Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

So my friend has already played and beaten Wind Waker

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-02, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
So my friend has already played and beaten Wind Waker

As a fan of Ocarina of Time, he told me what Wind Waker was spectacular... He said the fight with the final boss

Spoiler:
is over an hour long

and that you finally beat the boss by

Spoiler:
by doing one of the craziest spinning moves ever seen, including any kung-fu / wire-fu movies

He'll be back from Japan in a few weeks time so I'll let you know my own thoughts soon.
Old 12-30-02, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts
I plan on importing this title soon, as long as the Freeloader disc comes out on its 01/07 release date. It has already been pushed back since Nov. If I do get it, a full review will follow. I'm glad to hear he enjoyed it.
Old 12-30-02, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about from a fan of REAL Zelda games, like the original or Link to the Past?
Old 12-30-02, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'll be interested to read your impressions. i am very excited for this title. i even pre-ordered (for the first time ever) just to get the OOT on gamecube as well.
Old 12-30-02, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anybody know where I can find pics of Ocarina Of Time for GC, or better yet post em? hehehhee. About pre ordering and getting this game for sure, the 2 gamestops I called told me it is not sure whether Nintendo will do the same deal here in America. Or has it already been officially anounced by Nintendo?
Old 12-30-02, 01:51 PM
zig

It has been officially announced. Gamestop.com says they're doing it.

This is the only game for a whlie that I'm REALLY wanting to play, March seems so far away.
Old 12-31-02, 05:14 PM

OOT for GC? have i been hibernating?? whats this about.? maybe i should start a new thread in case the explanations are "off-topic".. are they re-releasing the same exact OOT just uprgraded to play on the GC? and are they pre-order only or in store.. sorry im a little behind
Old 12-31-02, 06:23 PM

Originally posted by WillySi7
OOT for GC? have i been hibernating?? whats this about.? maybe i should start a new thread in case the explanations are "off-topic".. are they re-releasing the same exact OOT just uprgraded to play on the GC? and are they pre-order only or in store.. sorry im a little behind
Its OOT is free when you pre-order Zelda: Wind Waker at selected retailers. You can pre-order here:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categorie...p?pf_id=520110
Old 12-31-02, 11:25 PM

so i take it these extra discs will only be online buys only and not in store even if you purchase the wind waker
Old 01-01-03, 12:00 AM

I saw the in-store promo at EB this afternoon... so you can get the same deal in-store.

If you pre-order Wind Waker with $15 down, you get the bonus disc with the OOT port and the OOT remix version in February.

Note that eb online pre-orders have to pay an extra $5 to get the bonus disc early. Otherwise you get the bonus disc when the game ships.