Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Got my GameCube - impressions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-02, 11:51 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ugh, I really really really wouldn't want to be conscious while that bad stuff goes on in my mouth... How much more?
Old 12-13-02, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Get all four done - after you have it done once, you won't want to go through the procedure again!

Love my new 'Cube! Thanks to everyone again for helping me score the deal. I have Harry Potter (easy, but quite fun!), Resident Evil (I find playing this scary!), Metroid (unopened) and the new James Bond title (unopened). The Wavebird SO ROCKS!

I haven't owned a console since the original Sega like 10 years ago so I'm psyched!

BTW how does one connect s-video/composite video? Do I need a special cable? I should read the manual I guess, but I'm too busy PLAYING!
Old 12-13-02, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by rfduncan
Get all four done - after you have it done once, you won't want to go through the procedure again!

Muahahahahaha... I don't have any wisdom teeth, never have and never will - I'm just higher up the evolutionary chain .

BTW how does one connect s-video/composite video? Do I need a special cable? I should read the manual I guess, but I'm too busy PLAYING!
You need to but the cables serperately. It comes with the composite so you should be all set. The S-video cables can be found all over (places like WalMart, CC, BB, etc.) and the component cables have to be bought from Nintendo.
Old 12-13-02, 12:42 PM

When I had my wisdom teeth pulled I had all four done while I was under. It seemed like I was out only about 5 minutes. I was a little goofy when I woke up. I had a nurse under each arm to carry me to a bed. After two days of swelling I was good as new, actually better than new!
Old 12-13-02, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hmm... It's nearly 200 more to go under...

Not sure what to do here...

I have insurance, but that only covers the basics. In other words, they arn't going to pay to put me under.

How is it when you have the stitches removed?

(Sorry for hijacking this thread...)
Old 12-13-02, 12:59 PM
Mod Emeritus

My stitches fell out naturally, some sort of stitch that disolves in your mouth or something.

Well if you can't afford it, get drunk or something first.
Old 12-13-02, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, the stitches dissolve on their own after a while. It's been a long time since I had my wisdom teeth out, but I had 5 1/2 of the damn things. I basically had five plus one that was about half the size. Definately do them all at once. I remember being pretty sore for a while after I had mine taken out.
Old 12-13-02, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 12-13-02, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Ghym
Yeah, the stitches dissolve on their own after a while. It's been a long time since I had my wisdom teeth out, but I had 5 1/2 of the damn things. I basically had five plus one that was about half the size. Definately do them all at once. I remember being pretty sore for a while after I had mine taken out.
Yeah, I had 5 as well ... a real pain ... they put me under, and I'd have to say that's the way to go. Mine were impacted & had to be surgically removed. I also had a dry socket (where the extra was right next to another one, left a big whole to fill).

The stitches do not have to be removed. Definitely all at once.

Also, if you still have a chance & you have a medical reimbursement plan available to elect(basically you put money in before taxes & can have items not paid by insurance paid for out of the account) then that can help. I got an estimate at the end of last year, then figured out how much to put into my reimbursement plan, based on what my insurance would pay, made the proper elections during open enrollment, then had them removed in Feb, and my medical reimbursement account, paid me back what my insurance did not cover (my part was $750).

By the way, Love my cube... Metroid Prime, & the wavebird rocks. Pick up an S-video cable for the GCN most anywhere... Component cables only available directly from Nintendo.
Old 12-13-02, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

[ MOVING TO MEDICAL FORUM ]
Old 12-13-02, 08:28 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thankfully all 4 of my Wisdom teeth came in a-ok. I got 2 in the 8th grade and 2 in the 10th if I remember correctly.
Old 12-13-02, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What happened here?
Old 12-13-02, 08:33 PM
Retired

No kidding, it's a gamecube thread. Gamecube fans aren't supposed to be old enough to be worrying about Wisdom teeth.
Old 12-13-02, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Obviously they weren't talking about the same kind of "impressions" I was
Old 12-14-02, 04:20 AM

Moan a lot immediately following teeth removal as the anasthetic wears off, and mention to the dentist that aspirin/tylenol/ibuprofen really doesn't ever feel like it's working. Then, when offered a choice of Vicadin, Percocet, or Oxycontin, request Oxycontin.

Then, contact shady underworld connections, and get them to sell oxycontin on the streets for $50 apiece (junkies are crushing tablets and snorting them, which eliminates the time release, thereby giving them a massive hit all at once).

Then, take those profits and buy more GameCube games.

Then, post your thoughts about those games, thereby returning to the original topic of this post, and thankfully eliminating this discussion about wisdom teeth, which I think was more painful to read than actually having my wisdom teeth removed.

Do you think they talk about GameCube games on Dentistry chat forums?
Old 12-14-02, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by jabbas
sell oxycontin on the streets for $50 apiece (junkies are crushing tablets and snorting them, which eliminates the time release, thereby giving them a massive hit all at once).
That does defeat the time release but it doesnt get you any higher. Its not like booze where more will amplify the effects. It might kill you though. In some cases people have cut them in half because they wanted a smaller dosage and ODed. The gamecube needs more cowbell.