Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Madden 2004 Celebration Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-03, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madden 2004 Celebration Thread!!!

I woke up at 8 today and drove to my local EB to get my copy of Madden 2004 for the PS2. I was only able to play for an hour, but I liked what I saw.

The game play speed and graphics are similar to last year, but they now show replays while you choose your next play. I took a peak at the owner mode real quick, and got the impression that you have to pass the Training Camp mini-games before moving on to the season.

I also like that they allow you to customize the main menu screen based on your favorite team. The past couple of games gave me endless replay value, so I'm looking forward to seeing all of the in's and out's of the game.
Old 08-12-03, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 2004 Celebration Thread!!!

Originally posted by AXP 103
I took a peak at the owner mode real quick, and got the impression that you have to pass the Training Camp mini-games before moving on to the season.

its optional but you pick one person for each spot in training camp and you can earn more attribute points for them based on how you do. first round is a few points. you can then bet your points to try and do better to get more points or if you do worse you lose your points. (you cant go negative though) its a pretty good system.
Old 08-12-03, 01:11 PM
Suspended

I read in another forum that 2nd year players always win the ROY. Anybody have this problem?
Old 08-13-03, 01:03 AM
Banned

Some people are complaining that the Tampa Bay D is unfair. Right, TaTTooD?
Old 08-13-03, 06:29 AM

yeah...ummm....my copy is defective....lovely X-Box, every time I load up I get a "This Game is Dirty or Damaged" message every darn time, and GameStop probably will not take it back because I made one scratch while trying to wipe my disc off.
Old 08-13-03, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by evenflowddt

They suck!!
Old 08-13-03, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by El Talon Del Monstruo
yeah...ummm....my copy is defective....lovely X-Box, every time I load up I get a "This Game is Dirty or Damaged" message every darn time, and GameStop probably will not take it back because I made one scratch while trying to wipe my disc off.
I had that same problem with my copy of MVP Baseball. The disc was clean as could be too.
Old 08-13-03, 09:51 AM

I played a game against SF. Terrell Owens got a TD, and pulled out the Sharpie LOL
Old 08-13-03, 10:15 AM

Tell them the scratch was on the disc when you opened up the case and that was why the game would not work.
Old 08-13-03, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by evenflowddt

its the rams of last year. when only 2 guys are pass rushing and they get through 5 lineman in a matter of two seconds consistantly it gets rather old and lame. oh well.
Old 08-13-03, 01:20 PM
Cool New Member

My brother had this problem with Soldier of Fortune II. After getting about 3 different copies we figured out it was the X-box not the game that was defective. Hope this helps.
Old 08-13-03, 01:51 PM

Hi guys,
Is there a consensus on which version of Madden to get? I have a PS2 and a Cube. As far as exclusive "features" like online play on the PS2 and Gameboy Advance connectivity on the Cube, I most likely will not take advantage of either. I know most people prefer the PS2 controller, but I like both. It boils down to graphics, sound, load times, and gameplay. Which one is superior? Or are they identical? Thanks
Old 08-13-03, 05:18 PM
Banned

Got mine today. Great new clean interface and awesome new features and gameplay. I played one online game so far, fantastic. I beat my friend using the Bengals 20-3.
Old 08-13-03, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone know if you can turn the stats box off (the one that appears as the teams line up for the play)? I use the R2 button quite a bit and the damn box blocks most of the field.
Old 08-13-03, 05:48 PM
Banned

Originally posted by TaTTooD
its the rams of last year. when only 2 guys are pass rushing and they get through 5 lineman in a matter of two seconds consistantly it gets rather old and lame. oh well.
Let's see. 2 linemen have to block Warren Sapp or Booger McFarland. That leaves Simeon Rice, Greg SPires and either Sapp or McFarland one-on-one. One on one vs any of those guys? Good luck!
Old 08-13-03, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just walked in the door, it's out at Circuit City with the $10 gift card. I won't be reporting for some time baby!
Old 08-13-03, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm one of the "Couldn't wait for ESPN" guys. Not that I've ever had anything against Madden, but I had been just sticking with Sega since 2K since I really didn't want to invest a lot of time into learning a new system.

Wow, this is a tough game. A great game, awesome presentation. I absolutely love the Playmaker functions. But after watching five straight late-game possessions yeild three fumbles and two picks, I realize I'm going to have to invest more into learning how to play (or maybe the CPU really hates to lose). Good stuff, though.
Old 08-13-03, 10:07 PM
Banned

I just had the MOST.FRUSTRATING.ONLINE.GAME.EVER.

It was a defensive struggle between Tampa Bay and Miami. I (Tampa) lost 9-0. 6 turnovers including 3 fumbles! INT I accept but fumbles are unacceptable!!! 4 of those were on their side of the field.
But on the bright side, he didnt' score a TD and gained less yards than me. On a side note: NO ONE DRIVES 80 YARDS + FOR A TD ON TAMPA BAY, EVER! Anyone of you guys can try and you will probably fail to do so.
Old 08-13-03, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Play seems much more realistic overall, more realistic running lanes(but hard to break the long ones so far), and no more 15 yard drops to pass, the pocket has a lot more integrity. My only gripes:

-the buttons to press on the recievers names(R1, R2, L1, L2, X, square, triangle, circle) are all too big and it's hard to get a quick read on the names of who you're throwing to.

-awful menu screens

But seems like a winner. Play is more fluid, funner and it's a big improvement having replays on the menu screen.
Old 08-13-03, 11:31 PM

well apparently it was my X-Box that was shot, so my brother bought a new one...and the game works

so now I am stuck with a copy for PS2 thats only been used once

anyone have interest? (money of course)....or if not, how much do you think I can get at like EB or Gamestop or something.
Old 08-13-03, 11:31 PM

Originally posted by Mad Dawg
But after watching five straight late-game possessions yeild three fumbles and two picks, I realize I'm going to have to invest more into learning how to play (or maybe the CPU really hates to lose). Good stuff, though.
I'm a Madden vet, so I think I play pretty well, and I had the same issues tonight as well. I was playing the Saints, who were controlled by the CPU, and, as of 10 mins left in 3rd quater, I had 1 INT and 1 FUMB while the Saints also picked me off 1 time and caused a fumble. At the end of the game my team, the Eagles, had 8 INTS and 1 FUMB REC. The Saints has 5 INT's and 1 FUMB. Sheldon Brown, who is the Eagles #4 corner had 4 picks and 1 TD. Bobby Taylor had 2 picks and 2 TD's, 3rd corner Lito Sheppard had 1 pick and backup LB Keith Adams had 1 pick. So, in about 30 minutes there were 11 INT's. I think the CPU does really hate to use. Other than this I think the game is phenominal!
Old 08-14-03, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

anyone have interest? (money of course)....or if not, how much do you think I can get at like EB or Gamestop or something.

gamestop has a 30 day - $30 guarantee on trade-ins

(at least on games that are generally full price....$50)
Old 08-14-03, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

well apparently it was my X-Box that was shot, so my brother bought a new one...and the game works

so now I am stuck with a copy for PS2 thats only been used once

ygm
Old 08-14-03, 10:30 AM

i just wanna say that I LOVE THE MINI CAMP!!! it's so much fun that I've really only played a full game maybe twice...
Old 08-14-03, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by dasmooth1
i just wanna say that I LOVE THE MINI CAMP!!! it's so much fun that I've really only played a full game maybe twice...
Yeah, me too. Of course, mini-camp is where I go if I get tired of the CPU coming back on 28-0 scores because I fumble the ball during every drive. But I still love the game.

*deep, soothing breaths*

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.