Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NCAA 2k4?

Old 07-14-03, 08:09 PM

NCAA 2k4?

Did a search and didnt see anything about this...so here goes..

Anybody know if they are planning on doing a NCAA College Football 2k4? I have found information on 2k4 pro football, basketball, college basketball and Hockey...but no College Football. What gives? I am trying to decide whether or not to buy NCAA 2004, but the existence of 2k4 is definately a factor as I feel that the sega sports ones are better...but if they are not releasing one then I will certainly get 2004.

Any insights? Thanks
Old 07-14-03, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wouldn't wait to find out. EA beat the pants off Sega last year and this year's version is said to be even better.

Last edited by Kellehair; 07-14-03 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-14-03, 09:01 PM
Old 07-14-03, 09:04 PM

Those links are for EA 2004...I am wondering if Sega Sports(ESPN) College Football 2k4 actually exists or not...unless of course you are just trying to sway me into forgetting about 2k4 and just getting EA 2004
Old 07-14-03, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ah I figured since the title of the thread was NCAA 2004, you were asking for NCAA 2004 which is what everyone uses to refer to NCAA Football 2004
Old 07-14-03, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I had read in one of the gaming mags that they were not, that they were taking a year off - not sure if it's true or not, but it would appear to be.
Old 07-15-03, 01:41 AM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Daryl
I had read in one of the gaming mags that they were not, that they were taking a year off - not sure if it's true or not, but it would appear to be.
I believe I read the same thing somewhere.

DAC
Old 07-15-03, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Re: NCAA 2k4?

Originally posted by ween
Did a search and didnt see anything about this...so here goes..

Anybody know if they are planning on doing a NCAA College Football 2k4? I have found information on 2k4 pro football, basketball, college basketball and Hockey...but no College Football. What gives? I am trying to decide whether or not to buy NCAA 2004, but the existence of 2k4 is definately a factor as I feel that the sega sports ones are better...but if they are not releasing one then I will certainly get 2004.

Any insights? Thanks
If you haven't heard about it yet, I doubt it'll be coming out this year. It normally comes out a week or so after the EA NCAA game.
Old 07-15-03, 12:42 PM
Banned

The Sega NCAA football games suck, they are nothing like their NFL counterparts. I'm not surprised they aren't not releasing them this year. They would have been killed sales-wise by the EA series anyway.
Old 07-15-03, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sega is not doing one this year. If they will next year is hard to say. They will have NFL2k4 out later this year. And by early comparisons, Madden is edging it out again in most categories, EXCEPT XBL!!