Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Resident Evil Online

Old 04-11-03, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Resident Evil Online

I just bought the new issue of PSM and it came with a DVD with some game trailers, one of them being the trailer for Resident Evil Online. It looks pretty awesome and seems like its gonna be a great experience. Ive got one question though? For those of you who know about this game, will this be only Online? Is it playable offline by yourself? People are saying only Online but i think it'll be interesting offline as well.
Old 04-11-03, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I read this week on an RE forum that there will be an offline version included.
Old 04-12-03, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by KingSmoth
I read this week on an RE forum that there will be an offline version included.
Really, i hope so. Altough the main focus of this game obviously is that its online, and im sure its gonna be great online, but im just not into gaming online. So i hope they make it just as enjoyable playing solo.
Old 04-12-03, 10:41 AM
Banned

wait till you guys hear this. this game will suck i had high hopes for it until i found out that online theres 8 people right and 4 people are real and 4 are computers and you dont know whos a real person and whos a computer because the person names arent on top of there heads. you cant use the key board and theres no voice chat feature.it pisses me off cause i was looking forward to this.wait for syphon filter online on ps2.
Old 04-13-03, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"Capcom producer Yoshihiro Sudo has confirmed new details regarding Resident Evil Online, the long awaited network compatible installment in Capcom's popular action-horror series. Reportedly, the game will make its playable debut at this year's E3 Expo (Electronic Entertainment Expo) in Los Angeles this May. While online servers will support hundreds of simultaneous games, a maximum of four-players per game will be set. According to Sudo-san, Capcom has been working on reducing the size of the game's story in order to meet technical requirements. The finished version will support the PlayStation 2 network adapter, allowing for both narrowband and broadband play. While there will be several new items and weapons in Resident Evil Online, the focus of the gameplay will be on cooperative fighting against dozens of enemies. Despite its focus on network play, a single player mode is expected to appear in the finished version. In addition, players can expect competitive online rankings incorporating completion times and enemy kill statistics."
Old 04-13-03, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

to you KingSmoth! So there is a single player mode after all, thats good news. I hope its as exciting as playing online.