Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Question for Vice City (pc) gurus

Old 07-14-03, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Question for Vice City (pc) gurus

Is it possible for me to make a copy of a saved game file, send it to someone, have them play a mission, save it after the mission is over, send it back, and it work on mine like the mission is beat? Cause I am in dire need of some help. Im so pissed at that Demolition man mission that ive almost stopped playing the game. I need help. Is this possible?
Old 07-14-03, 02:40 AM

In short, yes it is possible.
Old 07-14-03, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Have you beat that level? If so do you think you could beat it again?
Old 07-14-03, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If that is the level with the RC helicopter, I had a hard time with that level too. The fix for me was to re-map the keys (assuming you are playing on a PC) just for that one level so that it was as easy as possible for me to fly. Then, before I picked up the first bomb (which starts the timer) I flew around inside building, taking my time, and killing all of the people inside one by one with the helicopter blades. Once the building was clear, I flew around and remembered exactly where all of the barrels were located, and then went and picked up my first bomb. Everything went very smoothly, and all that was left after blowing up the building was to map the keys back.
Old 07-14-03, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

How do I change the controls for the helicopter?
Old 07-15-03, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Goblincat
If that is the level with the RC helicopter, I had a hard time with that level too. The fix for me was to re-map the keys (assuming you are playing on a PC) just for that one level so that it was as easy as possible for me to fly. Then, before I picked up the first bomb (which starts the timer) I flew around inside building, taking my time, and killing all of the people inside one by one with the helicopter blades. Once the building was clear, I flew around and remembered exactly where all of the barrels were located, and then went and picked up my first bomb. Everything went very smoothly, and all that was left after blowing up the building was to map the keys back.
I've actually never thought of killing the guys first. Very nice!
Old 07-15-03, 12:32 PM

You can go ahead and email me the file. (Click the email button up there^ for my address.)

It's been awhile since I did that mission, and I remember not liking it much, but I did eventually pass it.

In case you don't know where the save files are located:

Look in: C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\My Documents\GTA Vice City User Files. In that folder you'll see a bunch of files named: GTAVCsf1.b, GTAVCsf2.b, GTAVCsf3.b...etc. through to GTAVCsf8.b. I'm pretty sure these are the save files, and that the numbers in their names correspond to your 8 save slots in the game. Send me the appropriate file, and I'll see if I can help.
Old 07-15-03, 10:58 PM

Here's your new and improved file:

http://home.comcast.net/~heatvision/GTAVCsf1.b

Btw, why is everybody in your city insane? They would all run across the street right in front of my car, everybody was shooting at or fighting with each other, and they were all pulling each other out of their cars.
Old 07-15-03, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh thats the riot code. Fun at first but a pain in the ascot cause you cant turn it off. Thank you very much for your help in this. I greatly appreciate it.