Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Enter The Matrix: Will it Deliver?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-03, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Enter The Matrix: Will it Deliver?

Since Enter The Matrix is coming out this month do you all think it will deliver the goods or be a poor movie to game transfer. So far it has gotten a fairly mixed response. The story should be entertaining, but the actual gameplay might fall short. What are your thoughts?
Old 05-01-03, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most likely it will be fun but not long. I know that they didn't want a very tough game- anyone young or old can come in, mash some buttons, and do kick ass stuff. Everyone can then expierence the game/new footage.

From what I've read, I think this will finally prove that Dave Perry's Messiah technology isn't that great. It's not bad by no means, but even with his dynamic level of detail engine, his games don't seem to be THAT optimized.

The game looks alright, but definitely not outstanding, especially with the vehicle missions.

I think most reviews will give it a 7/10 (Gamespot not IGN's boosted score), which is fine for me!

I've already preordered and I can't wait to add into my MAtrix collection.
Old 05-01-03, 06:24 PM
Retired

Given how involved the directors were, it should be pretty good.

EA's LOTR:TTT restored my faith that a movie based game can be decent.

I figure this game will be in the same mold, a little shallow in the gameplay department, but still fun (especially for big fans of the movie).
Old 05-01-03, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't have high hopes but I think anything Matrix related will still excite me. I had it preordered but cancelled due to a lack of funds this month. ( Muppet action figures )

But I just traded a ton of stuff at Babbages and preordered the XBOX version plus the Matrix figures and boxed set.

The graphics look so so but I'm all over the 1 hour of footage and those amazing moves. The driving and flying missions will be the things I hate the most but the rest of it looks like fun. The hacking looks like fun.

I've heard over @ GameFAQs that the only multiplayer portion of the game will be an unlockable training simulation. Better than no multiplayer I guess.
Old 05-01-03, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
If you want to play as NEO or relive the movie I'm sure you will not be all that pleased. the story as you all know takes place as a side story to the film.

The simple fact that it has hours of footage NOT in the film is something I'm going to buy it for.
Old 05-01-03, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm guessing most people would rather play as Neo and play through the key action sequences of the movie - so why do they make us play as these side characters?

Come on, give the people what they want - who cares about the integrity and continuity of the story - they do the same thing with *some* of the Star Wars games, trying to keep their precious "world" intact - and then the next minute they have Han Solo fighting Chewie in a 3D fighting game... and who even remembers that game? Masters of Teriyaki?

If they would let us play as the main characters, this might almost be as good as "Red Heat" for the Amiga 500...
Old 05-01-03, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm all for playing as the other people. Maybe at one point they will give us a Matrix game where we can be Neo but remember this is the first game out of 3 they want to do. We might get lucky in the next two.
Old 05-01-03, 08:20 PM
Retired

I actually prefer the side story aspect. That way the storyline will give you more incentive to play.

If you just played as Neo and it mirrored the movie, you'd have no desire to "find out what happens next" if you've already seen the movie.
Old 05-01-03, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well, i'm not expecting much of a game at all... i hope that i am wrong and i will buy it if the word of mouth is excellent.
Old 05-01-03, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts
lately video games based on movies have been pretty good. Indiana Jones, Spiderman, LoTR: tTT etc. so I think this one will be pretty good. probably a simple games but still a lot of fun.
Old 05-02-03, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Rule of thumb on this is the more money they have to spend on rights licenses and such, the less money they spend on making the game cool. Thankfully, there's been a few games that have broken that mold. I'm hopeful, but not too enthusiastic. It's near the bottom of my list of games to check out at E3.
Old 05-02-03, 01:08 AM

Originally posted by ^sam^
I'm guessing most people would rather play as Neo and play through the key action sequences of the movie - so why do they make us play as these side characters?

Come on, give the people what they want - who cares about the integrity and continuity of the story - they do the same thing with *some* of the Star Wars games, trying to keep their precious "world" intact - and then the next minute they have Han Solo fighting Chewie in a 3D fighting game... and who even remembers that game? Masters of Teriyaki?

If they would let us play as the main characters, this might almost be as good as "Red Heat" for the Amiga 500...

Thanks for throwing that obscure game out there , I meant to buy that off ebay and forgot
Old 05-02-03, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
I pre-orderd it, and am anxiously awaiting the game. If it ends up sucking royally I can always take it back
Old 05-02-03, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well i hope it turns out to be great. Im a big Matrix nut i dont wanna be dissapointed. But i have faith itll be a decent experience atleast. With all that extra footage not seen in the movie and the Bonus Disc im getting for pre-ordering it, im already happy!
Old 05-02-03, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
I'm on the fence about buying it......... I want to see the footage...but I dont really care about the game.
Old 05-02-03, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm waiting for the reviews. From what I've seen and heard about it so far, it doesn't look like much better than a mediocre title.

Jeremy
Old 05-02-03, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

IGN has some impressions up, but they said they had to sign a non disclosure agreement. That either means its middle of the road or might be good. They pretty much beat around the bush because of that so you can't tell exactly how they felt about it. I really want this game to be good though so I'm hoping it will pull it off. So far it hasn't looked that interesting, but after I see the The Matrix Reloaded I'll probably want another fix of The Matrix anyway so who knows, i'll probably rent it.
Old 05-02-03, 03:30 PM
Banned

Its really a side story? Ugh. I'm sorry but I'd rather play as Trinity kicking police butt and jumping rooftops or Neo blowing away guys in the lobby. I don't play videogames for stories.
Old 05-03-03, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm hoping this game will be cool because of the extra footage. If nothing else, I'll rent it to check out the 720p gameplay.
Old 05-03-03, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by lesterlong
I don't play videogames for stories.
I can't imagine how you watch movies then.
Old 05-03-03, 06:38 PM
Banned

Originally posted by zero
I can't imagine how you watch movies then.
Apples and oranges buddy.
Old 05-05-03, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by goLUCKY
I'm on the fence about buying it......... I want to see the footage...but I dont really care about the game.
Pretty much exactly how I feel...
Old 05-05-03, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Amazon is giving a free bonus dvd if you buy from them. Although they are charging me tax now which sucks.
Old 05-05-03, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
The movies on IGN showed some pretty kick ass fighting. I really liked that aspect of the Buffy game. Even if the graphics were a little rough, you could pull off such cool fights.

That's the only reason I'm going to check out Enter the Matrix.
Old 05-05-03, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm a huge fan of The Matrix, and I just happened to have a $53 credit for GameStop, so I preordered it. I want it mainly for the story. Anything to further the story from the Matrix films I'd find interesting, so I imagine I will be happy. Guess I'll find out on the 15'th though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.