Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Is Interact out of business?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-03, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Is Interact out of business?

www.interact-acc.com has been a dead site for over a month... I'm trying to find contact info for them... like 800 numbers that work or something.
Old 07-02-03, 09:49 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now that you mention, it does seem like I've been seeing less Interact stuff around lately.

I haven't heard anything though.

It doesn't really matter to me. The only thing I ever buy third party is extension cables and plenty of companies make them.

Interact did actually make an SNES controller back in the the day that I liked better than Nintendo's though.
Old 07-02-03, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup Interact went out of business...
Old 07-02-03, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

that sucks.
Old 07-03-03, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 401 Likes on 301 Posts
didn't they get bought by someone? the Gameshark site used to be down for the longest time, then it was up again. I thought I heard like the people that make the Pro Action Replay bought them, or something.
Old 07-03-03, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope so - any working contact numbers for them?
Old 07-03-03, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My local EB is selling some Interact stuff for dirt cheap. They were selling the Shadowblade joystick for PS2 for $15 (original price when it was released was $60). They were also selling GC/GBA link cables from Interact for $2 and digital optical cables from Interact (which are actually made by Acoustic Research) for $2.
Old 07-03-03, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I believe MadCatz bought them. I dunno if that is the same company that makes the PAR. There are some contact emails on the jobs section of the Gameshark site. Perhaps they can help you get the info you need?

http://www.gameshark.com/jobs.html
Old 07-03-03, 12:17 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Interact went out of business 6-7 months ago. Recently another company bought them out (I think MadCatz, or the compant who makes Action Replays).
Old 07-03-03, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by GizmoDVD
Recently another company bought them out (I think MadCatz, or the compant who makes Action Replays).
Isn't that basically what I just said, lol
Old 07-04-03, 01:28 PM

To clear up some confusion, yep Mad Catz bought out the Gameshark brand from Interact.

http://gamenews.pcvsconsole.com/view.php?news=1633

Datel is the company behind Pro Action Replay. It's funny. Datel was Interact's supplier of the gameshark.. but Interact dropped them or something because they kept delaying the GC/XBOX release of Gameshark.

Now, Datel has the market with the Pro Action Replay, and basically is the same as the Gameshark. Same codes and all.

I wonder what Mat Catz's plans are.
Old 07-04-03, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So Gameshark is what got sold? What about Interact? I have a controller that I want support for.
Old 07-04-03, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

More specifically - I have 2 PowerPad Pro controllers for my Xbox... I love em, but they are now broken. One just won't work at all - the system no longer recognizes it and the other has D-pad problems. I don't mind buying a few more - cuz they're cheap. I'd just like InterAct to replace them. I figured if I bitched enough and to the right people, they'd do it - replacing them with ones that they've tested. Bleh.
Old 07-04-03, 01:54 PM

I have no clue what you can do. Interact's console accessories site seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.

SInce they are subsidiary of Recoton Corp. goto http://www.recoton.com

Maybe you can send them an email as to what to do. There's an Interact link on Recoton's site, but it directs you to Interact's PC site. There's a link off of that to Interact's accessories' site but of course that is dead. :P
Old 07-05-03, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the help... I went to Best Buy today and picked up 3 of the PowerPad pros - 2 of them were the starter pack with an extension cord and an 8mb memory card on clearance for cheaper than the regular one. They seemed to think that they were going to continue to receive them - They knew about Interact being bought out too. These three all work so far.

I also picked up Pelican's wireless controller. It's badass. It's about the size of an S controller and has the rumble feature... move over wavebird.
Old 07-05-03, 10:23 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Trigger

I also picked up Pelican's wireless controller. It's badass. It's about the size of an S controller and has the rumble feature... move over wavebird.
How's the sensitivity of the analog stick on it? I have a wired pelican controller for the GC and the analog stick isn't quite as sensitive as the first party ones making games that require super precise control (like Super Monkey Ball) unplayable with it.

Also is it possible to turn the rumble feature off? I don't really care for rumble and in a wireless controller it will kill the batteries much quicker.

I'm mainly curious b/c I think Pelican makes a wireless PS2 controller and I'd like to get a wireless controller for that system.
Old 07-05-03, 01:28 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
The Pelican Wireless for Xbox rules... I have two of them. The ones for the Gamecube arn't very good at all... Stick wih the Wavebird.
Old 07-05-03, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
How's the sensitivity of the analog stick on it? I have a wired pelican controller for the GC and the analog stick isn't quite as sensitive as the first party ones making games that require super precise control (like Super Monkey Ball) unplayable with it.

Also is it possible to turn the rumble feature off? I don't really care for rumble and in a wireless controller it will kill the batteries much quicker.

I'm mainly curious b/c I think Pelican makes a wireless PS2 controller and I'd like to get a wireless controller for that system.
So far the wireless Pelican is awesome... I can't speak for the PS2 version though. I do know that Pelican makes crappy controllers normally... I have 2 for the xbox now that I like though. Madcatz and Logitec make good products - go seek out the logitec wireless controller for your PS2 if you wanna be sure.