Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

How long will the NGage last? Place your bets here.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

How long will the NGage last? Place your bets here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-03, 11:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just don't see anything good happening for this system. You are asking people to carry around a huge cell phone (80's Style) in order to play videogames. Some will buy, but not enough for it to catch on. Anyone else think this is way too similar to the Red Ruby (or whatever that system was called)?
Old 05-25-03, 04:37 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Im still surprised that people think the PSP will compete for the SP. For a handheld system that will most likley cost over $200 and not be out for another year and a half...
Old 05-25-03, 05:00 PM
Banned

I love how people keep making assumptions about the price when no one but Sony knows what the PSP even is. Me saying that the PSP will only be $20 is just as valid as saying it will be over $200. Wasn't this thread about N-Gage anyway?
Old 05-25-03, 05:19 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Josh, it is about the N-Gage. However, the N-Gage will be entering the market with the SP, as well the PSP. Were talking about how long it will last with both systems.
Old 05-25-03, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by GizmoDVD
Im still surprised that people think the PSP will compete for the SP. For a handheld system that will most likley cost over $200 and not be out for another year and a half...
I think Sony's a little more market-savvy than that. Even when the Playstation 2 was way ahead of all the other consoles, when the competitors cut their price, so did Sony. It stands to reason that would price their underdog product competitively.
Old 05-25-03, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Everybody seems to have forgotten, this phone will be subsidized by the phone companies just like all other cell phones. It won't cost anywhere near $300 if you are getting new service or upgrading current phone.

In saying that, I still don't think it will last very long.
Old 05-26-03, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
If they remove the phone function from the unit and change the button configuration, that might save this item from a complete disaster... otherwise, it's doomed.