Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Mechassault LIVE, Recent Changes

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-03, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mechassault LIVE, Recent Changes

I noticed Friday that LIVE did an update. While playing I noticed that when another mech explodes, the damage you get from the blast radius has increased as well as it seems that you can't get away from it like before. I don't mind it as I'll just have to not get so close when in combat.

The other thing I noticed that has changed (this has me very PO'd) is that you can't join a game straight from the friends list. The only way you can join from the friends list is if one of your friends is the host of the game. There's no way of knowing which friend is hosting it without sending out a shipload of invites.
Old 03-11-03, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,650 Likes on 1,031 Posts
I haven't been on in a few weeks. But I only have a few close friends that I play with. One of them always hosts the game and invites all of us in.

What is the difference now? That's the only way I use my friends list so I am confused.
Old 03-11-03, 07:21 PM

The old way and quickest way of joining a game with friends was to check the friends list, hi-lite the friends name (even if he isn't the host) and the option of "Join Game" would be there along with "Remove Friend" option.

Then you could just join the game without having to wait for an invite.

But now you have to wait for either the invite or know exactly who of your friends is actually hosting the game.

Last edited by WOWZY; 03-11-03 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-12-03, 02:13 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
did they fix the PPC homing feature? (it shouldnt be 'guided' like a missle)
Old 03-12-03, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

People cry about the madcat all the time. Too bad it is beatable if you practice

capt
Old 03-12-03, 09:57 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think anyone is saying that Madcats aren't beatable. It's just that taking a Mech with really thick armor and giving it TWIN HOMING PPCs OF DEATH is a little bit much. I don't recall them homing that much in the single player game.
Old 03-13-03, 06:23 PM

I tried the Madcat out for a little while, but it didn't seem challenging enough and seemed to take little skill to pilot so I moved to the Ymir and now I like piloting the Bowman because it takes some skill to hit a person with Warhammers.

I wish they would take away the Target Jam defense away from the Madcat and give it to the Timberwolf.