NFL 2k3 tips and tricks.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NFL 2k3 tips and tricks.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-02, 12:20 AM
Shawn

Well, I just got this game thanks to the $20 deal at Circuit City, and I am terrible. I tried playing an exhibition game on Rookie, and basically every pass I threw was intercepted. After about three drives I got so frustrated I quit. I think I came closer when playing the Texans, however.

- Shawn
Old 12-17-02, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked this up last night at BB in DE for $14.99 after $5 coupon I received from my playstation.com mailer I've been playing Madden 2002 for a while now, and I have problems winning on PRO mode. From what everyone is saying, this one sounds difficult, but from reading the booklet, the game play seems more user friendly than Madden. I think my problem with Madden was that I would usually give up on the run game and take to the air. Then the defense double covers my "go-to" guys and I go one, two, three and out. Any suggestions on which teams to compete against on NFL2K3 to start out...besides the Texans?
Old 12-17-02, 12:31 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by cowboy
can you xbox guys give me some tips on hitting the black and white button at the same time? every time I charge the A and hit the black and white, my guy does a stiff arm. I can't seem to get it right unless I have my fingers prepared. then that gives away my play.
What are you trying to do by hitting the black and white buttons at the same time? AFAIK, they are only used for stiff arms (when you have the ball).
Old 12-17-02, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Shag
What are you trying to do by hitting the black and white buttons at the same time? AFAIK, they are only used for stiff arms (when you have the ball).
DITTO

If you have the ball in your right hand and you try to do a right stiff arm, you have to wait a step or 2 (depending on the back) while the back switches the ball to the other hand.
Old 12-17-02, 02:49 PM
Retired

One more gripe.

Worst kicking system ever. The moving arrow drives me nuts. Kicking should be an after though like in Madden and NCAA 2003. Just get in range, and make it if you have a decent kicker. I can't concentrate on keeping the damn arrow in place and getting my power right.
Old 12-17-02, 07:46 PM

Ok Im doing better than when I posted earlier in this topic, but I have one stupid question.

What play do I select to attempt an extra point ?

I usally just end up going for the 2 point conversion. Ive looked thru the updated manual and I just cant seem to find it. Maybe Im just stupid

Zach
Old 12-17-02, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by zsun
Ok Im doing better than when I posted earlier in this topic, but I have one stupid question.

What play do I select to attempt an extra point ?

I usally just end up going for the 2 point conversion. Ive looked thru the updated manual and I just cant seem to find it. Maybe Im just stupid

Zach
You kick a field goal.

I agree with what Josh said above, the kicking game is far too difficult. Anything beyond a 20-25 yard FG is damn near impossible. When I was first playing, extra points weren't even a given.
Old 12-17-02, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
I kicked a 51 yarder with The raiders kicker.

Last edited by damn_skippy; 12-17-02 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-17-02, 08:01 PM

Originally posted by damn_skippy
I kicked a 51 yearder with The raiders kicker.
That's amazing.
Old 12-17-02, 08:04 PM
Mod Emeritus

The kicking game is like the old golf games, I usually can kick it out of the end-zone. I like the ability to do that. Most football games don't let you do that.
Old 12-17-02, 08:27 PM
Retired

Kicking distance isn't a problem, it's the aiming that I can't stand.

If you like kicking it out of the end zone, try NCAA 2003. I kick touchbacks nearly every time.
Old 12-17-02, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
Originally posted by focker
That's amazing.

Thx. I was pretty excited. The aim isnt all that bad it's the up and down part that sux. What i do for aim is press "A" right before the arrow gets to where you want it to. Then just stop it as high as it will go. The the arrow has time to get in the right spot and you get the distance you need.
Old 12-17-02, 08:31 PM
Mod Emeritus

If I don't kick it out of the endzone, they can usually get it to the 30 -35.

What I do is move the aimer a little right to where I want to kick it to, then I immediately press the kick button, and let it rip on its first trip to the top and ususally get it at its peak.
Old 12-17-02, 08:47 PM
Retired

It's field goals where it's and issue. Aim on a kick off is no problem. Just aim it a little right or left (depending on which way the arrow is moving) and you're all set.

It's much tougher on field goals, particularly if your trying anything beyond 30 yards, or any distance at an angle rather than between the hash marks.
Old 12-17-02, 08:54 PM
Mod Emeritus

I ususally don't kick field goals that much, but in that case I can see the challenge.
Old 12-17-02, 09:10 PM
Retired

I haven't kicked too many so far, but usually once I bump the difficulty level up in football games, I have at least a couple games a season come down to a field goal. I'd probably lose those due to the crappy moving arrow in this game.
Old 12-17-02, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For field goals just kick it as hard as you can and try to imagine the arrow all the way to the posts. It's not that hard if you can get the distance.
Old 12-17-02, 09:16 PM

Originally posted by damn_skippy
For field goals just kick it as hard as you can and try to imagine the arrow all the way to the posts. It's not that hard if you can get the distance.
I can usually get the distance I need, but aiming can be very difficult when at an angle.
Old 12-17-02, 09:19 PM

I know I tried a field goal, but I remember it not giving me the point. Ill try again

Thanks

Zach
Old 12-17-02, 09:25 PM
Retired

My problem with the field goals is I have a hard time both keep the arrow where I think it needs to be, and then concentrating on making sure I kick it as hard as I can.

I'm used to NCAA 2003 where you can position the arrow however you want it and it will stay there, and then you concentrate on kicking it as hard as you can. It's much better that way as field goals should be relatively easy as long as you're in range and not at a wretched angle.