Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wsb 3k Glitch

Old 04-02-03, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wsb 3k Glitch

Ok, so I'm the Yankees playing the Twins in season mode. Jorge Posada pulls up lame running to first (he was safe) and the screen says he's out for 1 day. When prompted, I replace him with Chris Widger. Much to my surprise, when gameplay resumes, Widger is not on first base--but there are still no outs and Raul Mondesi is up. Weird.
Old 04-02-03, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
You've already got a copy of WSB 3K.
Old 04-02-03, 08:20 AM

I have had the same thing happen to me while playing with the Red Sox...Of course, I am playing 2K3! ;-)
Nik
Old 04-02-03, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,027 Likes on 4,115 Posts
Originally posted by darkside
You've already got a copy of WSB 3K.
Yeah, It's just like WSB 2K, but now you get to manage the garbage disposal after the game as well!

btw: That's a Sim City joke for those of you going right now.
Old 04-02-03, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Wsb 3k Glitch

Originally posted by Kromax
Ok, so I'm the Yankees playing the Twins in season mode. Jorge Posada pulls up lame running to first (he was safe) and the screen says he's out for 1 day. When prompted, I replace him with Chris Widger. Much to my surprise, when gameplay resumes, Widger is not on first base--but there are still no outs and Raul Mondesi is up. Weird.
Yes, this error is in the Xbox version, but not the PS2 version. One of the people that worked on the game said a correct version was sent to MS, but they must have OKed the previous one with the error in it.

Best way around this is to save the game and restart the inning. Granted, Posada won't be hurt though.
Old 04-02-03, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, this error is in the Xbox version, but not the PS2 version. One of the people that worked on the game said a correct version was sent to MS, but they must have OKed the previous one with the error in it.
Is that really true? Nice quality control MS. There's a lot of things I want to say about this but I'll just leave it there.
Old 04-02-03, 06:54 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by Kellehair
Is that really true? Nice quality control MS. There's a lot of things I want to say about this but I'll just leave it there.
Hmm.... High Heat for PS2 had a glitch on it, while the Xbox verision had a corrected version of it. Nice quality control Sony!
Old 04-02-03, 08:55 PM
Mod Emeritus

BTW my point is, all consoles sometimes release games earlier than they should, it doesn't say much about quality control at all really. It just happens. Sony and MS know the great games shouldn't be rushed so they take time of those. Stuff llike WSB and HH, which are patchable via the Internet, aren't that big a deal compared to Halo 2 or SOCOM 2.
Old 04-03-03, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Kellehair
Yes it is true. Go over to the Operation Sports forums and you should find a post by Fat Pitcher (the person who worked on WSB2K3) talking about this. There is also a player that is black that is actually white in real-life in the Xbox version as well...heh.

MS evidentally decided to not QC approve the second one as they had already supposedly approved the first one. *shrug*
Old 04-03-03, 01:52 PM

Still The BEST BASEBALLL GAME EVER. Nuff Said.