Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

anyone played Freekstyle?

Old 12-23-02, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

anyone played Freekstyle?

Hey guys
Compusa has freekstyle (and nba street) for like 18 bucks I read... I was reading reviews for this game... any good?

for cube btw
Old 12-23-02, 03:09 AM

I would steer clear of Freakstyle, if you want a fun racing game of that sort you can pick up SSX Tricky almost anywhere for $20 on cube. As for NBA street, it is a great game, reminds me of a toned down NBA Jam, so if you like that type of game pick this one up. Hope that helps.
Old 12-23-02, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i have tricky already tho... its not as good as tricky?

i kinda like nba street... but not that much
Old 12-23-02, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, freekstyle was rather hard and got boring doing the same course over and over again. You screw up once and it was insanely hard to try to catch up to the rest of the pack.
Old 12-23-02, 03:49 PM
Cat

I really like Freakstyle at first, but as others mentioned, it was really frustrating. Some courses were just impossible to win unless you were absolutely perfect. If you made a mistake at the beginning of the course you might as well just restart because you would never even see the leader, much less have a chance to catch him.

Cat
Old 12-23-02, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The controls for the EA Big games really seem designed for the four shoulder buttons on the PS2 controller. The tricks require you to hold down up to 4 of those at once. Duplicating this on the GameCube is a pain. You end up having to hold down the L and R and the Y and the X and then hit the Z to tweak the trick.

Its pretty much impossible. I would only recommend EA Big games for the PS2. Stay away from the Cube versions.
Old 12-23-02, 11:16 PM

Great graphics and control. Computer cheats so bad. You will get really pissed. Too bad since it could be really good but the AI is so cheap.