Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official The getway thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-03, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've played it for about 45 minutes, and wow... the control really really sucks. I don't like how Hammond has to walk forward a little bit in order to rotate left, it makes it really hard to navigate through doors. That aspect combined with the weak camera makes it incredibly hard to aim at people and allows them to get numerous cheap shots on you. I'm thinking this is going back for DMC2
Old 01-25-03, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupid commercials...
Old 01-26-03, 02:32 AM

Just beat it. Pretty good game, but much overhyped. Dont' think I will ever play it again, but it was fun while it lasted.
Old 01-26-03, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nice game. Seems like a cross between a lot of Max Payne and a tad of Grand Theft Auto. Definitely worth $39.99. I got a great deal at Circuit City ($39.99 plus a $10 gift card). But people may complain because they went in with high expectations...
Old 01-27-03, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I've played through 4 missions, and I really like it. Graphics are very good, and I love the driving missions. Glad I bought it so far...
Old 01-31-03, 10:42 AM

I am at mission 9 right now. So far I have been enjoying this game. The car chases are great, the indoor action is also great. Once you get used to the twitchy camera and learn the different special moves you can perform, then it makes it a bit easier to beat the indoor missions. I had some difficulty in finishing mission 7, where you have to kill an inspector in the police hq. I basically had to kill every cop in the vicinity and took me about half an hour. Anyway, for the $39 this game is being sold at retail stores, it's a great game to buy and experience
Old 03-01-03, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Got it today - I think it sucks. Camera sucks. Controls suck. Graphics suck. The driving is kinda fun except that you can't see anywhere but ahead of you. The environment is cool too. I'm probably gonna take it back to EB. Mafia is 1000x better.