Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

New Zelda to be shown at E3?

Old 05-05-03, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

New Zelda to be shown at E3?

We all know (or should know) that Capcom has been working on a new Gameboy Advance Zelda since before development of the Link to the Past port, and should be right around the corner.

So will this new game be shown at E3?

I think it will.. and will probably be my most wanted game from the show. Even after playing through Wind Waker twice, I still hold Link to the Past as the best game in the series, so hopefully what we'll be seeing is another SNES style Zelda game using some of the newer gameplay elements (such as more puzzle elements in dengeons, etc). The people that have played the Oracle games know that Capcom can do this right, and if the graphics are on par with what they used in the Four Swords mini-game, this is going to be one hell of a game.
Old 05-05-03, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Potentionally very schweet!
Old 05-05-03, 02:37 PM
Retired

Should rock. I think it will be shown as well.

I need to get around to finishing Oracle of Seasons. I finished Ages, and got about half way through Seasons but haven't touched it in months. The dungeon I'm in is a pain. The boss is tough, and it takes 5 or 10 minutes to get back to him after dying. Poor design IMO. But nevertheless the Oracle games are awesome. I'd rank them right behind Link to the Past, OOT and Wind Waker.
Old 05-05-03, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A new GBA Zelda game will be great.

On a completely and totally unrelated note, I move that this thread title be appended with "GBA" to avoid any confusion or unwarranted excitement
Old 05-06-03, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Capcom did an awesome job with the Zelda: Oracles games. I had Seasons myself and loved it. I'm anxiously awaiting to see this game at E3.
Old 05-06-03, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hopefully they don't decide to halve the number of dungeons and fill the game with hundreds off asanine mini-games.

Nintendo Exec: Wow this "Wind Waker" game is spectacular! Amazing!! We're sure to win Game of the Year again. Wow.. I have a GREAT idea that will make it BETTER!! Let's cut out 2 of the dungeons!!