Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Crash Bandicoot 4 worth 10 bucks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-03, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crash Bandicoot 4 worth 10 bucks?

Ok, Circuit City has Crash Bandicoot 4 for the PS2 on sale for 10 bucks this week (well, ends on the 22nd).

Can anyone who actually owns this game tell me if it's worth even that? I know that when it first came out it had horrendous load times (which I witnessed), but supposedly they fixed that with the GH version.

Thanks..
Old 02-22-03, 01:23 AM

Honestly, I'm a big fan of platformer games, a fact a 25 year-old is not proud to admit, and I loved the first Crash Bandicoot back in the day but...I became bored with the series by Warped and Wrath is no exception. It would be strictly a rental for casual fans. It's too easy and too short. I beat the game in about 8 hours not including all the collecting BS that quickly gets old. I would recommend Ty the Tasmanian Tiger or possibly Pac-man World 2 for a good platforming experience that really provides a challenge. Or if you have a DC, it's worth it to seek out Super Magnetic Neo, a game that was clearly inspired by Crash but surpasses it nearly every way. A challenging must-have for platform buffs.
Old 02-22-03, 01:30 AM

I bought it for 12 bucks used and I glad I picked it up.
the load times are really bad tho.

If you havn't played Crash before I'd pick it up. great platform fun
Old 02-22-03, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It was a decent game but not worth waiting for. The load times seemed to take as long as some of the levels did. No joke. It was a good game but I traded it due to the fact that it took too long to load up. 10.00 is a good deal but if there is any other 10.00 game that you see and want......I'd pick up something other than Crash.