Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Communicating to other EQOA players?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-03, 11:07 AM
Li

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Communicating to other EQOA players?

Hey, I ordered the "Buy the network adaptor and get EQOA free" deal yesterday from EB, and was wondering how you'd communicate with other players while playing (since there's no voice communicator like with XBox Live)? Do you need to buy a PS2 keyboard (if one even exists)?

Last edited by Li; 03-05-03 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-05-03, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
There's some built in sayings, and an on-screen keyboard, or you can buy a USB keyboard (I paid $15 for one at Best Buy). Worst thing about this is it costs more for a USB extension (so I can sit on the couch and still use it) then it did for the keyboard.

I only played the game for about two days, myself, before I remembered how much I hate EQ, and cancelled my account (I think I still have some of my free month, but I've got better games to play) so it was a waste for me. I'm sure, though, I'll use the keyboard sometime in the future, so I don't mind that part of the expense.
Old 03-05-03, 01:50 PM
Li

Originally posted by Ginwen

I only played the game for about two days, myself, before I remembered how much I hate EQ, and cancelled my account.
So I take it you've some experience with the PC EQ? Are you just tired of it or did you hate it from the start?

So you can cancel your subscription after the first month if you find out that the game's not for you?

If so, since I'm getting the game free, I guess there's no harm in trying it out. I just hope that if I don't find enjoyment in the game, I'll be able to (or want to) use the adaptor in the future

Last edited by Li; 03-05-03 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-05-03, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Li, try it for yourself and make your own decision. Some people like that type of game, and some don't. I personally have played EQ on the PC for over 4 years and still think it's the best MMORPG on the market.

If you like it, then great, if you don't then oh well, you didn't pay for the game, right?
Old 03-05-03, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts
I thought the first month of EQ would be free because you just made the purchase. Do you have to pay the monthly fee immediately with EQOA?

PAL
Old 03-05-03, 04:31 PM
Li

Originally posted by ~~ PAL ~~
I thought the first month of EQ would be free because you just made the purchase. Do you have to pay the monthly fee immediately with EQOA?

PAL
I think what happens is you give them a credit card number from the start, but they don't start charging you until the second month.
Old 03-05-03, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts
Ok, that's better. Which means, if for whatever reason you decided not to continue playing EQ after the 1st free month, you shouldn't get charged for the monthly fee.
Old 03-06-03, 05:06 AM

Which usb keyboards did you guys buy for this game? I'm looking for a cheap small keyboard that i can easily place in my lap.
Old 03-06-03, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Could someone list out what classes/races are available in EQOA? Just curious to see how it compares to the PC version. Thanks.
Old 03-06-03, 05:15 PM
Li

Originally posted by stingo
Could someone list out what classes/races are available in EQOA? Just curious to see how it compares to the PC version. Thanks.
Off of Tech TV's Extended Play review: "Players begin by choosing their on-screen persona, picked from nine different character races. There are two types of human in addition to halfling, gnome, erudite, dwarf, elf, dark elf, barbarian, and troll. There are also 14 different character classes including wizard, druid, shaman, shadow knight, paladin, monk, rogue, bard, cleric, enchanter, necromancer, magician, ranger, and warrior."

What's your favorite race/ character class?
Old 03-06-03, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Li
Off of Tech TV's Extended Play review: "Players begin by choosing their on-screen persona, picked from nine different character races. There are two types of human in addition to halfling, gnome, erudite, dwarf, elf, dark elf, barbarian, and troll. There are also 14 different character classes including wizard, druid, shaman, shadow knight, paladin, monk, rogue, bard, cleric, enchanter, necromancer, magician, ranger, and warrior."

What's your favorite race/ character class?
My main is a 54 Ogre Shadow Knight in the pc version... And yours? I notice the Beastlord is absent, though that's a newer class in eq pc as well.
Old 03-07-03, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally posted by Li
So I take it you've some experience with the PC EQ? Are you just tired of it or did you hate it from the start?

So you can cancel your subscription after the first month if you find out that the game's not for you?

If so, since I'm getting the game free, I guess there's no harm in trying it out. I just hope that if I don't find enjoyment in the game, I'll be able to (or want to) use the adaptor in the future
1. Yes, played for a year. Sometimes had a lot of fun. Spent too much time though. After I quit, played Dark Age of Camelot for about 6 months.

2. Yep, it didn't confirm when I cancelled, but when I tried to go in and cancel again, it said I already had, so I guess it worked.

3. You're getting it anyway, so you might as well try it out. Just don't get addicted and make the game your whole life (I'm not saying everyone does, just that many do--I didn't, but I still spent way too much time)