Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

$3 off used games at Blockbuster

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-03, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$3 off used games at Blockbuster

I made my weekly stop into Blockbuster today to see what they had for sale and I noticed they had a sale going on for their used games. The deal is $3 off all used games.

It's not much but it makes their $7 and $10 used games hot. I picked up All Star Baseball 2003 (GCN) for $4.28. I'm tempted to go back and pick up NBA 2K2 for the same price but I already have it for Dreamcast.

Of course, as with all Blockbuster games, YMMV with the quality of the games. I got lucky and got the manual with game.
Old 02-23-03, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i stopped in the other day, and got $3 off on 4 games. There wasn't a sign, but they took it off at the register

I got

NBA 2K2
All Star Baseball 2003
Legends of Wrestling
NCAA Football 2003

all for $23 total with tax
Old 02-23-03, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,180 Likes on 4,208 Posts
Wow, prices can vary store-to-store. Nothing at my local BB was under $19.99 before discount and some were more expensive than if you bought the games new. For example, Turok is priced at $24.99. What really pi$$ed me off though was they recently raised the price of NFS HP2 from $24.99 to $34.99 even though it wasn't selling. Looks like there's no rhyme or reason to their pricing.
Old 02-23-03, 01:16 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally posted by Decker
Wow, prices can vary store-to-store. Looks like there's no rhyme or reason to their pricing.
There is an incredible variance, even in stores within a mile of each other. I have found that the company owned stores generally have lower prices than the franchise stores.

I was able to get NCAA 2003 for the xbox for 6.99.
Old 02-23-03, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Trevor
There is an incredible variance, even in stores within a mile of each other. I have found that the company owned stores generally have lower prices than the franchise stores.

The same thing goes for selection. My hole in the ground town has two Blockbusters...one of them has a good selection of used games. The other has like 5 games...I'm referring to strictly Gamecube games, since that's what I have.

btw, does anyone know how long it takes for Blockbuster to lower prices on games? I've been eyeing Madden 2003 for about a month now and it's still at $20.
Old 02-23-03, 05:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how long does this sale go until
Old 02-24-03, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts
Not too much this time around. Which is actually good since I am strapped for cash. The only thing I found was:

Resident Evil for 15 plus 3 off but...the games were kinda scratched up and didn't have the instructions and didn't have a double disc case. So I passed. Still lookin' for this one....

I hate the stupid BBV that do not put the instructions in. The instructions are already designed to fit in their stupid proprietary cases yet many of them still chuck them away. Why?! This is one of those things that I think they do to purposely tick off their customers.
Old 02-24-03, 04:44 PM

I got NBA 2K (GCube) for 3.99 and Resident Evil 0 for 11.99!! That was a find! the box just said Resident Evil, so I had the guy open the box and sure enough..it was 0! Thanks guys, otherwsie I would have missed ou on this deal!
Old 02-24-03, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Trevor

I don't know I think my local store is a corporate store and their prices suck...