At least they were quick to respond.

Thank you for contacting Nintendo. At this time, a Nintendo GameCube bundle as you described has not been announced for release. You never know what the future might hold, though, so keep checking our web site (www.nintendo.com) for the latest information.
Then a whole bunch of gibberish about the Nintendo website.

*Sigh*
Old 09-11-03, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, what did you expect? It's only been reported as a rumor at this point. Hopefully, if this is coming, they made note of your email at least to show people who already own Cubes would be interested in it.
Old 09-11-03, 09:40 AM
Retired

Originally posted by jeffdsmith
3. Nintendo has a long history of kick a$$ games where as Sony and certainly MS are limited because of their time in the market.
Not to mention that MS and Sony's first party game's (with a few exceptions) pretty much suck.
Old 09-11-03, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
Not to mention that MS and Sony's first party game's (with a few exceptions) pretty much suck.
Yep.
Old 09-11-03, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
I was going to agree with you but I tried thinking of game names (I know they're out there) but all I could think of were 1st party games I liked.. Gitaroo Man (Sony) and Project Gotham Racing (MS).. argh. My cynical nature is fading.
Old 09-11-03, 03:36 PM

Well I agree with your opinion(s) but I tread softly these days. I don't have a lot of time to debate back forth the merits of a certain manufactors definition of "quality". In addition I'm sure there are some titles out there... But no where near as many.

For those educated folks, I highly recommend reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maitinance. It has a great discussion on what "quality" is.

Last edited by jeffdsmith; 09-11-03 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-11-03, 03:42 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Have any reading recommendations for those of us with shit for brains?
Old 09-11-03, 03:44 PM

Originally posted by Groucho
Have any reading recommendations for those of us with shit for brains?
MAD magazine. Seriously.

It's a magazine that easily appeals to those with "shit for brains". The cool thing is they mix in a lot of modern issues in society and politics.

So even though you are having fun reading it and looking and the pretty pictures you are learning. No joking here.
Old 09-11-03, 03:52 PM
Doctorwho

UH OH! Someone said shit. You're not alloud to say shit on these forums. You can't say shit. Or type shit.

Halo is a decent first party game. And thats about it. But most third party games are on all systems, like splinter cell, metal gear, prince of persia, lotr, etc...

Right now I have zero systems and am really curious if they're going to price drop soon. Suddenly I have no patience. I'd rather be a price drop then a bundle though.

And remember dont type shit.
Old 09-11-03, 04:22 PM
Retired

Originally posted by jeffdsmith

It has a great discussion on what "quality" is.
For video games I consider quality to mean that the game is well made. I.E. it is good for what it's trying to be. I won't bash Morrowind or The Sims simply because I don't like the type of gameplay. They are quality games for their respective genres.

I will bash something like Tao Feng or the 989 sports games etc. because they are poorly made and can't compare to the quality games in their respective genre.
Old 10-02-03, 04:38 PM
Wag

Sorry to bring this thread out of the ether, but I was wondering if anyone had heard any new news about the Gamecube/Zelda bundle?

I don't have a GC yet, but had been thinking about taking the plunge. Especially since I have a streak going (NES, SNES, and N64 in the house). With the recent price drop and this Zelda bundle, I am thinking the time is now (well when it comes out, but you know what I mean).

Anything? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-02-03, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Once something breaks you WILL hear about it here.. and everywhere..
Old 10-02-03, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
My guess is that Nintendo wants to get people to buy the $99 Gamecube now instead of waiting for the Zelda bundle, so they're waiting to announce it... or the whole rumor was completely wrong (but I don't think so).
Old 10-03-03, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Possibly a bundle for X-mas.
Old 10-03-03, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

On the other hand, some games on the other consoles do come with bonuses, but they are with the game, not as a preorder bonus. Example:

Panzer Dragoon Orta comes with Panzer Dragoon 1
Ninja Gaiden will come with the old Ninja Gaiden games.
The Shenmue games have old Sega arcade games.
And Shemue II came with a bonus disc, the DVD movie.
.hack also came with a DVD movie.

But yeah as far as first party bonuses go, Nintendo has an edge.
Old 10-07-03, 12:30 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
UPDATE:

October 06, 2003 - Earlier this year, rumors ran rampant that Nintendo would release another Legend of Zelda bonus disc (similar to the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time pre-order bonus) that would contain several of the classic titles. But with no confirmation from Nintendo the rumors were discredited and all prospects of a Zelda compilation disc were forgotten.

However, Nintendo has recently released artwork to retailers depicting a Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition disc. The disc will feature The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and a demo of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. From the available artwork, it looks like this disc will be included as a pack in with new GameCubes, although we hope we'll also see it as a bonus for those who order The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords. While it most likely will be a straight port much like the Ocarina of Time disc, this is still a must have treat for all Zelda fans.

We'll update you with release date and how exactly to obtain as a copy as soon as the information is released. Meanwhile, check out the artwork yourself in our media pages below.
Old 10-07-03, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Good news. Where's that from? Ah, artwork is in the other thread. Cool
Old 10-07-03, 12:21 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Sorry, IGN.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.