Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Replacement manual?

Old 08-14-03, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Replacement manual?

Does anyone know of a free resource where I can replace manuals for games purchased without them?

I bought a bunch of games without manuals/covers at the last Blockbuster sale and while I have used the various cover resources to replace the covers, I have not had any luck at all with the manuals.

I have checked with the manufacturers, in their online FAQs, and it seems that only Capcom will sell you a replacement. Fair enough, but the $5 they want is more than I paid for the game.

I'm looking for manuals for Metal Gear Solid 2, Onimusha and Red Faction (yeah, they're all pretty old - not sure if that's in my favour or not).

Thanks.
Old 08-14-03, 01:07 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
You can find scans and typed-up versions of manuals on the internet by searching around. Be aware that this is a major PITA as it usually involves going through several questionable "TOP 100" sites that link back and forth to each other.

Another alternative is www.gamefaqs.com. You can usually find all you need there.