Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

EGM Quarterman's Gossip...Upcoming GameCube games to be cancelled

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-03, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EA has cut the pricing on all their games for every system around where I live. I believe they are just trying to clear out inventory.

What does Sega expect when they half-arse a post of PS2 game tot he gamecube? People are going to run out and buy it over a title has *some customization for the cube? I'm a fan of the 2k series, but this years football game was an embarassment.
Old 01-05-03, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by joltaddict
The only game I cant play on my PC, Box or Cube is VF4.

Ah yes the reason why I bought a PS2. I tell you what, I have a decent amount of games for my PS2, and it gets more play than my cube now. I still think the cube is a better designed system, but the PS2 just has the wealth of games.
Old 01-05-03, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts
I have rarely see Quarterman be right about much in his gossip section.
Old 01-05-03, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This is the same guy that said a few months ago that Nintendo is jumping ship on hardware. At least when this becomes a big internet rumor, we’ll know the source.
Old 01-05-03, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by joltaddict
Abandon its hardware? The next gen nintendo console is already a sure thing. Theyve already invested heavily in it. Non-news. Accurate or not, it doesnt matter at this point.
Money spent is money spent. They are going to have to spend a helluva lot more to bring the console out, and they will assuredly be losing money at first once the console is released. If they think there is no chance that it will be successful, they will cut their losses and abandon it. I doubt this will happen, but you can't say it's a sure thing three years from launch. You think Sega hadn't already spent tons of money on their next console?

If this is true about losing third party support, and it seems pretty realistic, I'd say this is terrible news about a new Nintendo console. 3rd party developers didn't support the N64 because of the format and developing fees and whatnot, and they are (supposedly) dropping their support for the Gamecube due to low sales. 3rd party developers would be insane to embrace a new console from Nintendo with this track record. They have to spend a ton of money to do R & D for new systems too, and I'm sure not many will be willing to jump on board a new system from Nintendo.

But as long as Nintendo keeps making great games I will be happy. The name on the console doesn't mean anything, I just want good games.
Old 01-05-03, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Matt925
Money spent is money spent. They are going to have to spend a helluva lot more to bring the console out, and they will assuredly be losing money at first once the console is released. If they think there is no chance that it will be successful, they will cut their losses and abandon it. I doubt this will happen, but you can't say it's a sure thing three years from launch.
I have pissed off every Nintendo fan on this board for trotting the numbers out on more than one occasion. It seems pretty obvious that they stand to make a ton more going software only. But for what ever reason they have decided theyre sticking with the consoles. Period. I dont know if its corporate pride or branding but they have decided to make less and do what they want. There will be a next gen Nintendo console. Its as close as you can get to a sure thing.
Old 01-05-03, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

d00d i read the quartman's gossip last couple months, looks like Nintendo's gonna be making a slam bam MEGATON announcement early December! I can't wiat! Don't know much about this Megaton announcement, but its gonna be Megaton!! Did i mention its gonna be Megaton? Make that Gigaton!

whats that you say...december was last month? doh!............
Old 01-06-03, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have to admit.. with the exception of Resident Weasel, which we only got cause my roommate paid half for it, all the games I have or want are all Nintendo games.
Old 01-06-03, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hey, I missed Quartermann's price drop too!
Old 01-06-03, 07:34 PM

Didn't he also say that the next Sonic game is in the works and it's for PS2?!