Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Vice City Question: Jacking the Hunter (Apache Copter)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-16-02, 11:31 AM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've unlocked the Hunter! Yet my attempts to jack it from the army base have been abysmal. Soldiers usually either cut me down, or shoot down the Hunter before I'm six feet off the tarmac. Any suggestions?
Old 12-16-02, 11:40 AM

Go to the police station on the first island and go to the locker room and change into the police uniform.

You'll be able to walk right onto the base and take the copter!
Old 12-16-02, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Finish some of the Malibu missions; you'll unlock the police uniform (it'll appear in the locker room of the police station from then on). If you're wearing the police uniform, the soldiers won't shoot at you.

Edit: whoops... too slow.
Old 12-16-02, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here's a few tips.

1) Painless method. Go to the police station in Vice Point. Inside the locker room, there should be a police uniform, if you've completed the proper mission (can't remember which one off hand). Grab that uniform, and you can walk all over the base and not be shot at if you're not brandishing a weapon. It's a bit difficult to figure out how to get to the Hunter, but there is a way to simply walk over there.

2) A bit harder, and doesn't work 100%, I get about a 95% success ratio this way. Grab a helicopter. You'll probably want to use the Sea Sparrow your first time out, as it floats, but I use whatever happens to be handy. Fly in from the north, making sure you are over water at least before the junk yard. Stay low, and make sure you are hugging the water as you get close to the base. Pretend you are flying in "under the radar". Park the helicopter on the grass just outside the north wall of the military base. Try to make sure you are on the right side (facing south) of the Hunter. Now, working quickly, fly the helicopter just over the wall and very quickly land it. Run from your chopper to the hunter and get in. As long as you don't linger, the soldiers shouldn't notice you. However, every once in a while, there will be soldiers on the left side of the Hunter, and they can spot you. Fly high and north to escape the base.

3) Get all 100 packages and finish the "last" mission (the one that rolls the credits). The hunter will now be on the Helipad by the house at the south end of the first island. No one guards it.
Old 12-16-02, 11:44 AM

I love Vice City. I only have 1 problem.

I have 99 of the 100 hidden packages and I can't find the last one to save my life!!!!

I've even used a checklist I found on a web site, but to no avail.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
Old 12-16-02, 11:51 AM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

You fellas rule. Thanks.

I had the same 99 problem. But I finally figured out my 100th was just really hard to see ... the one on the rocks in the water.

I'm off to get that uniform!