Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

What E3 game are you looking forward to most?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

What E3 game are you looking forward to most?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-03, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sly Cooper : I can't believe more people didn't buy the first one. This is about as deep a game as you'll find on the PS2. I'm looking forward to the sequal.
I have to agree on this one. I beat it with my 4 year old son helping some. I have to say that I think this is better than Ratchet & Clank.

As far as a list goes I really don't have one. It seems to me that E3 is pretty much a place to put whatever developers want whether it will ever be released doesn't really matter. Not to mention that so many games blow people away at each E3 and then many turn out to suck. Of course I'll still be watching the game sites to see what pops up though.
Old 04-24-03, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can't wait for Viewtiful Joe and PS2 Castlevania impressions.

Everything else is a distant second.
Old 04-24-03, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 162 Posts
F-Zero
Castlevania (PS2)
MGS 3
Old 04-24-03, 01:08 PM
Banned

My friends and i won 2 gbas when we went once. the trick is to get as many friends to go and do it all together.

They have like tshirts, magazines, putty, cds, squishy crap, BOXING NUNS!, and then like little toys. Some are hard to find so if u see someone with something just ask them where they got it.
Tony Hawk will be there once again!
Old 04-24-03, 03:26 PM

In the latest issue of Nintendo Power, on the last page where they preview the next issue, it shows a silhouette of adult Link with the title "E3 Preview: Massive Surprises", and next to it, " The Shape of Things to Come".

Whatever they're hinting at, that's what I'm most excited about.

Or maybe it's just a reference to Link being in the new Soul Caliber... in that case, Mario 128.
Old 04-24-03, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

With all games having an equal showing (being playable or not), which is of course an impossibility, I'd have to say Fable. I've been dying for some real gameplay footage for two years now, and it should be interesting to see what the gameplay is like.
Behind that, BC and Halo 2.
Behind those games, whatever Nintendo/Miyamato have up their sleeves, particularly a new Mario game.
Behind that, Dragon Hearts (the ICO team's supposed next game).
Behind that, Half-Life 2, Thief 3, Deus Ex 2, Mario Kart, Psychonauts, etc etc.....can't really think of much else at this point. There are tons of games I'm looking forward to seeing, and the best part of the show is always the surprises.

Last edited by tha_dvd_man; 04-24-03 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-24-03, 04:28 PM

Sly Cooper : I can't believe more people didn't buy the first one. This is about as deep a game as you'll find on the PS2.
I didn't buy it, I rented it. And I'm glad I did. The stealth elements were little more than superficial, the gameplay mechanics and structure were highly derivative and quickly became boring, and the level design was way too linear for my taste. I also didn't care for the floaty feel of the controls, especially after playing Mario Sunshine.

Needless to say, this game really disappointed me.
Old 04-24-03, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Question (probably a stupid one). When and where is E3?
Old 04-24-03, 07:20 PM

Answer (probably a right one). May 13th through 16th in LA.
Old 04-26-03, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Halo 2
Anything STAR WARS
F- Zero
Metal Gear Solid 3
Madden 2004
Old 04-26-03, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
Originally posted by The Franchise
Driver 3 and Metal Gear Solid 3. Have you guys seen the alleged PS2 screen shots at IGN? Freakin' hell they look amazing!!
What MGS3 pics? Do you have a link?
Old 04-26-03, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by tha_dvd_man
I didn't buy it, I rented it. And I'm glad I did. The stealth elements were little more than superficial, the gameplay mechanics and structure were highly derivative and quickly became boring, and the level design was way too linear for my taste. I also didn't care for the floaty feel of the controls, especially after playing Mario Sunshine.

Needless to say, this game really disappointed me.
You have to remember that Sly Cooper is not a "true stealth" game like Metal Gear Solid, Tenchu or Splinter Cell. It has stealth elements but at its core it's still a platformer.

I'm anxious to see these alleged MGS3 screenshots too.
Old 04-27-03, 12:57 AM

Originally posted by Captain Harlock
You have to remember that Sly Cooper is not a "true stealth" game like Metal Gear Solid, Tenchu or Splinter Cell. It has stealth elements but at its core it's still a platformer.

I'm anxious to see these alleged MGS3 screenshots too.
I'd say it isn't a "true stealth" game in any sense. It's just various traditional platformer obstacles made to look like 'stealth' gameplay. At its core, it was nothing but an extremely derivative and linear platformer, and that really bothered me.

Last edited by tha_dvd_man; 04-27-03 at 02:51 AM.